Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine unpacked and looked over! No paint flaws and no loose threads. Suit is definitely the best part of it. And you can actually pull the waist (belt) part down just figuring out how to make it stay where u want is the problem. Cape...yea I see the complaints! Fabric is too heavy for any posing like in their pics bt if u take ur time and work with it u can definitely get some wind blown poses at least. Those last set of photos are pretty good so I'm not gonna follow them lol. Camera on the Note 4 won't do this justice at all. So all n all I'm happy and it's a keeper. Will think about how maybe to keep the belt area down a lil and it will be just fine!

#379 is in the house. It looks really great. Upon opening the box you could smell the paint fumes. The styrofoam packing is very poor quality.

I believe that the costume material is top notch.

The base is very nice and is heavy. Man of steel however is very light. Trying to put him on the base is heart failure waiting to happen. The legs are way out of place for the pegs to fit into the slots of the base. I heard the sound of plastic when performing that task. The left foot indeed does not sit flush as it should. However looking at it an the angle it should be presented you would not see the tiny 1 mm gap anyways.

The color of the cape looks correct when looking at the statue overall. The wires in the cape are almost pointless. The other nit pick are the seams in the cape. I know they are for the wires. Going by the real costume, they should not be there. Hence, a seam is located for every wire location

Yes, there is a seam on the left side of his neck. Not poke you in the eye apparent but it is there.
NOTE: Upon closer inspection it looks like the eyes were inserted from within. Meaning they are not a part of the head sculpt. I think that would explain the seam.

I believe the entire body is PVC. I don't think for one second that the head and hands are polystone.

Not 100% happy but overall it is a keeper.

Sideshow,
You did not fully disclose all the details prior to the Man of Steel release. This is VERY wrong. You really need to learn from this. Me not sending it back to you does not make your actions correct. I understand that PF means different material. However, the understanding that polystone has been used on nearly all PF's to this point indicated that this be true on this statue as well.

You should... Show us a tease, show us a sample a few months before it is ready to be sold. Ready to be sold meaning that the item is ready to ship when our order is taken. Not making a buyer wait 18 months from date order is placed! Also provide full details about the item when offered for sale. Materials used such as PVC, resin or polystone. Then price the item accordingly.

Full pay or you could still offer payment plans. Payment plan would reserve that item for said buyer. First payment due at time of order. This would get rid of the NRD and still act as a security deposit on the item. Cancellation of an order would be a flat fee of something like $20. as example.

Yes you will have a warehouse with stock. But if you have a good product that is priced competitively your warehouse would not be much different than what you currently have now. Keep the edition sizes low and that would also help with how little would remain in the warehouse.

So Guys after reading this Thread all day i need to know if i should get this piece or should i cancel my order. I didnt order from SS but from a company in Europe. Im gonna pay like ~ 460 USD for this and i can still full cancel it (lost 25 USD cuz i need to pay some money to PO this piece) or should i get it? Im a big fan of MoS but dunno :x should i wait for the maybe better Batman vs Superman Statue from SS/HT? Or should i take the risk and get it and then maybe dont like it.

Here's my response to you Kyazzz. The only one I can think of:

6K71ww.jpg

Unpacked mine earlier this evening. I'm not going to regurgitate what everyone else who has it has said b/c they're right (re: cape/weight/seams/eyes/suit)

I will say this, there was no way I wasn't going to get this especially at the price I got it for.

I honestly can't wait to repaint the head though. I'm not a fan whatsover. Everything else looks great. Love the suit.

One thing no one has mentioned from what I've read so far is how much SS actually did to achieve the look of the on film suit. In the movie, cavil wore a silver metallic muscle suit under the blue mesh to bring out that metallic sheen that it has...SS has done something very similar here in painting the underlying PVC body in a metallic silver which explains why the suit looks so much like the real deal so kudos to SS for doing that much.

Lastly, overall, its a good piece but if you're on the fence, I'm sure this can be had cheaper later with either free shipping or double rewards or some sort of discount b/c I honestly don't think this will be flying off the shelves

This PF is a win in my book. That video that Remy posted and a bunch of pics in this thread just confirm how awesome it can look, naysayers be damned.

Congrats guys! Maybe down the road this is one I pick up when I have the extra funds.

No, trust me Steve, this is one of the few times in regards to this collecting hobby, that I was truly upset in the beginning.
The other times were mainly due to dealing with custom figures.
You and I have spoken about this figure for a while and for a long time, I was undecided cause I have made a vow of sticking to 1/6 only.
I sold the few 1/4 I had, and kept only two cause I have two museum display cases that holds 1/4 figures.
The EB batman is staying so if I was to buy this, I would sell my captain America TFA PF, which I really really love.
So I finally made a hard decision to get this, and then of course, find out it won't be polystone.
This is gonna be my one and only sideshow Premium format, and sideshow decided to make it plastic. Lol.

I was in the same boat as the people who wanted to cancel, but is screwed cause I used reward points on this, plus, I put it on flex at the the last minute,
So if you cancel a flex payment, you get charged $40.
So if I cancel, I would have been out of around $100 for nothing

So how much did you pay for this, since you used your reward points?

I've calmed down now after seeing better images of the figure.
Theres nothing else we can do about the pvc switch, but I just have to take comfort in reading that some of the ones who have it thinks it's much better in hand.

It looks nice in pictures (apart from the head both PJ and sculpt) the problem is that a full sculpted PVC statue is just not worth the price they are asking, especially since the paint job is not as good as Hot Toys. I guess the beautiful suit makes up for the fact that isn't polytstone. :eek:

LOL SS can get away with anything, no wonder they do what they do.

Well there is no alternative to Sideshow when it comes to making MM statues except PCS, which up until Robocop have only done video game and cartoon characters and Blitzway have so far only made Bruce Lee. So I think a lot of people are buying this because there is no alternative rather than what it looks like. However, I still think the suit looks good but I can't get over the fact that this statue isn't polystone and I do worry about the thing getting warped over time, since I have seen so many PVC EB statues lean or just get distorted over time.

Last edited:
I think I may be finally really liking this cape, now that I get the hang of how to pose it...

15680193645_9b8b1aca42_b.jpg

No, heads PVC too, I initially thought they'd just made the suit plastic. I think that's the main reason everyone took notice.

Why does the PVC head look like polystone? I thought switching to PVC would provide a more realistic looking face.

Wow that ends that argument that the cape is only limited to certain poses. That looks just like the promo pics of the proto on sideshows website. :clap

Thanks. It definitely takes some patience/practice/beer :) One thing to remember... bend the wires in all dimensions... including front/back... not just side to side.

Back