Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought many of the photos you used had flash lighting and thus washed out much of the detail.

I agree, a flash can wash out the details but I have seen this in person and it pretty much looked as bad as the pics I posted despite the flash. Nevertheless, like I said before, I only chose those pics because I was trying to get pics on the same angles as the repaint. However, if u look at my pics again half of them are not taken with the flash anyway.

I am not trying to convince myself. I really loved the piece. I sold it to make room for the T1 Terminator. But perhaps I got a better then average paint apps on mine.

Ok let's look at your post, to see why I assumed that.

Page 55.

Of course I sold it long ago so perhaps I was not all that impressed either. :)

You are pretty much admitting there that maybe you didn't think it was that great and hence why u sold it.

Page 66.

Now just dug out this photo. I can see what you mean as far as a lack of shading and detail. Of course I remember his lips and eyes looking much more detailed in person.

IMO I Still think it looks fine.

Now you have said you think it looks fine but that still wasn't enough to try and prove that it is. So what do you do in your second post, you try and find more pics because although u think it is fine you wanted to look for some professional pics to try and make it look good.

Also, some of those photos you found are the most unflattering I have seen. Which is a little unfair.
Here are some good ones.

But In will admit that SS has come a ways since they produced it.

11.jpg

114.jpg

t800a-1.jpg

The dark lighting and the shadows are hiding the horrible paint job it has. That being said JAWS, if you like it that is fine, I was only posting these pics via request by Robbo, because he wanted to see the difference. I am not posting these to convince anyone, it is obvious to me that is sucks, as I saw it in real life and thought it sucked but if you and most people are fine with it then I am happy for you all. :)

Maybe next time I will just PM someone the pics, if they want comparison ones.:dunno

Last edited:
I agree, a flash can wash out the details but I have seen this in person and it pretty much looked as bad as the pics I posted despite the flash. Nevertheless, like I said before, I only chose those pics because I was trying to get pics on the same angles as the repaint. However, if u look at my pics again half of them are not taken with the flash anyway.

Thing is must of the photos you posted looked washed out. Perhaps it was the paint or the bad photo I don't know.

Ok let's look at your post, to see why I assumed that.

Page 55.

It was my way of being civil and not just saying "your wrong"! It was an attempt at levity since we are discussing opinions and I did not want to come across as saying "I'm right so there"

You are pretty much admitting there that maybe you didn't think it was that great and hence why u sold it.

Page 66.

Same thing I posted above.

Now you have said you think it looks fine but that still wasn't enough to try and prove that it is. So what do you do in your second post, you try and find more pics because although u think it is fine you wanted to look for some professional pics to try and make it look good.

No. I posted the better pics to offset the awful ones you posted. That was all. In all honesty In my photos and the pro photos, I think it looks great. Not that much worse then you custom. Your custom is nice... Very nice. It is leaps and bounds better then the photos you posted but not that huge of a step up of the ones I did, IMO of course.

In all honesty I think the "pro photos" don't look all that different from mine. I also would not call the third photo I posted as Professional.

The dark lighting and the shadows are hiding the horrible paint job it has. That being said JAWS, if you like it that is fine, I was only posting these pics via request by Robbo, because he wanted to see the difference. I am not posting these to convince anyone, it is obvious to me that is sucks, as I saw it in real life and thought it sucked but if you and most people are fine with it then I am happy for you all. :)

Maybe next time I will just PM someone the pics, if they want comparison ones.:dunno

I have no problems with you posting the photos. I love a little bit of debate. Don't take it personally. It's just fun. I thought the photos you posted looked nothing like the item I owned at one time. You then posted what was pretty great looking (good lighting) photos of you ex.

I liked the T2 and thought it was fine. Even his skinniness. It's An Item I would still own if I was not a bigger fan of the original Terminator film.

