Sideshow's Horrifying "Universal Monsters PURGE"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your search; I love the 1/6 line :rock

I was luck enough to meet someone through ebay who lives near my area. The guy was a serous collector/horror fan and had some rare 1/6 scale figures. I bought the following of him.

Creature from the black lagoon colour version - £130
Nosferatu colour version - £85
The Mummy - £80
London after Midnight colour version - £50
The Return of the Fly - £50 majestic
Jeepers Creepers - £50 majestic
Life size Glen - £125
original leatherface - £50 sideshow
The Crow - £35 Mcfarlane
Dream Warriors Freddy exclusive - £80
S-Mart Ash - £100

I thank God the day I met that guy.:pray:

I wonder if we will see an official statement from Sideshow Collectibles and Universal Studios Re this matter.

The Monsterkids of the world have a right to know what is going on!

Nick

Dont hold your breath. No official "we are done" statements were issued for X-Files, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone or any of the other lines they gave up on. They just quit. I do, however, think you can still find their respective archived images for those licenses though. Not so with anything and everything Universal. I wouldnt expect an explanation either. As much as I like the cheap junk **ahem** lower end collectibles DST has brought us this past year~it still doesnt hold a candle to the 8"product Sideshow brought us years ago.:peace

Dont hold your breath. No official "we are done" statements were issued for X-Files, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone or any of the other lines they gave up on. They just quit. I do, however, think you can still find their respective archived images for those licenses though. Not so with anything and everything Universal. I wouldnt expect an explanation either. As much as I like the cheap junk **ahem** lower end collectibles DST has brought us this past year~it still doesnt hold a candle to the 8"product Sideshow brought us years ago.:peace

Ok everyone I sent in a question to Sideshow Collectibles Re this "Universal" issue, If there even is an issue at all.

Nick

Ok everyone I sent in a question to Sideshow Collectibles Re this "Universal" issue, If there even is an issue at all.

I'm afraid there won't be another round of answers until the next Sideshow "event". And when that time comes, they'll skip your question. :monkey2

There is only one thing left for us to do...
36434506.jpg

Actually they did mention it (somewhere either on the board or on their site) when the license holder for Highlander pulled all their stuff.

But it was the same situation all of the sudden all Highlander products were suddenly gone and have not returned.

I checked my account and I still have some waitlist orders for uni horror stuff. When I click the links from the orders, it redirects me to the SS homepage.

This is like Hasbro not selling Joes...
Worse than your parents getting divorced...
Sideshow + Universal Monsters just seemed like one of those things you take for granted. It will go on forever...

or so we thought. :monkey2

The end of an era...

P4222685.jpg

P7202872.jpg

One off topic compliment~ I envy that predator.:horror But as we are doing pictorial tributes to Sideshow, I have posted a few at the bottom of the page. I have all the following(sans SSE versions), all the 8 inch line, all the 12 inch line, all the pfs (except that second crappy Frankenstein), all 3 dioramas, and at one point in time I owned their 4 Universal busts(which were sold due to lack of space and a huge profit to be made from their sale). R.I.P. Universal from Sideshow. It was a heckuva ride (1998-2010). 12 years of some great products.:bat:bat:frank:frank:mummy:mummy

From an old interview with cool toy review

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/Sideshow_Collectibles_Five_Years_After.asp

CTR: Universal Monsters have always been a Sideshow cornerstone, and for older SSC fans, the that property was usually the entry level collectible (mine being the 8” Bride figure). You’ve continued to produce new pieces, and the line has grown from 8” figures to 12” figures to Premium Format to 1/1 scale busts and so on. Will we see the line evolve as it has? Will we be seeing more love for the Wolf Man?

BO: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the Universal Monsters will always be a part of Sideshow Collectibles. That was our very first license we had and going forward it will always be a part of our legacy and we’ll continue doing them. The Wolf Man? Absolutely. In the next year or so we plan on taking a new look at the Universal Monsters. It won’t be a redesign or anything like that, but a new product different from what we’ve done before. We’re always open to going back to 1/1 bust or something like that. The Wolf Man and the Mummy have come up, so its something always in our forethought and like Indy, it will always be with a measured approach. For the Monster fans we want to always be able to sprinkle offerings without overdoing it.

Besides~ wasn't this before the dioramas came into being? That seems to be my memory, and that the dioramas were the new thing they were going to explore. Three dioramas was all the exploration we got before they were through.

With everything being yanked in the way that it was, I get the impression that it was NOT a friendly parting. Is that the way it usually goes with SS (ie-Weta)?

Storm the castle!!!!

Seriously, there's so many 12" figures and collectibles that can be done with Universal Monsters -it's a shame that it seems to have been forgotten all together by Sideshow.

Well, I checked, and I do still have a waitlist order for this:

Universal Studios Classic Monsters Dioramas Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man Diorama - Silver Screen Edition (1)

But when I click on the description to go to the sold out product page, it is missing. Seem like the end of an era for me. I always thought that might actually convert for me one day.

Back