Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pity that the piece is so hollow thin.:slap I know many collectors prefer solid statues, (myself included), siting the weight & feel of an expensive piece makes the cost more justifiable, to which I agree. BUT the true drawback of having such a flimsy hollow statue is if it ever takes a fall, it shatters into so many bits & pieces, making repairing it much more difficult, if not impossible.

Love the sculpt, but at $400.00 +, SS should have given us something a bit more full, if not a totally solid statue.:dunno

Huge cost down. Maybe the hollow statue make us easy to break when we need to exchange for a new one like Robban and me. Should thank Sideshow for being so 'considerate'...

From all the different T. rex statues posted here, mine was the only one that was poorly painted. It might have been an extreme exception? Somehow it managed to slip through quality control. I understand that you guys are worried. But I feel Sideshow at least acted quickly and rectified the mistake without any fuzz at all. :)

I do appreciate their quick response too. But I hope they can learn the lesson this time. I still don't know why so many damage samples are not noticed by the QC member? I actually collected some more fail pics, but not from here, they're from other forum. Such as blind Rex, Broken leg, Neck without detail, ugly spot on the jaw, broken teeth, fail base, nose clogged...That's why I don't understand. Did those quality controllers worked without eyes opened?

I do appreciate their quick response too. But I hope they can learn the lesson this time. I still don't know why so many damage samples are not noticed by the QC member? I actually collected some more fail pics, but not from here, they're from other forum. Such as blind Rex, Broken leg, Neck without detail, ugly spot on the jaw, broken teeth, fail base, nose clogged...That's why I don't understand. Did those quality controllers worked without eyes opened?

Wow! That sounds really bad. The teeth seem to be a sensitive area. Mine was missing a tooth. It wasn't anywhere in the package either. I feel bad for those who received a faulty rex. Hopefully Sideshow will be able to send them replacements. They're making 3000 of the Tyrant, so there are bound to be more damaged examples as to when there were only 400/500. But as there are so many made nowadays it should also be easier to get a replacement. :)

After reading some of the comments here, I felt compelled to open mine, and it's magnificent, painted a little darker than usual yet makes me totally happy.
The entrails of the duckbill carcass also are painted dark, but overall I'm exstatic with this one, it's massive and takes its place atop the Sideshow Dinosauria pantheon, for me.

Glad to hear you recieved a good one, rdelgado! :yess:

Btw. I think the Carnotaurus is more or less the same scale as the king. They look pretty good next to each other! :)

Hi Robban,

your new T-Rex looks great, way better than your first one. Nice shot with the Carno btw. You are right, the look awesome together.

Oh god look that carno, really nice paintjob... i purchased the new one and it "sucks". Maybe mine will need a repaint in a future.

Strange! They got back to me after just a couple of hours. :confused: Have you tried giving them a call?
I got a reply yesterday, they offered me a $50 credit which while I appreciated, didn't think really cut it. I looked over the statue again and found a couple paint chips & scratches that I missed initially on the tail which I sent photos back.

Paint chip.jpgPaint scratches.jpg

Am I being unreasonable? I requested a replacement so I hope they come to the party and not give me the runaround. A little bit better QC could've avoided all this.

Glad to hear you recieved a good one, rdelgado! :yess:

Btw. I think the Carnotaurus is more or less the same scale as the king. They look pretty good next to each other! :)

The Rex is pretty big, it looks like a king looking down at 'little Carno'...the follwer

I got a reply yesterday, they offered me a $50 credit which while I appreciated, didn't think really cut it. I looked over the statue again and found a couple paint chips & scratches that I missed initially on the tail which I sent photos back.

View attachment 184211View attachment 184212

Am I being unreasonable? I requested a replacement so I hope they come to the party and not give me the runaround. A little bit better QC could've avoided all this.

I think you don't have to worry about being unreasoable. Just take a chance...ask them for any assistance you need. They should accept all kinds of RMA, but that doesn't mean they can 100% give buyer a new item in the end for any reason.

guys please be honest with me: what do u think, is the paintjob good enough on mine? Sorry for crappy pics. I am worried about it, he has some skratches on the feet and the base has some little part broken.
I dont know if i should ask a replacement to sideshow.

2hhqihx.jpg

23li1jt.jpg

2en1cuf.jpg

hweuk0.jpg

iz9v08.jpg

Hmm. Difficult to tell. No paint job benefits from direct light photography. Still, judging from your pics, yours definitely look better than my first rex. The teeth are certainly a lot more stained then on the other statues in this thread.

Hello everyone. Thank you for so many pictures, posted by you .I am a little disappointed to see so many flaws more than ever smaller or larger in this statue . I think Sideshow should listen very carefully what happens. After all they live from our passion!!!

PS: If anyone has exclusive version, and wants to sell through PayPal, that small piece please let me on private message. I will appreciate that!

Back