Signature Waivers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
While it is appreciated SS is looking out for the collectors by having anything over $100 require a signature.. it's getting a bit frustrating that pretty much EVERYTHING coming from SS now requires a signature. I know Chicky said she would look into the possibility of a waiver.. so has there been any movement on that front? It sucks having to wait another few days because you missed the UPS guy by 5 minutes.

While it is appreciated SS is looking out for the collectors by having anything over $100 require a signature.. it's getting a bit frustrating that pretty much EVERYTHING coming from SS now requires a signature. I know Chicky said she would look into the possibility of a waiver.. so has there been any movement on that front? It sucks having to wait another few days because you missed the UPS guy by 5 minutes.

Huh? There is already a waiver form on their website under the help desk. I have used it many times already myself.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=66

I was unaware of a signature waiver as well. I have my Spook prize supposed to arrive today but it'll require a signature so I won't get it until maybe Friday.

I've been using the signature waiver form for the last year or so. It's WAY more convenient than having things shipped to work (since I live in Jersey and work in NYC), especially for the big stuff.

But I just wish this was an option you could click when ordering in the first place. Instead of going through the hassle of filling out the form and faxing it, it'd be great to have this as a box you could check on the original order page.

Yea just saw that the waiver is on a per order basis. I wish there was a universal one where you sign once and thats it. Doing this for every order will be a pain in the ass.

what if you live in the slums and have no access to a Fax machine? in fact, i'm surprised we even have UPS service way out here. the signing policy sucks since UPS seems to deliver when i'm at work all day. imagine that.:rolleyes:

anyone confirm a lowered shipping rate when you opt to avoid the signature required? I am all for safety, but the signature required option adds up.

Damn, everything requires a signature now? It's a good thing, but I hope they do get a waiver that'll work for everything. Although I do get paranoid I'll waive the required signature and someone will abscond with my package.

Damn, everything requires a signature now? It's a good thing, but I hope they do get a waiver that'll work for everything. Although I do get paranoid I'll waive the required signature and someone will abscond with my package.

Everything over $100.

Okay, that IS everything.

Oh, I see, I misunderstood the first post. Yeah I guess pretty much everything is over 100 dollars now. I miss the 12" figures for 40 bucks days.

Spoke with Chicky and she did say that this suggestion is still being investigated. She also wanted to make it known that when a person requests that the signature required be waived, it makes the process a bit more complicated (manual) and opens the door for possible shipping errors.

Is there a way that you can request your UPS location to hold all your packages at the UPS hub for your area, rather than delivering them to your house? I know that oftentimes its more convenient for me to pick them up at the local UPS warehouse than try to make sure I'm home for any package deliveries. But I have no idea if that's a service they offer... :confused: I do know that they offer the option to call in and have it held there after one failed delivery attempt, which I have used often.

I know that oftentimes its more convenient for me to pick them up at the local UPS warehouse than try to make sure I'm home for any package deliveries. But I have no idea if that's a service they offer... :confused: I do know that they offer the option to call in and have it held there after one failed delivery attempt, which I have used often.

Just wondering since employees have to order their Sideshow figures like everyone else can you have them delivered to work? :)

The hub suggestion is a good one Dusty. I've gone to pick things up from the hub after the truck gets back. I might just continue to do that if the waiver can create shipping problem situations.

Just wondering since employees have to order their Sideshow figures like everyone else can you have them delivered to work? :)

:rotfl Then you'd pay shipping to have it sent next door.

Thanks for the update Dusty.. I might just bite the bullet and continue seeing the UPS guy about once a week then :lol Another thing Im thinking about checking out is getting a box at the UPS Store, see if that is do-able. Id go with the Hub suggestion, but my closest one is a good 20 minute drive.

Back