Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So apparently someone had a phone conversation with SS support and they said this line is 1/6, not 1/5. It this is true I'm very likely to cancel the whole set.

If you have a whole set of EX you will make some people very happy waiting for conversions ... but if you took a look at the size comparisons and read the dimensions you should already have an idea of what to expect?

These are a little smaller then the old school com's.

From what I remember reading from Sideshow, these are smaller than 1/5, more closer to 1/6 in size.

Guess we will have to wait for inhand pictures. Still, if they are a little smaller than full 1/5 scale it might be easier to display the full set.

I'm no scale expert, and I know this measurement also takes the base into account, but he looks closer to 1/5 to me. Consider the fact he's hunched over, one knee on the base, the other knee at a 90 degree angle. Just my opinion.
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 3.29.09 PM.jpg

If you have a whole set of EX you will make some people very happy waiting for conversions ... but if you took a look at the size comparisons and read the dimensions you should already have an idea of what to expect?

These are a little smaller then the old school com's.

I do have the whole EX set POed. Leo almost paid for. And although they indeed look smaller than the old comiquettes, SS had said somewhere a while ago they were still 1/5 scale. If it's something inbetween then I should rethink whether I'm keeping this set :/

I'm no scale expert, and I know this measurement also takes the base into account, but he looks closer to 1/5 to me. Consider the fact he's hunched over, one knee on the base, the other knee at a 90 degree angle. Just my opinion.
View attachment 343863

Plus the turtles are shorter than men, so at 1/5 scale they should be on the small side.

Igo said it's 1/5ish, I guess it's between 1/6 & 1/5 obviously smaller than the comiquettes. The scale was never confirmed on their website. I dont understand why didnt they make it true 1/5 scale to begin with.

Given nobody knows the life size of these turtles, Sideshow can actually say whatever they want as far as the scale goes.

If one wants to really have a good argument - it could be argued that these are, in fact, life size turtles that made little weapons for themselves and learned to walk upright. SS says we're getting 1/6, I say we're getting life-sized. I'm right, SS is wrong. Game over. Moving on. :pfft:

Strange, it's going to ship the same day as the 90's TMNT set. 5 statues all at once will hit me if that is the case o_O!

Last flex pay on Leonardo got delayed until 6/25

I can't remember, but do FlexPay orders ship out on the same day as one-time pay customers or is there a delay?

Basically, I'm wanting to know if I should pay off the items early to get them in-hand quicker. That way if I have a QC problem, I can file quicker.

I tried flexpay once and my statue did ship later since the last payment was scheduled after the item started shipping. Maybe a week later than the full payers.

Back