Sideshow the frauds ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks as if I won't be getting my thing!.
I just spoke to a guy who said the company I am buying this from ( sideshow ) is actully ranked as one of the high fraud sites !.
And with this bank I can never buy via sideshow which means all y pre orders are useless including the exclusive indy. Talk about bull++++ , this has annoyed me to the max.

switch banks bro.............thats all the advice i can give you right now. which does a fat lot of good for your missed thing :monkey2 but ......future purchases.......:confused:

yeah I guess so , gonna be a lot of hassle though.
I feel I should of been told all this crap before hand.
Thanks for the help guys.

yeah I guess so , gonna be a lot of hassle though.
I feel I should of been told all this crap before hand.
Thanks for the help guys.

good luck man & hope things work out for you one way or another.

I just can't believe that you've never ordered from SSC til know. That's pretty good or bad.... I don't know. But screw British banks. My buddy Mike lives here in the states now and they screwed him a bunch of time when he still had a bank back in Bristol. He eventually had to get one here to get rid of all the problems.

If your bank isthat f'ed just ditch them. You won't loose any of your Sideshow pre orders. Once you have switched banks, just call Sideshow and change your credit card information. I have switched banks a few times and have never had any prob with it on Sideshows side.

You definitely need to ditch that bank!!

or open another account at a bank that works and just use it for sideshow purchases. helps you manage your collectibles purchasing better too. i have 4 accounts at 2 different banks.:google

Some do that if you spend a certin amount in certin time. My wife and I went shoping and she bought about $200 worth of stuf at 3 stores in about 30 minutes then we went to get a new vaccume and the card was declined.. she called them up and they put the account on hold because of too frequent spending.

Damm, thats crazy you must never use your card.

Thats messed up, Ive heard horror stories about the Alliance and leicester though.

Definately change banks, i know it will be a hassle but it will be worth it to keep all your Sideshow orders.

Hope it all works out for you pal :duff
x :D

its is all for your protection but it can be a pain at times as madden stated..........a day of shopping & hitting stores close together can get a decline.......its happened to me as well but i was able to get a hold of my cc company and verified that it was me doing the buying and it went thru. but ive never really heard of a company getting outright declined. strange things are afoot at the circle k. :lol

I've had my account frozen for security reasons, because of too many charges coming from Sideshow on the same day, at least four different times!!! I have to call and answer a few questions, affirm the charges are legit, etc. and then they unfreeze the account. They always say it is suspicious activity, and even though I tell them that I get a lot of charges from Sideshow and that they are safe, it still happens occasionally when too many charges come through at the same time... and this is usually around events like Spooktacular, SDCC, etc. :lol

Security can be a pain, but its better than none at all.

Before we were married my wife dropped her CC or left it in the gas station or something and some thieves found it and within the day they had charged like $1000 at various places and the CC company was none the wiser until my she realized she lost it.

It was a pain in the arse trying to rectify it.

Ouch. Good luck in getting it fixed. If you call Sideshow they can probably still salvage your pre-orders. Maybe they can put you down as paying with a money order (I think that's an option anyways) until you can switch banks or get a new card or something. Good luck.

Since the thing is exactly flying off the shelves I'm not too worried.
I have since realized according to a ++++ I was basically , no wait , who I was arguing with on the phone that Alliance and Leicester can never buy off sideshow collectibles. I phoned the Natwest bank today and apparently they can pay direct to anyone , its up to the customer and if fraud is committed then they deal with it. I am going over to them tomorrow to request a card. Once it comes I will then change my bank details on sideshow thus keeping my pre order's including the Indiana Jones 12" exclusive :lol.
I was really stressed realizing all this crap yesterday but after a few hours of sorting it out everything should hopefully be ok.
Don't let this put anyone off ordering direct from sideshow's site as this has nothing to do with them. So if you are with Alliance and Leicester you have been warned guys. Thanks for all the comments and help.
Cheers , Tay.

I am still wondering though , I wonder why sideshow are on their fraud list in the first place ? :confused:

I wonder if a bank customer did a bunch of charge backs and the bank decided this site was a fraudulent one.

Definitely drop Sideshow customer service an email with the details of the bank - full name, address, phone #. I'm betting there's something awry on the banks' end and got Sideshow mixed up with a different company.

Definitely drop Sideshow customer service an email with the details of the bank - full name, address, phone #. I'm betting there's something awry on the banks' end and got Sideshow mixed up with a different company.

I could not agree with Dave more. I've ordered so many things from Sideshow and never once had a problem nor heard crazy stuff like that.

just sent them a letter informing them.
I will see if they reply and let you guys know , its a very popular bank on this side of the pond so they could be losing alot of customers!.

Like most banks i think Alliance and Leicester need to have a good long look at themselves,im sure they wont.Good luck with it all uscmhicks im sure it will all be :cool:

Back