Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this one is looking real good. Great comparison pics, but since I don't own any hot toys, can someone post a pic comparing both Sideshow t rex maquettes? I do own the Krentz original, so curious to see how this compares size wise, & details.

Does anyone know if the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus bases are intended to connect in any way? I'm guessing not from the photos, as they appear fairly rounded.

Truthfully, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks. It's a 'safe' paint job. I would have been upset if they had screwed this up.

Yes, this kind of painting is safe enough, there won't be any big mistake. But still have possibility to miss some delicate part such as the wave-pattern on the tail...the statue replace it with direct line.

Does anyone know if the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus bases are intended to connect in any way? I'm guessing not from the photos, as they appear fairly rounded.

Not actually connect no. Jorge said they were designed to go together/compliment each other. My guess is Sideshow still wanted them as stand-alones as well for collectors. That way the base won't look odd if you only buy one or choose to display them as separate maquettes. I'm figuring they can still be placed together and look pretty cool anyway.

Hello dear lovers of dinosaurs. Tuesday is the official day that T-rex will be available at Sideshow? I have no idea about how many days takes to have for a conventional transport from sideshow to the United States?

I ordered this baby, with the extra base that depicts the juvenile Duckbill carrion, and it's rely cool.
Also, I saw this and the Triceratops w/ baby at Dino Gallery live a few weeks ago, and they both look incredible as a diorama.
Excited for this!

I ordered this baby, with the extra base that depicts the juvenile Duckbill carrion, and it's rely cool.
Also, I saw this and the Triceratops w/ baby at Dino Gallery live a few weeks ago, and they both look incredible as a diorama.
Excited for this!

Hey bud that's awesome! Shame it wasn't a Parasaurolophus eh? lol Thinking back on AoR..the Tyrant King could have used a little pterosaur buddy hanging around too.. ;)

Did anyone get pics of the two together? I say it will be awhile before we get to see it in person on our shelves.

This is a must have (along with the Triceratops) for me. Really only two so far that are must have's, though I still want to pick up the Mosasaur, Apo/Spino. Looking forward to it as it will be the first I get from this line.

:)) I am glad for you Chris, because you got the money for this beauty :)) It's crazy. :) People yu have some news about delivery ???? I am very curious??????

PS:....ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR:)))))LOL

Just got another email reminding me that this baby charges tomorrow AM.
Super-looking forward to this one!

:)) I am glad for you Chris, because you got the money for this beauty :)) It's crazy. :) People yu have some news about delivery ???? I am very curious??????

PS:....ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR:)))))LOL

Thanks bud! I shouldn't have I know..we need a new mini fridge for the gift shop, pump for our pond..but this will inspire me..so I can mostly justify it. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE_TUwYc6Vk

Yea I dont have a gift shop or anything but I shouldnt have bought it but I couldnt help myself. It is such a great piece and I know I would be kicking myself down the road once it is sold out.

Yea I dont have a gift shop or anything but I shouldnt have bought it but I couldnt help myself. It is such a great piece and I know I would be kicking myself down the road once it is sold out.

Yeah that's a part of it too..I have every piece so far and would hate to miss one. ( that will come if they ever do an prehistoric mammal/zero interest). Eventually I'll build a dinosaur museum here for our Park and all the pieces I'm collecting will go into it..that helps..me thinking of it as future investment.

My card was charged and this baby's mine!

There's already an ebay ad for the exclusive that doubled the price, wow.

Back