Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks complete to me, tupuxuara. It matches the tooth count on my statue. :)

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, they seem to be chipped somewhat.

To Majin5:

Your Rex looks nothing wrong from the pics. I suggest you check the bottom of the neck, because this is the part that people usually neglect, and unfortunately this is just one of my fail parts.

IMG_1507.jpg

Good news, got word back today from Sideshow that they are shipping me a replacement T-rex. :yess:

Hoping this new one is pretty much perfect. Only thing is, I feel bad having to smash the other one, was hoping to give it to my son to play with. :( I better do it when he's not around.

Majestic isn't it! Looks great Dyscrasia. :)

There really seems to be a rather large variety in terms of paint apps. I like that actually. Makes every statue noticably unique! :)

Hello,
I'm new here, thank you all for sharing your wonderful photos. Received my T-Rex last week, initially it looked great but sadly noticed all this little issues (random scratches, paint chip, seam issue) and wanted to see what you guys think, send it back? keep it? I really want to keep the Exclusive version, but SS rep made it sound like they don't have anymore, from the sound of it the person that is currently helping me is willing to exchange only if I sent them back everything and for the same version only if they have one that is. I only want the T-Rex replace can't you guys just sent me that? Anyways, SS offered $50 in credit. woo hoo! or a replacement, if one is available or a full refund. How does it work when this happens? Get the refund and go sign up on the wait list again and hope that I get one? dang!

Thank you.

When they sent the replacement, do they send just the T-Rex? or do they send the entire set?
I wonder what's the chance of getting a replacement with similar issues. :(
I'm assuming I'll have to pay to ship it back?

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 369
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 370
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 368
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 368
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 365
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 368
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 366
Hi Chatree, I went through a similar thing the first time I contacted customer support. The $50 credit just seems like the standard canned response. Looking at the pictures you posted, Sideshow should just replace the T-Rex and no, they won't get you to send it back but instead get you to destroy the 'faulty' one. However if you fail to provide photo evidence, they'll probably charge you for another T-rex. :horror

I had a few issues with my T-rex & I got my replacement order approved the other day, but still no word on if it has been shipped yet. :(

When they sent the replacement, do they send just the T-Rex? or do they send the entire set?

Sorry about your rex. :(

For me the rex was bad, so, only the rex was replaced. It came in a standard Tyrant king box. Inside was the replacement rex and nothing else.

Hello,
I'm new here, thank you all for sharing your wonderful photos. Received my T-Rex last week, initially it looked great but sadly noticed all this little issues (random scratches, paint chip, seam issue) and wanted to see what you guys think, send it back? keep it? I really want to keep the Exclusive version, but SS rep made it sound like they don't have anymore, from the sound of it the person that is currently helping me is willing to exchange only if I sent them back everything and for the same version only if they have one that is. I only want the T-Rex replace can't you guys just sent me that? Anyways, SS offered $50 in credit. woo hoo! or a replacement, if one is available or a full refund. How does it work when this happens? Get the refund and go sign up on the wait list again and hope that I get one? dang!

Thank you.

It seems like you have similar problem as mine, go ask for replacement, if you don't try, they will realize that you are 'OK' with this quality, so they will repeat the same mistake on next dinosaur, because we 'accept' this sad quality at $400 price. We don't want to be a 'hard to please' customer...but we need to fight for 'consumer protection' when needed. And apparently...your Rex really has issue.

They will send you only the Rex itself...all you have to do is to break the old one when the new Rex solves your problem within 5 days.

Thank you all for your comments. I must say this is turning out to be a big waste of time. Talked to SS rep and they they refuse to sent a replacement, claiming that the Rex they sent will likely not fit into my base. They checked their inventory and found no extra Exclusive kit. I can understand that but obviously I can see some of you guys managed to get it to fit fine. Maybe I'm talking to the wrong person? I told the guy to sent me the Rex with a new base with what ever number or no number I don't give a ****, but still no. (they just don't want my money I guess) LOl, At least I can get a full refund, I'll just have to find somewhere else to spent my hard earning money on and remember to cancel my reservation.
Dreamcazman, I hope you get your replacement.

I was offered an additional $5 for a grand total of $55 in credits, woo hoo!!

I got another email from Sideshow this morning with completely different instructions than before! Now they want me to take a picture of the base showing the number & then destroy both the base & the T-rex, WTF! :slap

That is simply not acceptable to me as there is nothing wrong with the base. I sent an email back stating I want them to follow the initial procedure & get the replacement sent out before I smash anything!

What kind of jokers are running that place? Is it miscommunication or just poor service? Why make it so damn hard just to get a replacement?

They probably want to send both to you cuz they can't really do anything with a base without a statue.

Then again you could tell them that you like the current serial number and would rather keep it.

I got another email from Sideshow this morning with completely different instructions than before! Now they want me to take a picture of the base showing the number & then destroy both the base & the T-rex, WTF! :slap

That is simply not acceptable to me as there is nothing wrong with the base. I sent an email back stating I want them to follow the initial procedure & get the replacement sent out before I smash anything!

What kind of jokers are running that place? Is it miscommunication or just poor service? Why make it so damn hard just to get a replacement?

How many of these things are getting smashed? My god. This thing is getting more limited every day.

I'm getting worried for the exclusive I'll be getting in June... with all these problems and lack of availability of replacement statues... it's starting to seem less and less worth the trouble. Can't understand how this is $400 QC if they can't get the original sculpt right from the bang on.

I will wait for SS to send my rex over before jumping to any conclusions, but this has the potential to end my collecting days with SS for good.

I'm getting worried for the exclusive I'll be getting in June... with all these problems and lack of availability of replacement statues... it's starting to seem less and less worth the trouble. Can't understand how this is $400 QC if they can't get the original sculpt right from the bang on.

I will wait for SS to send my rex over before jumping to any conclusions, but this has the potential to end my collecting days with SS for good.

If the Triceratops is good, I'll keep my passion on, but if it fail again like this and there's no good replacement for us, then I will also consider what you considered.
Since I'm not a rich guy who can spend money without careful budget arrangement.

If you ask me if I like the Rex and the exclusive half-eaten body this time? My answer is...YES, definitely love it...but sometimes LOVE is just an attitude...not so much about the quality......

BTW, they changed the production factory actually...after Mosasaurs and all those repaint. FYI

Hoping mine comes through real soon, .......................& with no issues!!!!!! Would be an unforgivable shame if SS sent me a defective one (through my dealer), & then have no replacement parts to make things right. But I congrats all of you who have received a good one. Cause when it's good, it's great!!!!

I was skeptical about this t-rex but gosh I must say it's amazing. The size is also huge looking at your picture. Unfortunatelly I don't live in the States anymore and need to get the regular version instead through my dealer. Hopefully, I don't get the defect one. I can't wait for this beautyking to get in here.

Congrats to all of you to get the perfect one on the first attempt and hopefully those wanting replacement will get them right.

Back