Sideshow's Matt_Bischof on Flag points Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennywr22

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Wanted to promote a very cool podcast I listen to call Flagpoints. Maybe some here have already checked it out being Joe fans. The real reason I bring it up is that they recently interviewed Sideshow collectibles Gi joe 1:6 scale product coordinator Matt_Bischof. The episode should go up within the next week or do. In the meantime there is an older interview with him from April that was a great listen if you want to check that out. Good stuff that I recommend checking out.

https://flagpoints.podbean.com/

Isn't he the guy we blame for all inconsistencies between prototypes and production pieces?

Hopefully they ask some tougher questions such as;
  • "Why didn't you change the materiel to cloth in response to the largely negative feedback The pleather clothing received on the Crimson Guard?"
  • "Why didn't you paint the lower rear portion of the Crimson Guard's helmet red like it is on the original figure?"
  • "Why didn't you make any improvements to the head, sweater, wolf, or price on the Snake Eyes 2.0 figure in response to the overwhelmingly negative criticism the figure has received?"
  • "Why not scrap that release to make improvements and try submitting a redesigned Snake Eyes 2.0 that will please all the fans/customers?"
I doubt they will.

I ran out of time when I was listening to it earlier today and I didn't even get through the schmooze-fest at the beginning.

It lasted so long that I don't want to have to sit through that again so i am going to pass on listening to it.

It would be nice if it was more of a conversation about the challenges of developing a line rather than a Jay Leno style chat about "Baroness looks amazing, just a fantastic job, tell us more about it"

"Oh well thank you, well let's see, Baroness has two heads, her gear is really nice, and the fabric on her jumpsuit is a really great material that our fantastic Cut & Sew Lead Kevin Ellis made . . ."

Nononono, I know Kevin Ellis is fantastic and Baroness does look really sweet, when I ask about Baroness I want to know if her body is built like an Alpha body on CY compatibility or built like a HT body with no compatibility??

I don't need to see them in the hot seat, but I'd like to hear about things like why they made the decision to go ahead and release Indy on the Prometheus despite the shaky legs. Did they know the legs were an issue at the time or was that a total surprise when they got to the warehouse?

-What happened with the Rogue PF? Did the factory send good samples to approve but shipped 1,500 crappy versions??

-Polystone dioramas appear to be slow sellers but you keep doing them, why??

- First ratchet knees, now rubber knees, what keeps you from making bodies with standard knees??

I'd just like to know about crisis management, that sort of thing. What's your opinion on 1/6th in general, is it shrinking, is it bigger than ever?? You used to make runs of 10,000 figures in multiple licenses, now you make runs of 5,000 in two licenses. Has the market shrunk, or are you just more focused?

Back