Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the next PO should be sent to people who secured both Leo & Mikey EXs :lecture

What's the point? People will once again sneak in orders. With each turtle release, less and less people that ordered original Leo EX will be able to complete the set.

What's the point? People will once again sneak in orders. With each turtle release, less and less people that ordered original Leo EX will be able to complete the set.

They can order the Reg No? Leo is still available as far as I'm aware

the point is the list will be shorter this time (and the last turtle invite will be sent to whoever secured the 3 EXs). This invite wasn't well organized IMHO, there was a glitch and it seems it was sent to more than 500 in the first place. It has to be done right next time otherwise it will cause more disappointment.

What's the point if you get 3 red bandanas and get screwed on the 4th because people ordered when they shouldn't have been able to

Oh man lol Life's tough sometimes Ink

I'm done here.

Enjoy your statues everyone.

Sure call me what you want.

But I can't agree with specific people being entitled/guaraneteed to receive the Exclusive. It leaves fans like myself, others new to the hobby and those that may like a specific character out to dry.

They can order the Reg No? Leo is still available as far as I'm aware

Sure call me what you want.

But I can't agree with specific people being entitled/guaraneteed to receive the Exclusive. It leaves fans like myself, others new to the hobby and those that may like a specific character out to dry.

You can order the regular after everyone who wants to complete the EX set gets theirs first... no?

Oh, because life is tough sometimes.

Honestly it works both ways and there's no need to bicker amongst ourselves. Whether or not you agree with this email invite method or not, this is how SS is going about it and you're going to live with it or find a way around it.

Everyone feels entitled to the piece it's like the pot to calling the kettle black, hardcore fans believed they were screwed and entitled to it because they really really really wanted this piece, but others feel entitled because they already bought into the set. In my opinion, people that bought into the set since the beginning should be allowed to order first, whether it be a special link, email or right after checkout. This email invite thing was a little buggy, but they fixed it and they'll probably make it better for the next time.

It wasn't as fun as it sounds

Oh **** yeah the stress was real and the refresh button pressing was intense!!! LMAO

Oh I'm fully aware. I've only been on the boards for 5 years but I've been buying sideshow stuff since 2006. But while it could suck, there was definite excitement when ex's could sell out in minutes and people were refreshing the front page every 5 seconds. I remember getting the gambit exclusive premium format when he sold out super quick only to cancel him 2 months later.

see the email said "As a dedicated collector of Sideshow’s original take on TMNT we want to give you a heads up to be watching out for an exclusive email invite from us this Wednesday, so grab a slice of pizza and get ready to party!"

"heads up to be watching out" - I took that as a potential email that you 'might' get personally

Wow haha - :panic:

The link actually wasn't gated by any invitation so whoever had the link could order it. So in a sense they kind of had a work around but what do I know

:panic:

I got the invite 2 hours after I placed my order. Where does it say I'm entitled to anything?

you had 14 hrs boo ****ing hoo people placed their orders at or in the same vicinity as you? I guess we should flog those that cancel their orders due to circumstances outside their control..

crymeariver_zps9ngh7uxv.png

cry me a river.

The anger is real.

I think he's saying people that wouldn't have gotten the invite or weren't eligible.

I did not get my invite until much later.

Back