Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Deinonychus will probably be in the same size with Dilophosaurus. And may be a couple too. SS won't precisely make every dino in uniform scale...but I think they will definitely make someone bigger and someone smaller to make us visually accepted when put them all together. Well...Stegosaurus is an exception...I still don't know why it has prerogative to be much bigger.

Only have a few minutes today but wanted to go ahead and share a few quick shots comparing the previous T-Rex with the new one.

IMG_20150425_103240_zps2yzdk3wu.jpg

IMG_20150425_103414_zpsl7z5bfqv.jpg

This pic is a little deceptive given that the position of the smaller Rex makes it look a little larger than actual size.

IMG_20150425_103300_zpsvihhmmzk.jpg

Overall I'm REALLY happy with the paint and pose (more pics to come if you'd like), but the one issue I have is the rear foot won't seat all the way into the base. This is the first time I've had this issue and after a quick inspection it's hard to tell exactly what's keeping it from seating all the way. Anyone else seen this issue?

IMG_20150425_102716_zps9exdcevc.jpg

Great pics Chris C, & yes, please keep them coming! Interesting how the overhead shot shows the similarities in pose for both Rex sculpts. I also own the Krentz Rex, & was wondering if the new bigger version compares, detail wise, with the old? Maybe some close-up pics with both side by side would be great.
Thanks & congrats!!!

Chris, mine does not look like that. Both feet are planted with just the tiny gap between foot and surrounding ground like your's front foot, but a smaller gap.

I am surprised that this piece turned out pretty good in terms of paint application. Especially after seeing the Carnotaurus paint disaster and the plasticky look of the Styracosaurus.

Overall I'm REALLY happy with the paint and pose (more pics to come if you'd like), but the one issue I have is the rear foot won't seat all the way into the base. This is the first time I've had this issue and after a quick inspection it's hard to tell exactly what's keeping it from seating all the way. Anyone else seen this issue?

IMG_20150425_102716_zps9exdcevc.jpg

I had that issue with the first edition Carnotaurus. I had to cut very carefully with a hacksaw like 1/8" off the hard wire that goes in. After that the foot made contact with the base.

Chris, mine does not look like that. Both feet are planted with just the tiny gap between foot and surrounding ground like your's front foot, but a smaller gap.

I am surprised that this piece turned out pretty good in terms of paint application. Especially after seeing the Carnotaurus paint disaster and the plasticky look of the Styracosaurus.

Sideshow's factories seem to excel at earthtone painting.or at the lest less detailed paint apps. The Triceratops now might be an issue.

Obviously you'll have to display her beside your life size Tyrannosaurus, Chris. That would make for one heck of a photo.

I got mine and it looks great. Sorry to hear about you tooth, hopefully SS can get you sorted out.

TRex.JPG

Trex 2.JPG

Trex 3.JPG

Attachments

• Trex 2.JPG
    Trex 2.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 455
  • Trex 3.JPG
    Trex 3.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 417
Back