Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great but, after seeing the picture with the apple, it seems much too small for the price.

Just cancelled my EX. I'm sure the one who will get the conversion will appreciate it more than me.

People must be cancelling these in drones if that sideshow waitlist status bar is accurate. My position on the waitlist jumped significantly.

i never received any request for payment...

and this is why:

"We are receiving a very small batch in, so if you did not receive a processing e-mail, yours will unfortunately ill not be in that batch."

yeah there may be some hope for some... as i was told that from CS when i inquired about not receiving a payment request. but then 2 hours later i got a charge notice? and then 10 min ago, i got the same email for the charge notice again. so since lunch was told i wasn't receiving mine this round, then to receiving 2 charge notices! go figure?!:dunno

yeah there may be some hope for some... as i was told that from CS when i inquired about not receiving a payment request. but then 2 hours later i got a charge notice? and then 10 min ago, i got the same email for the charge notice again. so since lunch was told i wasn't receiving mine this round, then to receiving 2 charge notices! go figure?!:dunno

You can't trust them half of the time. :lol

I just got my notice. Shipping on Wednesday.

Well that ****ing sucks for me.

No it doesn't because I ended up getting the processing email. :rock

...and yeah, I quoted myself

tenor.gif

I think I may cancel mine... The detail has been lost on the top of his head is almost completely smooth compared to the pre-production photos. The shading isn't as good either:
tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-09.jpgteenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-leonardo-statue-200466-09.jpg

Also, what happened to the visible skin around the eyes? Even his eyelids are blue now.

Well, 1 more of each turtle just became available. It sucks I lost the down payment for each, but lesson learned.

I think I may cancel mine... The detail has been lost on the top of his head is almost completely smooth compared to the pre-production photos. The shading isn't as good either:
View attachment 348463View attachment 348464

i don't know that it is smooth as much as not as weathered as the original...

you can still see the detail, just looks like its missing some of the black wash.

also you can see the detail on his chest shell is a little more sloppy. the black spots on the shell look air brushed on the proto, looks paint brush swiped on the final...

tmnt-leonardo-statue-200466-10.jpg

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-leonardo-statue-200466-10.jpg

I'm hoping most of the differences are just a simple problem with lighting... But we all know how well SS is at delivering paint applications that match prototypes... Cough, Apocalypse PF, cough cough...

I'm hoping most of the differences are just a simple problem with lighting... But we all know how well SS is at delivering paint applications that match prototypes... Cough, Apocalypse PF, cough cough...

well the eyes are def not lighting... they are 100% missing paint.

and the chest is clearly a sloppy paint brush vs. detailed w/ an airbrush on the black marks.

also you can see the better paint work on the exclusive head vs. the stock... so the detail is there, just not done very well. as well as the eyes aren't missing the paint!

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-leonardo-statue-2004661-01.jpg

Yeah, it's too big of a gamble for me to hope that mine got painted skin around the eyes, a better wash for the details, etc. And I was very much looking forward to these. Maybe my expectations were just too high.

well the eyes are def not lighting... they are 100% missing paint.

and the chest is clearly a sloppy paint brush vs. detailed w/ an airbrush on the black marks.

also you can see the better paint work on the exclusive head vs. the stock... so the detail is there, just not done very well. as well as the eyes aren't missing the paint!

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-leonardo-statue-2004661-01.jpg

Yeah, it's too big of a gamble for me to hope that mine got painted skin around the eyes, a better wash for the details, etc. And I was very much looking forward to these. Maybe my expectations were just too high.

no i wouldn't say your expectation is high... honestly missing paint on the eyes is really a major screw up!! not to mention how crappy that black looks on the chest. final parts in hand will settle the score, but if that's the final, then they have screwed up a couple things that are very disappointing to me!

Back