Sideshow's Pro 1.2 body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a newer body in development, the "superhero" body they are using for the DC figures. that might be what had you confused.

Additionaly, i've not had a single pro body that was crappy since Snake eyes. They've all been hot toys level good. i think perhaps you just got a dud?

there is a newer body in development, the "superhero" body they are using for the DC figures. that might be what had you confused.

Additionaly, i've not had a single pro body that was crappy since Snake eyes. They've all been hot toys level good. i think perhaps you just got a dud?

No, it was long before those were announced. As was already figured out, it was the Pro 1.2 that was the new body in development that I'd heard about.

Glad you're happy with them. I've always thought the Sideshow bodies were weirdly proportioned or looked bad or were flawed in some way in regard to articulation. Others have also pointed out the problems with even these newer Sideshow bodies, and enough people swap out the bodies to illustrate the problems. Anyway, I guess that about wraps this up. :)

Sean

Well, the fact is Sideshow didn't really design it, they just copied the Volks Neo Guy body. So, in their defense they didn't design a poor body, they just copied the design of a poor body. I don't know if that's better or worse.

I've got 10 Sideshow figures built on Pro bodies. Vader, the Emperor, the Harbinger and Belloq were all pretty good. However the others, Stormtrooper, Indiana Jones, Hobbits, Henry Jones, Sr, and Lando were all so problematic that at this point I've just stopped buying Sideshow's figures.

It's the inconsistency that keeps me away. I bought Belloq despite the terrible Indiana Jones body, and Belloq was pretty good. I bought the Stormtrooper and it was loose joints all over. Then, Vader was solid as a rock, but Lando had loose ankles. It's just impossible to tell if the figure is going to be able to stand on its own or not.

The hobbit bodies were a Hot Toys designed body

but the only issue I've had with the SS Pro body was with my Clonobi...recently switched him out to a commander Gree body and all is well now.

I've had lots of issues with Sideshow's pro body, but I've since gotten Fett, Greedo, Hamerhead, and the Blackhole Stormie, and all of those have been great.

Lando was the last one I had serious issues with, and boy, that thing pissed me off

There's a whole lot of ignorance and hatred going on in this thread.

The two figures are the clone wars Kenobi and my sith Anakin.

Kenobi is loose all over and is a mess no clue why all the others are fine and he is just made of jello. He is fine when on a stand and in a static pose after allot of messing around but once you move him off the stand he collapses. But Anakin on the other part has the opposite problem. He is super stiff and most of his joints wont let me bend them the way they are supposed to. Haven't attempted to fix either because I just don't care....the only reason they are there is to keep my 221st and 501st clones happy.
That's a Hot Toys True Type Armor Body, and the very first one at that. All of the first bodies have issues regardless from which company.
-The first True Types had looseness issues
-The first True Type Predator bodies had looseness issues
-The first True Type Hobbit bodies had looseness issues
-The first Prometheus bodies had looseness issues.

I personally don't have issues of any type with the newest Pro bodies with the exception of the ones they gave Flint and Beachhead which had torso cracking issues.

Snake Eyes and Indiana Jones were the first couple of Prometheus bodies, which is why they have issues. The problems of the proportions were addressed by the 1.0 and onward.
The hobbit bodies were a Hot Toys designed body

but the only issue I've had with the SS Pro body was with my Clonobi...recently switched him out to a commander Gree body and all is well now.
That's not a Prometheus, it's a True Type Armor Body and the reason it has issues was as mentioned, it was the first of it's kind.
Sideshow has made many rapid improvements with the Pro bodies based on suggestions from fans. I advise anyone that would like a specific improvement to the Pro to send SSC a polite letter giving a precise suggestion on what specifically they can improve with a good reason why.
Personally, I would want the hip articulation revised with something that looks much more like the hip articulation on the True Type.

The Pro isn't quite as good as the True Type I agree, but it's clearly not the same quality as a Hasblow body.

I've had lots of issues with Sideshow's pro body, but I've since gotten Fett, Greedo, Hamerhead, and the Blackhole Stormie, and all of those have been great.

Lando was the last one I had serious issues with, and boy, that thing pissed me off

That's a True Type Armor Body, not a Pro.

No, it was long before those were announced. As was already figured out, it was the Pro 1.2 that was the new body in development that I'd heard about.

Glad you're happy with them. I've always thought the Sideshow bodies were weirdly proportioned or looked bad or were flawed in some way in regard to articulation. Others have also pointed out the problems with even these newer Sideshow bodies, and enough people swap out the bodies to illustrate the problems. Anyway, I guess that about wraps this up. :)

Sean

If you send a letter to Sideshow with suggestions on what specifically needs to be addressed it would go a long way to improving future releases.
After the first Prometheus came out I sent them a letter suggesting they elongate the torso, widen the shoulders, give them more of a derriere, make the arms thicker, tighten the joints, and eliminate the gaps between the hips and the derriere at the hip joint.
All but one was addressed (the gaps). I'm sure I wasn't the only one with these suggestions so if enough people bring whatever it is up to them, they'll address the issue.

Well, to repost what I originally asked, is the Pro 1.2 a new body?

Just to address your question directly:
1.1----1.0----1.2
052009pro-07.jpg

Additional new improvements are ratchet knees that first appeared on Beachhead I believe, these were replaced with a "rubber" type knee on Rock n' Roll and Zartan, Rock n' Roll and Zartan also have new muscle arms and detailed neck, Falcon has new muscle forearms and detailed neck and the Viper has a longer neck piece. The Star Wars figures have a variety of newly sculpted forearms, lower legs, and necks, someone a little more knowledgeable about those will have to post about them.

P1170043.jpg

P1170075.jpg

P1150446.jpg

P1150424.jpg

P1150388.jpg

P1150385.jpg

P1150140.jpg

P1150041.jpg

P1150438.jpg

P1130309.jpg

Every figure on some version of pro 1.1 or 1.2. Other than the annoying ratchet knees, I have never had a problem. I think they are excellent bodies.

Every figure on some version of pro 1.1 or 1.2. Other than the annoying ratchet knees, I have never had a problem. I think they are excellent bodies.

Try the Bith band members. The hands and feet come off if you look at them wrong, and the head is very loose. Aside from the problems I mentioned with the body itself in previous posts, my main complaint - like yours- were the knee joints, one of which is completely fused together and immobile.

And when countless guys swap out even these new Sideshow bodies for True Types, which is talked about extensively in almost every thread about a specific release, then you know you've got a problem.

Anyway- hopefully Sideshow will make improvements.

Sean

A fused knee joint is not the norm though. I have had, and heard of, far more broken True Type knee joints that Sideshow pro fused knee joints.

Nothing against Hot Toys TT, I think they are fantastic bodies, and definitely the standard-bearer in 1/6 bodies. But I also think the pro 1.1 and 1.2 are excellent bodies. Not perfect, but far from the sub standard body many think they are. Never had a problem achieving a desired pose.

Of course its all a matter of opinion.

And I don't have Bith band members, so I can't comment on them.

So Sideshow sent me a replacement body for the one with the fused knee- and guess what! It's knees are BOTH _____ed up. They barely bend. They sort of bend but then go back to their original positions. Seriously, this body is seriously flawed, mainly with the horribly designed knee joints. AND another Bith double figure set I bought also has one figure with the same screwed up knee. Sideshow needs to get their stuff together on this. For the prices we're paying this is not what I expect.

Sean

Back