Of course I ended up selling the T1 also. I am hopping for a Tech Noir version. That is my fav incarnation of the Terminator. Personally I am bored of the Leather look.

tumblr_l37wt1aNEF1qatpa7

Last edited:
Off topic Jaws but did you ever sell your NTT? I messaged them on twitter and they told me that a new 3 ft bruce is being released soon.

Off topic Jaws but did you ever sell your NTT? I messaged them on twitter and they told me that a new 3 ft bruce is being released soon.

Yep! Waiting for the new one. I miss my old NTT but I still have the smaller 24" one. I can't wait to see what he did for this new version.

The Original NTT was very nice but not without it's faults. Faults I probably would have never noticed until he made the 24" version and I could see them side by side. To put it simply, he just got better with practice. I expect his new one to be the end all be all of Bruce items.

Yep! Waiting for the new one. I miss my old NTT but I still have the smaller 24" one. I can't wait to see what he did for this new version.

The Original NTT was very nice but not without it's faults. Faults I probably would have never noticed until he made the 24" version and I could see them side by side. To put it simply, he just got better with practice. I expect his new one to be the end all be all of Bruce items.

Nice one I think I'll definitely go for this one, kicking myself that I missed out on the original.

Thing is must of the photos you posted looked washed out. Perhaps it was the paint or the bad photo I don't know.

Yeah who knows, I agree some looked a bit too bright.

It was my way of being civil and not just saying "your wrong"! It was an attempt at levity since we are discussing opinions and I did not want to come across as saying "I'm right so there"

Oh ok it didn't come across that way, it sounded like you were doubted your self and then went looking for other pics to put your mind at ease.

No. I posted the better pics to offset the awful ones you posted. That was all. In all honesty In my photos and the pro photos, I think it looks great.

I don't know, here is a pic of the photo you thought looked fine.

and here are some of the ones I posted.

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

Both have the similar lighting and no flash, and look similar to your one IMO.

Not that much worse then you custom. Your custom is nice... Very nice. It is leaps and bounds better then the photos you posted but not that huge of a step up of the ones I did, IMO of course.

It's not my custom.

In all honesty I think the "pro photos" don't look all that different from mine. I also would not call the third photo I posted as Professional.

I don't know about professional, but the person behind the camera seems to know what he is doing to make the paint job appear better than it is, by creating shadows etc.

I have no problems with you posting the photos. I love a little bit of debate. Don't take it personally. It's just fun. I thought the photos you posted looked nothing like the item I owned at one time. You then posted what was pretty great looking (good lighting) photos of you ex.

Actually I was the one that was worried you took it personally, as I didn't. I was just trying to make one thing clear that I posted pics via request and was not trolling here to convince people that everyone should think like me.

I liked the T2 and thought it was fine. Even his skinniness. It's An Item I would still own if I was not a bigger fan of the original Terminator film.

Yeah a lot of people hated how skinny it was.

Of course I ended up selling the T1 also. I am hopping for a Tech Noir version. That is my fav incarnation of the Terminator. Personally I am bored of the Leather look.

tumblr_l37wt1aNEF1qatpa7

Yeah that would be an awesome PF. :yess:

What are we arguing here anyway? The paint apps could be better yes the sculpt is dead nuts Arnold bottom line. I have 3 of them that I am looking at now Lol all of them where pretty even paint wise. Sculpt IMO is better than EB or Hot Toys.

What are we arguing here anyway? The paint apps could be better yes the sculpt is dead nuts Arnold bottom line. I have 3 of them that I am looking at now Lol all of them where pretty even paint wise. Sculpt IMO is better than EB or Hot Toys.

