Statue Sideshow-Weta Amon Hen Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty sweet! I love the environment line and glad it's continuing with Weta.

Thanks!! Fairly happy with the pics today.

I regret having sold it while back. Need to get another one. The colors are much better in person.

It's pretty cool. I never had this one before but I was able to get it for a nice deal from a fellow freak. Yeah, the sunlight did kill the color of the grass a bit but the photos came out nice all the same.

Congrats Josh! I have actually scored this recently, and it's on its way! :yess: I see you're really starting to build your collection up again Josh! :hi5: Good on ya mate! I've seen you post several SSW statues quite recently.

Thank ya sir. :duff Nice! Yeah, starting to get things back to how they were. :rock really just love seeing so much Middle-earth in my collection again. I have added a few. Got a few more things on the way from eBay and several items I got for a great deal from a freak. Plus my Red Book should be here during the summer. :rock

Seems like after BD came out some of the prices on ebay for environments leveled out, or at leased dipped slightly.
Some, not all. Which is not a bad thing necessarily...
I wonder what Weta will put out next?
Hopefully without the BD price tag. :thud:

Leveling out for sellers probably isn't a good thing but for buyers it is. :lol My guess is something from The Hobbit.

I´m not a big fan of environments but when I saw Rivendell I was astonished...I always wonder why price for some environments are so high...

I love enviornments. Its bringing that place into my collection and thinking of the moments that take place there be it in the book or in the movies.

I´m not a big fan of environments but when I saw Rivendell I was astonished...I always wonder why price for some environments are so high...

You need to appreciate the rise in the Chinese economy over the past 12 years since they started producing the LOTR stuff.

Rivendell is exquisite (looking at mine right now) and far more detailed and much larger than anything that was produced in Sideshow Weta days and over half a dozen years down the line would justify the rise in price on this piece at least.

Looking at the Barad-dur and the detail is at least twice that of Rivendell and much more reliably produced with hardly any faults on pieces received by collectors. Mine is beautiful in a macabre sort of way.

All that taken into account and the Orthanc (pre-ruin) is very reasonably priced and very intricate but simple at the same time.

I for one think the price points for each of these have been vilified in sales numbers. And, as a collector I have been very willing to pay for them.

I love enviornments. Its bringing that place into my collection and thinking of the moments that take place there be it in the book or in the movies.

Well of course it can be nice addition to any LOTR collection but I just think some of environments simply lack of details in comparisson with statues and e.g. dioramas. Rivendell and Barad - Dur is surely a different story and I like the level of detalied work on these two

Congratz...it's a very good piece

Well of course it can be nice addition to any LOTR collection but I just think some of environments simply lack of details in comparisson with statues and e.g. dioramas. Rivendell and Barad - Dur is surely a different story and I like the level of detalied work on these two

I guess. I can't say I agree with that.

I disagree as well.... i have EVERY environment made and the level of detail is amazing. I didn't find the dioramas as detailed.
You can get an environment of the whole of Moria, now that's detailed!

Maybe Dol Guldur?

I like this environment, but I never noticed the sfinx-like creatures...what the .... are they doing there??

Back