Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...I was really on board, but Donnie's skinny legs are really distracting. I love everything else about these statues, but those chicken legs are really off-putting, to the point to where I'm reconsidering getting these statues.

Man...I was really on board, but Donnie's skinny legs are really distracting. I love everything else about these statues, but those chicken legs are really off-putting, to the point to where I'm reconsidering getting these statues.

His leg is stretched out - anything stretched is going to look a little smaller.

Thank God I don't have the "overly critical" gene.

This 100%.

For sake of argument lets say the legs are skinny and funny looking. I've seen people with freaky spindly chicken legs before and legs so large each leg was bigger then the persons entire waist. If anything it gives more credit to the sculpts not conforming all 4 to similar bodies and give them variety.

Donnie has basically been depicted as taller and leaner than the others in most of the newer depictions. The bay films, the nick cartoon and even the IDW comic. I see no issue with making them physically diffevent.

Physically different is a good thing. Sets them apart as 4 separate individuals, it's not like they're identical quadruplets. To me, the differences mean the designers spent time in making them unique in their own way.

Donnie has basically been depicted as taller and leaner than the others in most of the newer depictions. The bay films, the nick cartoon and even the IDW comic. I see no issue with making them physically diffevent.

It shouldn't be an issue, for those reasons you mentioned, and it shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

But it do.

It sticks out like a sore thumb. I tried to give it time for it to grow on me, like Leo did. Tried to see it from other angles by watching vids of the display. But I can't warm up to it. So that means no Donnie for me, and if I can't one, I'm not getting all 4.

Sorry, guys.

It shouldn't be an issue, for those reasons you mentioned, and it shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

But it do.

It sticks out like a sore thumb. I tried to give it time for it to grow on me, like Leo did. Tried to see it from other angles by watching vids of the display. But I can't warm up to it. So that means no Donnie for me, and if I can't one, I'm not getting all 4.

Sorry, guys.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you tried from other angles, then at least you tried. It's too bad you can't unsee it, because I think you're going to be missing out on some very nice pieces when it's all said and done.

Yeah and who knows. It may look a lot better in person. Because that never happens. :lol

Yep, I can't unsee the state of my bank account so no Donatello for me either!!

I know right? I still don't know what the hell in thinking going after this set.

Well.....

1. $350 is pretty incredible considering the old set was $200 a pop at the same scale and the detail on these is much much higher

2. The Ex is only what 350, 450?? whatever. Crazy Ex amount considering how popular they are right now. Then again its not really a known look for them in the mainstream but still the exclusivity is certainly there with the Ex

3. It's TMNT

4. Your nuts like everyone else here. I think that covers/explains it all :lol

Basically the only item I will have bought this entire year was the deadpool hot toys so I like to think that I'm kinda making up for next year by buying all 4 of these plus the deadpool premium format. My only concern is that I quite literally have nowhere to put them. I'm basically entirely out of room. However I can't pass on these. Passed on the originals so I won't make the same mistake twice.

I have to say that's really one of my only hesitations about buying all of these guys. I'm out of space. Banking on owning a bigger home someday I guess. :gah:

I have to say that's really one of my only hesitations about buying all of these guys. I'm out of space. Banking on owning a bigger home someday I guess. :gah:

That won't help. I bought a large home last year but still don't have enough room. Trust me, you're deceiving yourself with such talk!

Eastman approved! they look smaller than 1/5 ?

5162481f8ac065fdc4f34e228fb73183.jpg

Back