Yeah they are all pretty much the same, paint wise and for me u can obviously tell it is Arnold. Wait a second you own three of them? :huh

Actually I was the one that was worried you took it personally, as I didn't. I was just trying to make one thing clear that I posted pics via request and was not trolling here to convince people that everyone should think like me.

thats exactly what u have been doing...even in other forums where u use your other persona called "darkgod"...
u don't need to keep quoting everyone that thinks different from you,...
u looks like an insecure person,..u even contradicted yourself many times,..
in other forums u say u like staues better,..here u say u like figures better,...a case of double personality???? :cuckoo:

thats exactly what u have been doing...even in other forums where u use your other persona called "darkgod"...
u don't need to keep quoting everyone that thinks different from you,...
u looks like an insecure person,..u even contradicted yourself many times,..
in other forums u say u like staues better,..here u say u like figures better,...a case of double personality???? :cuckoo:

How am I trolling? I even said at the beginning that I agreed with JAWS that this statue was better than the EBs head sculpt but I got flamed for saying that. So now I thought well maybe they are equal. If you read the thread you will see I am not trying to convince anyone of anything just wish SS had better paint jobs and showed some repaints.

Then after I showed some pics of the repaints one person wanted me to show some comparison pics of the factory painted T2 so I did. That's all there is to it. I am not arguing with JAWS I am just discussing with him.

Why are you so fascinated with me that you have search every forum to try and find someone who some how things or says the same stuff I say and you assume it is me? You say I am insecure but you are a dam stalker. I don't even collect statues except I have one Jason PF.

Last edited:
and i like this statue, btw,... the proportions r better than enterbay's figure,...

I never put the statue down and I agree I think it is good statue, don't like the pose though. Anyway thanks to you once again, i am not gong to post in this thread at least anymore. Since you keep following me.

We get you're not the biggest fan of the paintjob on PFs.

No need to keep repeating yourself over and over. Back to the dolly threads from whence you came heathen! :lol

Well I think it looks clearly better but you tell me.

Not great comparison shots but best I could find.

Stock paint.

j5bl2g.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

SideshowT800002.jpg

repaint

127_55922_7550a7637a571be.jpg

127_55922_dfc8349739bfdef.jpg

127_55922_c08ca939ffc759a.jpg

127_55922_a37abccd7ff9ea1.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics Darkavatar...i can see seome subtle changes on the repaint to give it a notably more realistic look. Like a few have mentioned already in regards to the original T2 PF by Sideshow, i did't really notice a problem in the paint apps :dunno similar to the Dutch PF. I though the paint apps were as good as they were going to be in my opinion...

I think it was mentioned by Jaws in an earlier post where he mentioned that the Enterbay headsculpts are far more realistic that what you'd see on PF headsculpt...i completely agree with. With that said, i still think that by painting on polystone you are always going to limit yourself as to how detailed and realistic it will turn out when compared to the plastic material which companies like Hot Toys and Enterbay use to achieve that high level of detail. I'm pretty sure that both types have their advantages/disadvantages. Its down to what works best for you and how you'd like your character to look.

Thanks for the comparison pics Darkavatar...i can see seome subtle changes on the repaint to give it a notably more realistic look. Like a few have mentioned already in regards to the original T2 PF by Sideshow, i did't really notice a problem in the paint apps :dunno similar to the Dutch PF. I though the paint apps were as good as they were going to be in my opinion...

I think it was mentioned by Jaws in an earlier post where he mentioned that the Enterbay headsculpts are far more realistic that what you'd see on PF headsculpt...i completely agree with. With that said, i still think that by painting on polystone you are always going to limit yourself as to how detailed and realistic it will turn out when compared to the plastic material which companies like Hot Toys and Enterbay use to achieve that high level of detail. I'm pretty sure that both types have their advantages/disadvantages. Its down to what works best for you and how you'd like your character to look.

Your welcome but I am done posting here, those pics were just for you and not to upset people here or cause an argument. I am doing what Irvy said and going back to my Dolly threads where I belong.

Bye everyone. :wave

Just like to say I had no issue with darkavatar and his posts. I enjoy some good back and forth. I did not agree with him at all about the paint but I felt he was making good points and going out of his way to not be offensive.

In the end I know it's a bit silly to have these discussions since all about opinion anyways.... But Darn it, it's fun :)

Back