Sideshow Universal Monsters return late 2010...Nosferatu?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le Fantome

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Is today's reveal a Nosferatu piece in LSB (or something else), instead of Jason?

- He made an appearance in 3 different Mort comic strips - every SS character that has appeared in the Mort strips is either already available or released during Spooktacular.

- The Mistress mentioned something along the lines of "an old friend will return from the dead, but in a new form - beware the night!"

And....here is something from an Ask Sideshow from months ago....

Monday, March 29th, 2010
Is a Son of Frankenstein Silver Screen Edition in the works?

With regards to Universal Monsters at large…it’s been long understood that it’s been a Sideshow staple and you can expect and exciting resurrection of that in late 2010. Son of Frank – duly noted.

Looks like you're onto something. Nothing is pointing at Jason for todays release, so you're probably right.

Looks like you're onto something. Nothing is pointing at Jason for todays release, so you're probably right.

Were you really looking forward to a Jason PF as well? I was seriously hoping for him, but Nosferatu (or any other classic horror) would be totally welcomed and would be the only thing that would still equal a win. I noticed that the Mistress no longer has the "old friend returns in new form/beware the night" line, nor the "stick around all day on Halloween - I have a hunch" thing (or something like that). Could also mean Nosferatu, being that he is hunched over. Hunchback item would be quite a longshot.

My guess would be a 1/5 scale Nosferatu comiquette.

Yes! My mind was blank earlier...that was the other format. And being that "exciting" was mentioned, that may make more sense. "Monstequettes" or "Monsterquettes" might work. :)

Were you really looking forward to a Jason PF as well?

"Looking forward" is an understantment to say the least! I know its coming no matter what, but not seeing and ordering it during Spook makes me want to vomit in the mouth of the doucher that decided now wasnt the best time.

I'd like to see ANY classic monsters release at this point; although I think Nosferatu is not a strong start to a new line. The dio line was awesome, but the first piece was also from a film beyond the true original classics. There were many other classic scenes I would have rather had in dio form than Wolfman vs Frank. Then the line ended abruptly... even though every dio sold out right away and went up in value in the aftermarket.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mI75kzO8_zs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mI75kzO8_zs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No jason pf equals epic fail on sideshows part how hard can it be to make it for preorder today. The people have spoken know give them what they want we are the ones that are going to be spending the money on this stuff.

I think we Deserve something Universal. No Disrespect to The Jason and Freddy and Slasher Fans, I know you get just as stoked about your favorites and I do my Universal Monsters. But I myself have had just about enough of the zombies the blood and guts stuff. Sideshow looks like a meat market. If this offends anyone sorry but I'm welcome to my own opinion.

As far as I know the original Nosferatu from 1922 is in public domain due to Bram Stoker's widow having the movie banned and most prints destroyed after the movies release, plus none of the original movie creators have any surviving relatives. So it doesn't really belong to anybody.

That said, anything with Max Shreck is deeply appreciated and it's about time!

Besides didn't modern horror fans get enough with friday's releases? :D

Could be. Is Nosferatu a Universal property now, though?

As far as I know the original Nosferatu from 1922 is in public domain....

Of course. I mentioned him in the same breath as the Uni-Monsters, as I think it's pretty obvious that many SS collectors tend to include Nosferatu (Orlok) into the Uni-Monsters 12" and 1:1 bust family - in spirit and in their displays.

I'd like to see ANY classic monsters release at this point; although I think Nosferatu is not a strong start to a new line. The dio line was awesome, but the first piece was also from a film beyond the true original classics. There were many other classic scenes I would have rather had in dio form than Wolfman vs Frank. Then the line ended abruptly... even though every dio sold out right away and went up in value in the aftermarket.

Hey, sure he is!

I would've loved to have seen a dio of Orlok rising up from Ellen after biting her on the neck or with him standing on the ship of death!

Back