Sideshow WWI Bayonets & Barbed Wire retailers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know where I can get a 5th Marine Rifleman? Seems like he's the one people go for the most.

Keep checking Ebay, he was up there a couple of days ago. Especially since it is 2 - 3 weeks until Christmas.... I am sure one will turn up.

right now, there is a British Lewis Gunner, German Stormpioneer & Marine up for AUCTION on Ebay. There is also a U.S. Officer, Eddie Rickenbacker(regular) and German Officer up for buy - it - now. Check it out on Ebay - search "Sideshow WWI" and "Sideshow Bayonets"

i like the fact that did is producing a vast amount of nazis. as there were a vast amount of german units to do so. i just like the infantry germans a little more than the generals. im just waiting on a B.A.R. gunner. im suprised they havent done one yet. and im waiting on an american sniper and a few more marines. id say they will eventually do a WWI line, but it may be a while. who knows. id love to see a few more japs though. and a WWI line would be great.

Yes, I agree. I think that if DiD "did" a WWI line, it would sell like wildfire. DiD Would no doubt make great figures, and what have they got to lose? WWI would bring in a ton of money and a ton of joy to 1/6 collectors around the world. My only concern, though, is that 1.) DiD makes terrible American headsculpts, 2.) They make difficult to deal with hands, and 3.) Their equipment is very easily broken. Seriously, a baby could break the accessories that they include with their figures. I don't know why, but it seems that DiD makes cheap equipment. It looks very detailed and expensive - but the quality is the exact opposite. \

I would have to say that DiD needs to make some changes before considering a WWI line. I do not want to spend a ton of cash (Because a DiD WWI figure is bound to be worth BIG BUCKS!) on a WWI figure and break it by just trying to put the gear ON the figure.

But Yes, I do want to see a WWI line from DiD. Bottom line message to DiD
"Quality is what counts, not Quantity"

Unfortunatley, WWI doesnt sell compared to WWII figs. Twisting Toys put oit an excellent WWI Italian Carbiniere. The uniform could be used for a standard Italian soldier. They also had a WWI Italian stromtrooper with a full farnia armor in the works, but I dont know if it will go into production. With SST putting out a new civil war cannon, Im hoping they will do the same with the B&BW WWI line

i like did's gear, but i do tend to break some of their stuff. and its always the tiny ^^^^ that i bust, like the buttons on the american canteens. them piss me off. lol. i love their figures though. the american sculpts are not coolest but i do like the bendable hands. but i wish they would make them able to accept the regular hands they make as well, instead of that damn ball joint in the wrist. and an easier method of changing heads would be great!

Yes, I have seen the WWI Italian soldier. I think that the reason it did not sell so well is because it is an Italian Soldier. An Italian Soldier is not exactly an iconic WWI figure. They should have made an American, German, British or Russian soldier. I know it sounds wrong, but many people are oblivious to Italy's involvement in WWI.

As for DiD, I still believe that their equipment is bad quality. However, you have to admit that their uniforms are far more detailed than other brands. :flag

Yea, unless you're an Ernest Hemingway fan!! Didn't he drive an ambulance for the Red Cross in Italy in WWI? Still it's a nice figure and I think I'll eventually get one, maybe customize it to something a little more common, like an infantryman or Alpine soldier. There were some pretty big battles with the Italians in WWI - Caporetto was one I recall - I think with the Austo-Hungarian forces, which would make a nice pair of figures. Ah, the time. Ah, the money....

id like to see a better line of WWI troops. sideshow did ok with them, but i think that DiD would do a better job with them. i think sideshow ended the line a little early due to the sales. but i dont know. and i must agree that the uniforms on the DiD dudes do far surpass that of other companys. the uniform and its insignias can greatly increase the realism of the figure and make it truly stand out among others. thats one thing i havent seen much of in the sideshow lines. but they still are cool figures. just not enough of them to choose from. id love to see DiD do some doughboys and some germans from that war. i think theyd be amazing. but im still waiting for sideshow to do a pf capt. miller from saving private ryan. id love it. oh how good it is to dream....

I personally love the Bayonets & Barbed Wire line, but there are a few flaws.
Sideshow made some of the belts out of elastic - that is STUPID! It completely ruins it! Also, some of the boots don't allow the figure to stand up on his own - you have to use a prop or something to keep him from falling over.

Eh, the problem with DID is that they mostly either have the wrong gear for the wrong year that their figure(s) are set in(IE: 101st Airborne Ricky Foster has the M43 trousers(Market Garden) with an M42 Tunic(Normandy) ), or they don't include some of the most essential gear(IE: 101st Airborne Albert Ross' helmet is missing the leather paratroop chin strap liner).

Dragon used to be very good, but have fallen behind over the years. Their newer figures are pretty mediocre now.

I just put up my custom 1/6 WW1 trench up for sale on ebay. I made a custom 1:6 scale ww1 trench for my B&B wire figures. It is too small now for all my allied figures and I need to make a larger one. The one I am selling is still pretty big, though. Check it out if you want.

Stupid question perhaps, but can't you use your trench for a bigger one? You could expand it with a housing hole or a heavy MSG position or something.

You can get a few at silversnail.com out of Toronto Canada, no idea what shipping would cost, but it's probably less that sc.

I'm tellin' ya boys, I remember vaguely a Maxim Gun with crew from the B & B series. I want to say it was a future release that never happened. I remember seeing this online when the series was still available and I thought "I'll never get in to buying these toys because I'll go broke trying to get the whole series." Now I have 2 or more of everything!! Does anyone remember this or is it just a figment of my imagination?? Crew may have just been the Officer and Trench raider, but the Maxim was there....

Unfortunately, I started collecting after everything was sold out. You could go buy the DID Vickers MG from the John coleman collection. It is very detailed - full metal and definitely ww1 era. (P.S. It is cheaper to buy the whole set - they sell the guns for like 40 bucks and why not get ww1 british uniform pieces for 20 bucks more?)

Everyone reading this who is frustrated that Sideshow quit developing ww1 figures should write to sideshow via their website. They need to develop new ww1 figures and accessories. Like, it would be nice to have WWI carded uniform sets like they did in the BoA series. If we all send complaints and ideas, they will notice and take us seriously.

Back