1/6 Sideshow Wonder Woman Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually looking back at the proto I'd say there's been a pretty big downgrade in terms of the paint job. And the head seemed a bit wider and more realistic originally as well.

wonder-woman_dc-comics_gallery_5dccaa39dc4fb.jpg

I was looking at the same pic earlier and thought the same. I mentioned before that I noticed the paint apps weren’t so tight and when you compare this to the released figure it’s really apparent. Whether the sculpt has actually been altered during production or it’s just the paint I’m not sure.

I was looking at the same pic earlier and thought the same. I mentioned before that I noticed the paint apps weren?t so tight and when you compare this to the released figure it?s really apparent. Whether the sculpt has actually been altered during production or it?s just the paint I?m not sure.

Yes there?s a slight alteration during the casting but I believe it?s just the a lazy paint job.

I ordered one and can?t wait to get it.

I will repaint her a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to get mine this Friday just wanted to known is the body anatomically correct?

She looks like a man.

I love that you said this. I literally saw those posted photos of her last night and instantly, my inside voice said in my best Austin Powers "That's a man, baby!" :lol

Anyway, in more positive news, I look forward to seeing some of you guys repaint her. She definitely needs some plastic surgery on her face. The proto looked better, it's like they squashed/lengthened her face and gave her the Rumer Willis treatment in production. Look forward to seeing your repaints and making her shine. Please Sideshow, don't mess up CW 1/6... make her stunning. No SJW masculine features on a woman please (no offense to anyone of course).

Last edited:
If you like this figure please do not take offense. There are figures I completely love and others trash. The price doesn't help, but this figure from the start just seemed off. One thing that was mentioned in this thread was that it looks like the proto and I wholeheartedly agree on that aspect. It did not look good to me from the get go. Once I actually saw the figure it did not look better. There are weird proportions. It really isn't all that attractive. I wanted to see what others saw so I would like it, but sadly I must be missing something.

We hear you and you bring up valid points. I'll be happy when Sideshow gets back to making women stunningly beautiful again. They've done it many times and though they haven't done many 1/6 women, they made Baroness 1/6 gorgeous and feminine. The very recent WW bust has a beautiful portrait so it's not like they're incapable of feminine sculpts in 2020... can't wait to see CW 1/6 and hopefully they'll hear our constructive criticism and make her BEAUTIFUL

We hear you and you bring up valid points. I'll be happy when Sideshow gets back to making women stunningly beautiful again. They've done it many times and though they haven't done many 1/6 women, they made Baroness 1/6 gorgeous and feminine. The very recent WW bust has a beautiful portrait so it's not like they're incapable of feminine sculpts in 2020... can't wait to see CW 1/6 and hopefully they'll hear our constructive criticism and make her BEAUTIFUL

No offense as I do love the GI Joe line, but I wouldn't say the Baroness sculpt is "gorgeous." It's good but it's by no means perfect with its own share of issues too like the pencil thin chola eyebrows, way too dark lipstick and a giant block of plastic hair as well. Is it a feminine portrait? Sure, but it's definitely not the end-all go by IMO. Not to mention the overly small feet and the oddly proportioned body that was prone to snapping at the hips. The Baroness PF has a much better face and hair sculpt.

As for Catwoman, a repaint to the V1 sculpt makes it shine to really bring out the feminine qualities. So much so that I've teetered on buying that one to repaint and switch the body on considering all the accessories it comes with since SS likes to skimp out on that stuff nowadays. But I'll wait for if/when a new one is revealed...hopefully by Spooktacular or 12 Days of Sideshow.

Going to get mine this Friday just wanted to known is the body anatomically correct?

Unless you're planning on doing something..."special" with your figure :)stick)...not sure why that matters since the areas in question are covered up :monkey1

Last edited:
Maybe it is also partly the lighting. Looking at my headsculpt, the biggest difference in paint is the lips. The lips on the proto were more natural colored, while the lips on mine are more red. But the paint around the eyes, inside the eyes, the eyebrows, the cheeks, the headband... are all like the proto.
On my shelf, much of her face ends up in shadow, cause of the huge mane of hair.

But I get it. People like their 1/6 to look more like real human, with the skin texture, etc., that hot toys is so good at.

I like that for certain figures, but as all my other "comic" 1/6 are slightly cartoonish, this figure fits right in!

I wouldn't place it on the shelf beside Batfleck, or any other Hot Toys JL figures, but beside the other SSC 1/6 DC line, it's great.

Thanks for the pics sj2106 :hi5:

The close up one makes me wonder if there's some beauty to be found with a proper repaint and removing the hair for some rooted hair. Put some make up around the eyes, thin the eyebrows, reposition the eyes to look slightly up and repaint the lips.

For close to $300 you shouldn't have to. ;)

I understand if people dont like the face (personally i love the hardass expression), but much of the criticism doesn't hit home for me. $250 is basically the new entry level price point for 1/6 figures, so why would I be shocked that this figure is $250? A TBLeague body alone is almost $100.

Problem is: Sideshow doesn't go the extra mile to justify the $250 Hot Toys-like price tag on their Super Heroes.

