Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when mine finally arrived in the mail. I was happier then a kid on X-Mas morning...

I'm actually really excited about this announcement. I used to have TONS of G.I. Joe figures, me and my brother both.

My parent's always bought us G.I. Joe figures all the time....My mom used to keep track of what ones we had and what ones we wanted. (She'd clip the bio cards off the back and save them all for us)...And, my Dad used to take us to Jamesway once every two weeks to get a new one...

Ahhh....the memories.

:)

I had mine still in the plastic bag up until two years ago when I gave it to a life long Bears fan. (I felt bad for him after the Panthers knocked them out of the playoffs.)

HELLS YESSSS!
:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw Scarlet's shots in the commercial, Then my jaw just hit the floor. I never thought it would happen, quality 1:6 mixed media Joes! I'm so going to go broke now.

But Sideshow seriously needs to upgrade their bodies both male and female. I can't imagine Scarlet, Lady Jay, Covergirl and the Baroness as current generation female bucks.

I can't wait to see these!

Holy ****e. I'm going to be so broke.

RAH GI JOE > Star Wars.
:lecture
If it ever comes down to me choosing which to buy in a given week, Star Wars is easily getting the ax. Nothing is a bigger part of my childhood then the Joes.

Darklord Dave said:
I hadn't even considered this would be appropriate for the Military section, but I guess we'll leave it there. I was thinking it's more a toy line like Transformers than reality based.

From the commercial, we see Cobra Commander, Scarlet, the Baroness - so I'm guessing it's more fantasy based than the traditional 12" Joe from the past.

YEAH DAVE ,I WOULD KEEP IT IN THE MILITARY SECTION...THIS WOULD REJUVENATED THAT BORING AND DYING FORUM.
I completly agree. Keep it here but amend the forum title to say G.I Joe/Military/Historical Figures
Shai Hulud said:
I WONDER IF THEY'LL HAVE ENOUGH CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM.....

https://joes.propadeutic.com/summary.html
There's a few of the later series ones they can skip. I don't want florescent Joes with giant water cannons on my shelf. ;)

Here's a few figures I'd like that I haven't seen posted here yet

Frickin' snowjob for one.... Man, he rules and so did the Polar battle Bear

Lifeline...just to cool.

Alpine

Torpedo

HISS Tank operator (with a tank)!

Lowlight

Beachead

Tripwire
Just to name a few.

I completly agree. Keep it here but amend the forum title to say G.I Joe/Military/Historical Figures

I agree. Joe is Military and the line is just what this dead section of the forum needs. It does NOT need to be grouped the TF and is NOT Marvel.

There's a few of the later series ones they can skip. I don't want florescent Joes with giant water cannons on my shelf. ;)

They have characters to go for years and years. I hope they stay mostly in the 82-86 years with some figures sprinkled from the later lines.

And yea, a SW figure would get the axe over a BAT, Flash or a scale Roadblock.

Man, SS getting the lisence had made my day, heck, year!!!!!

Man.....I didn't think I'd get into this line until I was just thinking about which figures I'd have to have and came up with this just off of the top of my head:

1. Snake Eyes
  2. Storm Shadow
  3. Cobra Commander
  4. Flint
  5. Scarlett
  6. Lady Jaye
  7. Duke
  8. Destro
  9. Zartan
  10. Serpentor
  11. Baroness

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd get some of the funny ones like Rowdy Rowdy Piper or The Fridge either....

This line is really gonna cost me...

They have characters to go for years and years. I hope they stay mostly in the 82-86 years with some figures sprinkled from the later lines.

And yea, a SW figure would get the axe over a BAT, Flash or a scale Roadblock.

Man, SS getting the lisence had made my day, heck, year!!!!!
I like some of the later figures too.
Man I really hope they make a Night Viper. :drool

1. Snake Eyes
  2. Storm Shadow
  3. Cobra Commander
  4. Flint
  5. Scarlett
  6. Lady Jaye
  7. Duke
  8. Destro
  9. Zartan
  10. Serpentor
  11. Baroness

Potential issues:
-Snake Eyes: Head sculpt - cloth over head or just sculpted?
-StormShadow: Head sculpt - cloth mask or just sculpted?
-Cobra Commander: Masks -cloth hood (with wire), helmet ("armor"), what underneath?
-Flint: removable beret? Cloth and/or plastic (like Praji)
-Scarlett: not much here other than the female body
-Lady Jaye: Same as Scarlett
-Duke: nothing comes to mind
-Destro: headsculpt - seperate from head underneath or just one piece? Removable?
-Zartan: what outfit? To be honest the '80s outfit is a bit homo now, plus what about COLOR CHANGING ability?
-Serpentor: ARMOR
-Baroness: outfit - may end up like Illum Padme's. Plus 1:6 glasses are always hit and miss.

BTW, Glad everyone things my choice of the Military forum appropriate. I figured, heck, they are military figures plus this section was about to become dead without some sort of boost.

Yeah, I saved a sub-forum! :woo

Snow Job, please.

snowjob.gif

I for one vote for removable masks on everyone. We know what StormShadow looks like. We have an idea what Snake Eyes looks like. I'd love to see a gruesome Sideshow interpretaion of Snake Eyes unmasked.

And to be honest, I've always wanted to know what is just hiding behind Cobra Commanders hood.

I know many are against such things, but I've always been the kind of guy that likes to see mysteries finally solved and not left open ended.

Gary Oldman is behind CC mask.

If they do make Snake Eyes head, they better make him disfigured from hell. Cause early in the comic, hardened soldiers would scream like girls at it, but later in the comic he looked like Brad Pitt with a couple scars.

Gary Oldman is behind CC mask.

If they do make Snake Eyes head, they better make him disfigured from hell. Cause early in the comic, hardened soldiers would scream like girls at it, but later in the comic he looked like Brad Pitt with a couple scars.

Which Gary Oldman :lol That guy is practically the modern Lon Chaney.

I agree, I want a very messed up Snake Eyes if they have him with a removable mask. Just like Doctor Doom, there is the "one scar" version and the heavily messed up version (LSB with removable nose?).

Back