Sideshowfreak uit Nederland meldt zich aan...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleis

Freakzoid
Reaction score
As the title says, in Dutch: Sideshowfreak from the Netherlands signing in :)

I've been lurking here for quite a while now, especially in the area's with hand-in pictures of Dinosauria pieces, so I have decided to finally register and shortly introduce myself to you :)

At first: apologies for my horrible english speaking and writing, I will try to be as understandable as possible.
I am a 23-year old girl from The Netherlands. I always have been very into movies, so like many people, I was very into The Lord of the Rings movies when they came out (and still am of course). Since I like everything that is dark, evil and rides horses (I am a horsefreak as well as a Sideshowfreak) I particullarly liked the Nazgul and their horses. One day, when looking up pictures of those, I stumbled upon a picture of the Nazgul Steed bust by Sideshow/Weta. I really loved it, but believed it was way to expensive and unreachable for me, although I nontheless always kept it in the back of my mind. A few years later, after watching the Lord of the Rings for the zillionth time, I started to look up more pictures of the bust and with a little help from a friend I found a combined auction on Dutch Ebay for a Nazgul Steed bust and Ringwraith bust. I was sold the minute I opened te boxes and after that I started looking into Sideshow and back then especially Lord of the Rings statues and busts more. After a while I got into other lines as wel and now I have been collecting stuff that I like every now and then for about four years now.
After a lot of different directions during the time, right now I mostly focus on:

- Sideshow's Dinosauria
- Sideshow/Weta Lord of the Rings (the old stuff)
- Sideshow female Marvel comiquette's
- Sideshow Alien statues
- Some random things from as wel Sideshow as some other companies

Besides statues one of my other big hobbies is writing: I have studied Dutch Language and Culture because I hope to write young adultbooks for a living one day, which is very unlikely because half of the worldpopulation wants this and you have to be really, really good, but writing is my passion so I will never stop trying. Also I am very fond of animals: I have a couple of budgies, who go very well with each other 99% of the time and almost kill each other the other 1%, a rabbit who is mostly an angel but quite dangerous for about a week four times a year, and a lot of fish (in a tank, not on your plaid). I am particullarly fond of (male) Betta fish and like to buy sick ones and try to get them better, which led to the fact that at the moment I have three thanks in two different rooms. Also I like horsebackriding and do this about once or twice a week.
Last but not least, I like movies, and music: I play guitar, bassguitar and cello, and I listen to all kinds of music from pop like Simply Red and Michael Jackson to other stuff as My Dying Bride, Otep, Korn, Cradle of Filth, Mortiis and a lot more bands that usually only 15-year old emokids listen to.

I see that this has gotten to quite a bookstory again, so I will call it a day (time to go to bed here by now) and will stop bothering you. I look foward to getting to know the other freaks and talk with you about this great hobby.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Sleis

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Sleis! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Back