Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still deciding whether to pick up a regular of this. I have the original T-Rex maquette and it is a thing of beauty, even if a bit small (esp next to the oddly large Stego). It seems to be really hit and miss though :( too risky for the $$?

I say give it a shot and order. Absolute worse case is you decide to return it. The only other alternative to that scenario is you get one you think looks cool and you're all set. All-in-all I suspect that the majority probably look good (like mine and some of the others that have been posted). But not having inside info on this it's hard to say for sure one way or the other.

SSC should just go back to making a few Jurassic Park pieces...a T-Rex with one of the Ford Explorers would have a nice place in my collection.

be cool if they still had the license, which last i heard they did not.

Finally got the replacement. Paint job looks to be the best out of the 3, not as dark, no weird or noticeable blemish, no weird yellow tinted mouth, or missing teeth. Still similar issues (random chicken scratch) as before but not as bad, looks like it could pass for wrinkles, mainly on the underside, so not too big of a deal.
Not sure if you guys come across this issue before but the base isn't flush (the flat side), I can feel the middle part bulging out when I ran my hand over it. Now when I set it on the table I can easily push the entire thing around with my hand/fingers, could be convenient I suppose but I couldn't do that with the other two.
What would you guys do? Is this something worth complaining about? I've included a link to the video just in case anyone is interested in seeing it.

Not a big deal, just go buy replacement pads and it should fix the problem.
No, return it!!
Make a complain, accept the credit they offer and run with it?
Thanks.
20150622_181321.jpg
20150622_181314.jpg

Finally got the replacement. Paint job looks to be the best out of the 3, not as dark, no weird or noticeable blemish, no weird yellow tinted mouth, or missing teeth. Still similar issues (random chicken scratch) as before but not as bad, looks like it could pass for wrinkles, mainly on the underside, so not too big of a deal.
Not sure if you guys come across this issue before but the base isn't flush (the flat side), I can feel the middle part bulging out when I ran my hand over it. Now when I set it on the table I can easily push the entire thing around with my hand/fingers, could be convenient I suppose but I couldn't do that with the other two.
What would you guys do? Is this something worth complaining about? I've included a link to the video just in case anyone is interested in seeing it.

Not a big deal, just go buy replacement pads and it should fix the problem.
No, return it!!
Make a complain, accept the credit they offer and run with it?
Thanks.
View attachment 192233
View attachment 192232

If the paint job is good, there are no broken teeth, & the statue itself is in good overall condition.. I would keep it. I wouldn't worry & waste my time over a missing pad if that's the only thing that you're worried about, especially when It could easily be replaced. I'll be getting mine tomorrow.. really hoping there's nothing wrong with it.

Maniac_In_BlackⓋ;7876327 said:
If the paint job is good, there are no broken teeth, & the statue itself is in good overall condition.. I would keep it. I wouldn't worry & waste my time over a missing pad if that's the only thing that you're worried about, especially when It could easily be replaced. I'll be getting mine tomorrow.. really hoping there's nothing wrong with it.

Thank you for your reply, and hopefully yours will come with no issues. Sorry for not making it clear, but all the original rubber pads are intact. You're right, I mine as well keep it. I'll give SS the credit for trying to make it right and replace all the original rubber pads with thicker ones, that should fix the bulging issue.

I dont have pictures yet, but I just got #6 out of 2000 from a third party seller on ebay and it is absolutely perfect. I'd been very worried since paying for it after reading all the horror stories on this forum about paint and chipping issues but I guess I got lucky.

I dont have pictures yet, but I just got #6 out of 2000 from a third party seller on ebay and it is absolutely perfect. I'd been very worried since paying for it after reading all the horror stories on this forum about paint and chipping issues but I guess I got lucky.

You'll probably find the first hundred or so are fine & then the painters started getting tired, haha. :rotfl

Why do you think that would be? They've had a lot of issues with this piece to date with imperfections, complaints and returns.

They have a lot of issues with a lot of their pieces, but often when they finish up an es it's the same or worse :| Just saying don't expect the new ones to be any better....

Back