Recommendations for a replacement body for SSC Catwoman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickytherockstar

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey, i hope this is the right place to post this question

i recently bought a "mint" SSC Catwoman off Ebay, within 2 minutes of opening the box i noticed the figure had a broken/loose left leg, after taking of the catsuit to inspect the leg i noticed the leg was not even attached to the body, the body was also covered in black "glue" over all the joints, needless to say it was/is a mess. i just bought a Baroness loose body to have my Catwoman be complete, but after reading around online it seems the Sideshow body is easy to break, so to display Catwoman i would like to give her a new body but im not sure what option would be the best, ideally id like to have a body that doesn't need much work to make the head/hands/feet fit, i don't even know if that is possible

ive been researching bodies and it seems my options are Zy Toys, Very Cool, Play Toys, Kumic and Phicen (there may be others, but this is just what i've found in the last few days)
Phicen seamless seems to be interesting, but i heard the metal ball joint is too big for the Catwoman head opening, and i don't want to have to cut the Catwoman head or anything like that, and using seamless for a character in a full body suit seems like kind of a waste?
Zy Toys body looks to be the cheapest option, i found one for around $27 shipped, but i can't find any reviews/videos of the body online
i found both positive and negative about the others so im unsure and im just looking for any recommendations
thanks in advance
Ricky

there are alot of advantages to using a phicen body, you will have to modify certain parts a bit but nothing drastic. Sideshow uses different pegs so regardless of the swap you have to modify the head and the feet likely. Your best options are either a stainless steel phicen or a hot toys body. I personally recommend phicen, you should check out Dean Knight's vid on you tube he has a good couple of vids on various catwoman figures he has modified, hope it helps good luck

thank you for the reply, i did see this video and it definitely inspired me, but once i heard that he had to cut the Catwoman head to get it to fit onto the body i kind of lost interest, i really don't want to ruin the Catwoman figure in anyway.
im completely fine with getting a body and altering/modifying it so it fits with Catwoman, last night i found that Phicen has a body that isn't seamless, from a figure called Wlima Derring, and i was thinking maybe since the neck and feet joints are plastic i could sand them down or something?

I had a spare black widow body and ended up usinf it to replace catwomans, its the neck joint hole thats i bit small so I widened it a bit with a dremel. You can either trim the ball peg neck joint or the hole in the headsculpt.

I just bought the Phicen jointed body, so i will try trimming down the joints on the body and see how that works
thanks for the info!

Back