Sideshow, whats with all the Flaking recently ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any of this have to do with the humidity you store these things in?

I cant see how that would be possible since it seems to be limited to a certain few items.

And I have very very little to no humidity where I live or in my house.

And many of the Darkness busts CAME cracking and flaking direct from Sideshow.

I cant see how that would be possible since it seems to be limited to a certain few items.

And I have very very little to no humidity where I live or in my house.

And many of the Darkness busts CAME cracking and flaking direct from Sideshow.

THAT I did not know...that is major lame sauce.

definitely not anything to do with humidity or heat issue's! I collect vintage and rare guitars so my house is all controlled to keep climate at ideal constant and out of the 50 or 60 ssc busts, replicas, and pf's i've got its only these few that have done it and they're not kept on their own. it's just awful qc imo!

THAT I did not know...that is major lame sauce.

Its apparently because they do not prime their pieces before painting. Its the sort of thing you won't even find on chinese knockoff action figures from the dollar store from 1992.

Well Sideshow, I just canceled my Darth Talon and Rocketeer PFs as well as the 1:1 Indy Idol. I'll be canceling the rope bridge diorama and ordering nothing else as well until this is both aknowleged and fixed.

Its not like their aren't plenty of talented customisers around here who actually take pride in their work to give my money to instead.

Its apparently because they do not prime their pieces before painting. Its the sort of thing you won't even find on chinese knockoff action figures from the dollar store from 1992.

Well Sideshow, I just canceled my Darth Talon and Rocketeer PFs as well as the 1:1 Indy Idol. I'll be canceling the rope bridge diorama and ordering nothing else as well until this is both aknowleged and fixed.

I didn't think about the 1:1 Indy Idol...that worries me a bit but is that process a bit different then regular painting?

This is really extremely depressing news. So, has anyone noticed this happening on any of the earlier LSBs, like the Lord of the Rings, etc.?

I have never had any paint issues with any sideshow product as of yet.

I am sure Sideshow is doing their best to address and fix any and all issues that are happening with their products.

stick with Sideshow folks, They will make things right, They always do.

I have never had any paint issues with any sideshow product as of yet.

I am sure Sideshow is doing their best to address and fix any and all issues that are happening with their products.

stick with Sideshow folks, They will make thing right, They always do.

I think we just want to be reassured that this will be made right.

After reading this thread, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. However, I must say I'm concerned about the $250 I plunked down for the Vader 1:1 bust. The last thing I need is a $1250 item falling apart on me after 12 months.:monkey2

After reading this thread, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. However, I must say I'm concerned about the $250 I plunked down for the Vader 1:1 bust. The last thing I need is a $1250 item falling apart on me after 12 months.:monkey2

You're in the same boat as me. :horror

Especially if YOU are the one who has to repaint it. Owned!
I wouldn't paint mine i'm that bad it would look worse than the paint falling off! :lol

if this is the wave of the future for SS i am out. I cannot afford to buy these pieces and then have them deteriorate for no reason.

Darkness black edition in......with ????in' flaking paint :mad:

????in waste :monkey4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back