Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get so tired of these dark SS previews. I'd rather just wait until the full reveal than to see next to nothing.

Then they already made the statues you're looking for. These aren't them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes I do have the original comiquettes and prefer them to these since they are closer to the original early Mirage look of the Turtles and not to mention $150 cheaper per statue.

Huh...guess I'll have to be the odd man out, because it was that very kneepad that sold me the rest of the Turtles. Plus, I'm not really getting a BayTurtles vibe here. I detest those designs but I'm really digging the designs here so far.

I wonder if these turtles are inspired by a certain artist, as in Batman have so many artist.

I wonder if these turtles are inspired by a certain artist, as in Batman have so many artist.

There are these fan arts done by Dave Rapoza many years ago that sparked a lot of interest, these were done before the new TMNT craze so before the new movies and I believe a few years before the Nick cartoon show and IDW comics, IMO I think these artwork were what pushed for the new TMNT stuff we're seeing everywhere today, anyone who saw these back then wanted to see something modern done with the franchise, they were done during the time when TMNT was dead, no one remembers the turtles. I bet the studios resurrected the franchise based on these artwork alone, they had a huge influence. The artist also did MOTU characters in the same style which Sideshow is also doing now, so I don't think it's a coincidence.

I mean the Sideshow statues are obviously based on the artprint, but the artprint is heavily influenced by these.

278af0183970a6b6413b770d5fc2383e.jpg

Last edited:
It's curious to think. Did the art print come first and that is what they based their design off of or did the artist make the print based off the designs sideshow made.

Has anyone's WL converted yet? I know it's early still but you know how these things go with Sideshow..

I got in on the WL on July 1st and was just wondering what my chances might be.

I joined the wait list probably 10 minutes after it sold out, still nothing yet. I think it's a manual process, they check the system & send emails every few months based on availability.

It's curious to think. Did the art print come first and that is what they based their design off of or did the artist make the print based off the designs sideshow made.

I remember reading the artists blog and him mentioning that he did that print for sideshow over a year ago and he was really happy to see it finally out.

Paolo mentions in his blog post that he created the art print based on reference given to him from the artists and sculptors of the new TMNT set, so I think it's fair to say the overall design and look is Sideshow's vision and Paolo used their reference to do a great piece of art in his style.

This print was made in conjunction with a sculpture series produced by Sideshow. Their artists and sculptors designed the look and gave me wonderful reference, including 3D ZBrush models to work from (which really made the difference on those shells).

Was waiting for my go-to retailer to put these up for pre-order. Still nothing, so I sent them a message, response:

''I’m sorry we don’t offer products from this brand anymore''

So no more Sideshow products. Guess I have to start looking around... :(

Back