Sideshow, whats with all the Flaking recently ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its likely that Darkness and Sabertooth are the only ones affected, I am not to sure how wide spread this is, but I kinda think future releases should be fine.

This is why Sideshow really should address this. Some people are gonna read this thread and start to panic about their orders.Sideshow should say if these (darkness,sabertooth) were isolated problems (and what EXACTLY caused the problems) and that those problems have been addressed or not.

Its likely that Darkness and Sabertooth are the only ones affected, I am not to sure how wide spread this is, but I kinda think future releases should be fine.

This is why Sideshow really should address this. Some people are gonna read this thread and start to panic about their orders.Sideshow should say if these (darkness,sabertooth) were isolated problems (and what EXACTLY caused the problems) and that those problems have been addressed or not.

Yeah hopefully you're right man.

I hope so too.

I think I'll hold on to my black edition for a couple weeks at least. When the red Darkness bust shipped the reports of cracking/flaking came in pretty quick, so I would assume the same would happen with the black edition.

If a couple weeks pass and no one reports problems I think that will be a good sign.

I hope so too.

I think I'll hold on to my black edition for a couple weeks at least. When the red Darkness bust shipped the reports of cracking/flaking came in pretty quick, so I would assume the same would happen with the black edition.

If a couple weeks pass and no one reports problems I think that will be a good sign.

Yeah it sure would. :)

I really wanted the Legend LSB. But there's no way I'm gonna frustrate myself with buying one because I think this is inevitable for all of them.

Just like when the IM bust thing happened. SS said that it was a very small number of them, but I have a hard time thinking that some were painted in a different way. They were probably all done this way. It would make no sense for them to half ass only a portion of them.

really sux, cause I wanted to pick up that Darkness LSB at some point. I'll just avoid it now..... :monkey1

Remember guys this site isn't affiliated with Sideshow in any way so I don't think its right to expect a response or explanation in this thread...

Ask Sideshow Collectibles For questions only SSC VIPs can answer.

Agent0028 is correct, this isn't an "official" Sideshow forum... yes, they occasionally come in and answer questions when they can, but they are under no obligation to answer anything here. And, it has been stated many times on this board, if you have a customer service issue or question, you need to ask it through Sideshow's own web site and Customer Service form, not here.

Well at least it serves as a warning to other members to not buy products that Are suspicious of FAIL...

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't post in the thread... this is good information that Sideshow needs to know... just don't expect a response here...

Agent0028 is correct, this isn't an "official" Sideshow forum... yes, they occasionally come in and answer questions when they can, but they are under no obligation to answer anything here. And, it has been stated many times on this board, if you have a customer service issue or question, you need to ask it through Sideshow's own web site and Customer Service form, not here.

This is why I emailed them.

Well at least it serves as a warning to other members to not buy products that Are suspicious of FAIL...

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I doubt Sideshow would allow me to post a review warning people not to order the Darkness bust, so this is the next best place to do it.

I've had a few of these issues myself. The worst was on my Hellboy Samaritan 1:1. Sideshow sent me a replacement when i showed them how entire sections of paint were flaked off but then they turned around and lectured me on how the items are not toys and should not be played with. The darn thing came straight out of the box and went into my display case. Now my iron man 1:1 scale and Robocop exclusive pf have started. This sucks!!!!!

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't post in the thread... this is good information that Sideshow needs to know... just don't expect a response here...

Hell, I just want a response to the e-mail I sent them Sunday night with pictures and everything....still waiting...

I've had a few of these issues myself. The worst was on my Hellboy Samaritan 1:1. Sideshow sent me a replacement when i showed them how entire sections of paint were flaked off but then they turned around and lectured me on how the items are not toys and should not be played with. The darn thing came straight out of the box and went into my display case. Now my iron man 1:1 scale and Robocop exclusive pf have started. This sucks!!!!!

Iron Man 1:1 was plagued from the beginning but that is really sad about robocop. I hope you can work it out.

Maybe Sideshow should start offering warranties with their products :monkey4

be good if SSC at least offered some sort of repair service for paint issue's. They told me I'd have to do these myself because of the amount of time I'd had them. I've done model work in the past and I am quite competent with paint but I love my SSC stuff and want it to be in original condition, or as close as can be! seems all they would need to do on things like the Iron Man bust is apply a laquer (would have also given the final finish a more metallic look. Guess that would have cost them an extra five bucks per bust though, don't wanna push up the price too much on a 700 buck item!

be good if SSC at least offered some sort of repair service for paint issue's. They told me I'd have to do these myself because of the amount of time I'd had them. I've done model work in the past and I am quite competent with paint but I love my SSC stuff and want it to be in original condition, or as close as can be! seems all they would need to do on things like the Iron Man bust is apply a laquer (would have also given the final finish a more metallic look. Guess that would have cost them an extra five bucks per bust though, don't wanna push up the price too much on a 700 buck item!

Epic

Fail

so now I need to go check my Samaritan too? :banghead

and the Robocop PF is flaking .... WTF ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back