Sideshow: Update the Vader pictures, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Which arm seems to be the gripe? :dunno Still not a big fan of the fishing pose in general. :\

Which arm seems to be the gripe?

His left arm is what looks strange to me. It is way too far extended from his body. Also, he has a left-handed grip, which seems a bit strange.

Makes senses, I suppose that doesn't look completely right. :dunno

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4412 (1).JPG
    IMG_4412 (1).JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 15

ROFL

Now that you mention it it looks more like a snake coming out of his baody then an arm.

Jesse

That awful pose ruined what would have been an awesome figure. It's a shame.

And why switch materials mid-glove? Just make the entire glove all plastic/poly or whatever.

The Vader is getting much better now. But I think it needs improvement on the helmet.

Check this image from ANH original helmet.
anhvadr.jpg

This are the points I think would help improve the helmet a great deal:

1. The widows peak in the helmet. I don't know if it is because of the pics resolution but doesn't look pointy.

2. The helmet sides. Should be much shorter. If draw a line going from tusk to tusk (the metallic things) the lower peak of the helmet side is above that line, not below.

3. Placement of the helmet. The helmet or dome should sit lower on the face mask. The widows peak angle is right were the firts of the 3 indent on the "nose". Also the dome brows should line up perfectly with the ones on the face mask.

4. Cheeks. They should be a tad smaller. Also they are not symmetrical. The left one kind of points up at is outer upper angle and the right one down.

Lastly, the right tusk should be black or weathered silver.

PLEASE Sideshow take care of this so we can have a perfect Vader!!!!

Regards

I have no complaints about the helmet anymore. I think it looks just right.

The pose itself, while a bit inactive doesn't bother me. It is the duel scene between him and obi wan.

The left arm does look strange, but I think what bothers me most (and this may be been required due to the wiring) but he is riding that saber a bit high in his hands isn't he?

what bothers me most (and this may be been required due to the wiring) but he is riding that saber a bit high in his hands isn't he?

I don't think this is required due to the wiring, since Obi-Wan's grip is not on the top of his saber.

The right hand should be at the top of the saber.
The helmit is better but the arm position looks
wrong as folks have pointed out.

I think this is one of the nicest looking Vaders around but man talk about getting picked apart. :thud

My God that is a beautiful statue. I love my GG Vader, and the Attakus Vader's, but this one is going to be the pinnacle of Vader statue's. :rock

I think this is one of the nicest looking Vaders around but man talk about getting picked apart.

If we didn't pick statues apart then what would we ever talk about? ;)

Seriously, I think this is my favorite Vader piece of all. Attakus #1 is the best pure statue, but this is bigger and I'm actually starting to prefer mixed-media over poly-only statues. The Sideshow 1/4 and Cinemaquette pieces have changed my views on what I think is right for my collection.

Back