Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never forget this moment...Don't ever do this again!! My gosh~~~
I'm sure he's dead...because I've checked his breathe after killing it. :monkey3

IMG_1600-1.jpg

I share your pain www1b24. I hope never to have to do something like that again. :(

I take it you're happy with the replacement? :)

Yes, I'm happy with the replacement, thank you Robban. :wink1:
It really is a good statue, but don't take 2 times to be good again.

Yes, I'm happy with the replacement, thank you Robban. :wink1:
It really is a good statue, but don't take 2 times to be good again.

Glad to know you got a good one, & now the pics? Would have been cool if pics were taken of the two statues side by side, before destruction, just to see the different paint apps.

Glad to know you got a good one, & now the pics? Would have been cool if pics were taken of the two statues side by side, before destruction, just to see the different paint apps.

OK, I'll put some pics in few days, but I only take one pic before I break it. :p

How many of these things are getting smashed? My god. This thing is getting more limited every day.

They have you smash them because the replacement is just that - a replacement. In order to insure the edition size remains intact, the extras created as replacement are meant to take the place of the defective ones. Once the defective ones are destroyed, its no longer in existence. The destroying isn't shrinking the edition size, its meant to keep it intact.

Glad to hear you got one you're happy with! Any company that works that hard to satisfy it's customer will earn my business again. It would be too easy for them to say "nope sorry" but it seems to me they really care about getting things right.

Not trying to sound like a SS apologist, but its probably also good to remember we're in a bit of an echo chamber as we're all pretty close to perfectionist when it comes to our collection. I think we've seen 6 issues so far (too high? too low?). I'd say anything that requires a human touch (an artistic one at that) and runs near a 95% success rate is pretty dang good. I suppose SS could paint them all by machine but I think they'd lose some of their individual uniqueness and I like that each one is a little different than the next.

It feels like Sideshow are giving me the run around. First they said they would supply the T-rex body by itself and after I receive it do I smash the old one. Then the other day I got an email about some crap that it wouldn't fit the base and that I have to smash both before they send the replacements! WTF is going on there? No proper systems in place. You don't tell a person one thing and then get them to do another, it just pisses people off!

I supplied a photo of the base number but refuse to smash the old parts beforehand. That was a couple of days ago & still waiting for a reply...

This has really put a sour taste in my mouth with Sideshow. My kids would be shattered if they noticed their T-rex missing. :(

EDIT: Just got a reply, they still want me to smash it beforehand, but cannot guarantee the edition number. Before I do so, I asked for confirmation that the replacement will be in the x/1000 range. There's no exclusivity if I get one out of 2000. I mean, it's just handwritten on the bottom with silver ink...

My replacement looks better than the original did, but still has some sloppy underside painting. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432185412.702990.jpg

Didn't pay attention to the number on the first one, but this one is in the 500s. Maybe 521.

Omg, i'm scared of what i am going to find when i'll open that box...it is my first SS piece and i was so impressed by those first pics that i order it next day(back in september)...now i find that there are so many issues...it was supposed to be perfect, damn it!!
My biggest problem is that i live in Europe, bought it directly from SS, and shipped it to a friend of mine in Florida who will come over and bring it to me in summer...i'm so f#*€ed right now.

My biggest problem is that i live in Europe, bought it directly from SS, and shipped it to a friend of mine in Florida who will come over and bring it to me in summer...i'm so f#*€ed right now.

I'd suggest that your friend open the box and check the sculpt. Don't torture yourself! If he checks it for you, you'll know. It could be perfect! :)

I feel a little sick. :(

View attachment 186156

Please don't ever make me do something like that again...

With exclusive dead body??? Are you sure they will also give you a new half-dead body, Dreamcazman? They asked you to break the base of T-Rex...did they say 'including' the exclusive body? They may eventually give you a replacement within 1000...but the exclusive dead body has no number under its base...I don't think you need to break that...just my question. :confused:

I really hope that SSC improves the QC on the upcoming Triceratops statue. It's really sad to see all those destroyed T. rex statues.

On the other hand, I am glad that I received a pretty decent one although it is nowhere near perfect....

I'd suggest that your friend open the box and check the sculpt. Don't torture yourself! If he checks it for you, you'll know. It could be perfect! :)

He received it today before work, just sent me this pic, i can t wait him to come back from work to open it and take a few shots.
meantime i keep staring at this pic i received...

Back