- Sideshow doesn't employ any tech to light up their figures (examples: Ghost Rider & the upcoming Cyclops)
- They don't scale appropriately (Thor & Luke Cage should be taller figures)
- They use fabric very well which I like, but it doesn't look as WOW as the stretchy plastic material that Hot Toys uses
- Box art for figures is drab
- Most of the time they just miss the mark making you feel like you need to modify it to make it better (Flash's body)

There are exceptions of course and some will debate. To me their best figure thus far has been the Brown/Yellow Wolverine. Very worthy of the price tag to me and well-accessorized.

No offense as I do love the GI Joe line, but I wouldn't say the Baroness sculpt is "gorgeous." It's good but it's by no means perfect with its own share of issues too like the pencil thin chola eyebrows, way too dark lipstick and a giant block of plastic hair as well. Is it a feminine portrait? Sure, but it's definitely not the end-all go by IMO. Not to mention the overly small feet and the oddly proportioned body that was prone to snapping at the hips. The Baroness PF has a much better face and hair sculpt.

As for Catwoman, a repaint to the V1 sculpt makes it shine to really bring out the feminine qualities. So much so that I've teetered on buying that one to repaint and switch the body on considering all the accessories it comes with since SS likes to skimp out on that stuff nowadays. But I'll wait for if/when a new one is revealed...hopefully by Spooktacular or 12 Days of Sideshow.

Unless you're planning on doing something..."special" with your figure :)stick)...not sure why that matters since the areas in question are covered up :monkey1

All good, we'll agree to disagree :) I LOVE the Baroness 1/6 sculpt. She's gorgeus in person. Her lips are vamp and I like the PF but prefer the 1/6. The brows are okay on Baroness 1/6, I agree. But... that's a woman in the sculpt. Soft high cheek bones, soft small chin, beautiful face, I like the hair sculpt. The original CW 1/6 is a DISASTER and probably the worst Sideshow has done in 1/6 face-wise (the CW suit was great though). The gave CW a horrible birth-defect-like massive space between her eyes. Completely bizarre and I'm not sure how a professional sculptor would make that mistake. As for figures snapping, I've never understood people posing their figures. I treat mine like babies and only pose their arms with weapons and have never had an issue. Gi Joe was among Sideshow's best 1/6 and they gave TONS of accessories and it was well worth the money.

Sideshow needs to think "Beauty" when it comes to women's sculpts. No one wants to look at a masculine woman (unless that's their thing) but most men want to look at a soft beauty not a hard macho female face. Also it's time for Sideshow to give accessories again and not be so cheap. They want $250 plus shipping for a sparse and manly looking Wonder Woman? Not from this sucker. Never going to happen. I look forward to the new CW and hope they don't drop the ball. I'm sure they won't as they have a new creative team

I don't know how many of you saw this in person at SDCC last year, but it looks exactly like what I see in the pictures people are posting. Their recent Superman is another one I don't get. There has to be a licensing issue because I do love what SS does with their statues and head sculpts. They have some beautifully sculpted faces; these figures are just odd.

Dude... we get it.

Nice energy guy. Stalker much? Must've taken you an hour to copy and paste. Too much time on your hands? What SIDESHOW needs to get is what I've said numerous times. Shaming someone for giving an opinion? Won't work on me. When Sideshow is great, they're great but no excuse on this. Now sure, let's hear from others... I truly just don't want them to mess up CW :wave

P.S. I'll continue to reply to the posts I see fit to and you can continue to copy and paste.

Nah, there's a feature is called multi-quote.

You're entitled to your opinion, and entitled to post it. I'm just telling you it's been heard, man.

Very creepy behavior. Very creepy. Thanks for teaching me about multi-quote. I'll be sure not to use it since I'm not the type of person to want to start stuff and clearly that was your goal. Or to shame me...? Feel better with what ever's troubling you in life

On another note, and this is for Sideshow -- they really should make more female 1/6 and then there would be more to compare to in terms of good sculpts vs bad. They've made like 4 comic-inspired 1/6 women... not great. I'll let others speak before I'm multi-quoted again from the guy/girl/Sideshow-employee in charge of the thread

Last edited:
Problem is: Sideshow doesn't go the extra mile to justify the $250 Hot Toys-like price tag on their Super Heroes.
Yeah, maybe. I dont want to make assumptions about what HT's production costs are compared to Sideshow, but I agree there is a disparity between what you get for the price.

Sideshow doesn't employ any tech to light up their figures (examples: Ghost Rider & the upcoming Cyclops)
For sure, though I never use those features anyway. Batteries are a pain.

They don't scale appropriately (Thor & Luke Cage should be taller figures)
This is one area where I'm not sure Hot Toys is doing much better.

They use fabric very well which I like, but it doesn't look as WOW as the stretchy plastic material that Hot Toys uses
I think that's an artistic choice.

Most of the time they just miss the mark making you feel like you need to modify it to make it better (Flash's body)
I thought all the recent figures were solid put of the box, Flash included. However, I know the community and I have differing opinions on this one. I know many people like putting these suits on TBLeague bodies, which I don't like because the suits aren't tailored for that.

There are exceptions of course and some will debate. To me their best figure thus far has been the Brown/Yellow Wolverine. Very worthy of the price tag to me and well-accessorized.
Wolverine and the old Gotham Knight Batman were both an amazing value. Though I think the overall design of the recent figures is superior.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back