Sideshow Wolf Bio Recast Alert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am sarcastically shocked and appalled that an asian ebay seller would be selling knock-off collectibles.

can you actually report these guys and have their auctions taken down, or does ebay not give a ____?

I can't remember if this was the Bio Dan aka Faken was selling on his site (before he stopped selling unofficial stuff). And if it is the same Bio FYI: It's better than the SS piece, recast or not. The Bio I'm talking about was specifically made to fix the warping issue a lot of SSC Wolf Bio's had.

I can't remember if this was the Bio Dan aka Faken was selling on his site (before he stopped selling unofficial stuff). And if it is the same Bio FYI: It's better than the SS piece, recast or not. The Bio I'm talking about was specifically made to fix the warping issue a lot of SSC Wolf Bio's had.

no, its not the same one. I know the guy that made that one, and it had real lasers and didnt include a recasted base; not to mention he charged just as much, if not more than what SS had their version up for.

no, its not the same one. I know the guy that made that one, and it had real lasers and didnt include a recasted base; not to mention he charged just as much, if not more than what SS had their version up for.

Oh ok. And if it was more like I said it's still worth it since it fixed the warping the SSC piece had. :D

To be honest it may be a recast, but he isn't claiming its an original Sideshow piece in his auction. The price is also reasonable at least hes not trying to get $700+ for it since the original would sell for that much.

Oh my, it even lights up? This absolutely sucks for people like me who own the real one and were happy about it's value.

I have to admit that this looks really good. However recasting is wrong and having a recast in your collection is lame.

To be honest it may be a recast, but he isn't claiming its an original Sideshow piece in his auction. The price is also reasonable at least hes not trying to get $700+ for it since the original would sell for that much.

i know, but its obvious this guy stole the same idea from SS/ADI and didnt even change anything about it. It has the same base, lenses and has LED's. It looks exactly the same as the SS version. It prolly wouldnt be as big of a deal if they didnt also recast the Sideshow base and show it off exaclty like their version since fans can replicate the bios to a tee. your right, it would be worse if they passed it off as a sideshow piece, but they very easily could cause it looks exactly the same, except there is no design underneath the base.

Here's a scary thought for you guys. Some of these "recasts", and I'm sure this is one of them, are actually cast from the same factories in mainland China that Sideshow uses to manufacture their stuff. What happens is you have some middle management guys taking a few copies from the factories and selling them for their own profit. That's why there's so many knock offs from China in the first place; since everything is manufactured in China, they can easily take parts or complete pieces straight from the factory and make knock off version and sell them to make profit. Can't really stop them considering how corrupted the whole damn country is ;/ You'd probably have to pay the cops just to persuade them to arrest a crook, that is if the crook isn't already paying the cops to have you arrested first :)

Last edited:
China sounds great. Plus they have Godzilla and a bunch of giant robots running around Kung-Fu fighting. Awesome!

:lol

godzilla lives in japan.

i must say, the recast looks very good. and it's the first recast i've seen on ebay that even has the same ss base.

and so very tempting for a collector like me who has still not found a wolf bio. my grail. but yeah, recasting is bad.

Back