Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would anyone want this cheap looking, liver-diseased Superman head sculpt over the EPIC head sculpt that's currently there. Yeah to each his own and all that **** but really Spidey is being nice about it, but you two @gipetto and @illbecumingonabat sound stupid. Just IMO. If you cant afford it dont talk as if you can. And really the MoS over comic? Like WTF

Resorting to name calling? Really?

And who said anything about not being able to afford it? Go look at what I have on PO and then get back to me, k? Thanks, bye :wave

Resorting to name calling? Really?

And who said anything about not being able to afford it? Go look at what I have on PO and then get back to me, k? Thanks, bye :wave

I wasn't talking about you. You didn't comment on paying 400 dollars for a statue that you dont want. Im just saying is that you guys are talking smack about an amazing statue in comparison to a ****ty one with horrible paint - one that sideshow wont even show closeups of the face for. So yes it comes off as stupid to someone like me that looks at the comic version and sees how amazing it is. The first superman head actually looks older like he's been drinking himself to death slowly. And since when did superman look like he'd been standing out in the cold for 40 minutes?
And just cause you have some figures on PO doesn't mean you have taste.

94a1aa137f32ecd851ecd054ba6fdd15_zps4e6c02ca.jpg

The newer head sculpt is an improvement in my opinion. I like it, but I still believe it could be better. The EX head actually looks better to me (ignoring the eye mist).

I would prefer something slightly younger looking, like these (but, just my opinion...some people love the Alex Ross style...I like it, but it's just not my preferred look):

3164668-superman.jpg

Superman_Clark_Kent-9.jpg

The newer head sculpt is an improvement in my opinion. I like it, but I still believe it could be better. The EX head actually looks better to me (ignoring the eye mist).

I would prefer something slightly younger looking, like these (but, just my opinion...some people love the Alex Ross style...I like it, but it's just not my preferred look):

3164668-superman.jpg

Superman_Clark_Kent-9.jpg

I also agree with you but to an extent. Superman looks like a man and not a boy in this sculpt. I also LOVE the EX sculpt more and hopefully SS will do something about those eyes but doubt it man. LOL I just noticed that I have the same PO's with the addition of the Vader 1/6th EX, Red Sonja PF EX, minus the MoS PF, BW PF EX, Hulk PF and MJ Com.

I wasn't talking about you. You didn't comment on paying 400 dollars for a statue that you dont want. Im just saying is that you guys are talking smack about an amazing statue in comparison to a ****ty one with horrible paint - one that sideshow wont even show closeups of the face for.

There were close up shots at the beginning of this thread somewhere. However, the way the proto is painted means nothing because the final product will look just as bad if not worse than what we are seeing now, going by sideshows track record.

So yes it comes off as stupid to someone like me that looks at the comic version and sees how amazing it is. The first superman head actually looks older like he's been drinking himself to death slowly. And since when did superman look like he'd been standing out in the cold for 40 minutes?

I still don't know what you mean by that? Does he look like he is aging, like has liver spots? :huh

There were close up shots at the beginning of this thread somewhere. However, the way the proto is painted means nothing because the final product will look just as bad if not worse than what we are seeing now, going by sideshows track record.

I still don't know what you mean by that? Does he look like he is aging, like has liver spots? :huh

I dont know how I can be that much clearer, there is way too much redness around the nose, eyes and forehead. He looks like he's much older than the current comic PFs sculpt and to be honest looks like a Superman from the 1940s or 50s. He looks like a much older version of Superman and to be honest doesn't look that Super at all. And even though the yellowing isn't as obvious as with ppl with liver disease, he does have early indication of liver disease from the blotchiness and redness around his skin. IF there is any more clarification you need please let me know.

I wasn't talking about you. You didn't comment on paying 400 dollars for a statue that you dont want. Im just saying is that you guys are talking smack about an amazing statue in comparison to a ****ty one with horrible paint - one that sideshow wont even show closeups of the face for. So yes it comes off as stupid to someone like me that looks at the comic version and sees how amazing it is. The first superman head actually looks older like he's been drinking himself to death slowly. And since when did superman look like he'd been standing out in the cold for 40 minutes?

Oh ok so you're just mad I don't think it's the greatest superman statue in the world like you do? Oooooh how silly of me :slap ok, gotcha

It's funny though how you say that I was talking smack when all I said was that I didn't like the current sculpt and prefered the old one which I don't think quailifies as "smack talking" while here you are feeling the need to actually talk smack about the MoS one b/c someone doesn't agree with your feelings towards the comic one. And why does it even matter that I like the MoS PF over the comic one while talking about it in the MOS thread? At least I'm being courtious to the ppl who like the comic PF by not going into that thread and talking about all the things I don't like about it and calling ppl names for liking it :huh quit getting so defensive, sheesh :slap

Last edited:
I dont think the comic PF and the movie PF can really be compared tbh, other than in name they're both Superman that's where the similarities end for me :dunno

What I do know is that they'll be look great next to one another :yess:

Oh ok so you're just mad I don't think it's the greatest superman statue in the world in the world like you do? Oooooh how silly of me :slap ok, gotcha

It's funny though how you say that I was talking smack when all I said was that I didn't like the current sculpt and prefered the old one which I don't think quailifies as "smack talking" while here you are feeling the need to actually talk smack about the MoS one b/c someone doesn't agree with your feelings towards the comic one. And why does it even matter that I like the MoS PF over the comic one while talking about it in the MOS thread? At least I'm being courtious to the ppl who like the comic PF by not going into that thread and talking about all the things I don't like about it and calling ppl names for liking it :huh

My problem is not that you like another PF better than another, you are putting down the sculpt because you dont like it, but overall the Comic PF is a higher quality statue. That's really where my comments are coming from. The MoS PF IMO is below par in terms of what SS can deliver and it was clearly a rushed PO. If i had known that you would be this sensitive I wouldn't have said anything. Whatever these are just my opinions and are not necessarily shared by others in the Freaks boards. Good day Sir.:peace

My problem is not that you like another PF better than another, you are putting down the sculpt because you dont like it, but overall the Comic PF is a higher quality statue. That's really where my comments are coming from. The MoS PF IMO is below par in terms of what SS can deliver and it was clearly a rushed PO. If i had known that you would be this sensitive I wouldn't have said anything. Whatever these are just my opinions and are not necessarily shared by others in the Freaks boards. Good day Sir.:peace

I never even put the sculpt down :dunno all I ever said was what I didn't like about it. never said it was a piece of crap with crap paint or anything like that b/c I never thought the quality was bad on the comic PF, just that there are things I don't like about it. You're the one who immediately got defensive and sensitive over your precious comic PF that you felt the need to start putting the MOS PF down and those who like it :huh

Why would anyone want this cheap looking, liver-diseased Superman head sculpt over the EPIC head sculpt that's currently there. Yeah to each his own and all that **** but really Spidey is being nice about it, but you two @gipetto and @illbecumingonabat sound stupid. Just IMO. If you cant afford it dont talk as if you can. And really the MoS over comic? Like WTF

Why do you have to be so aggressive, man? I wrote several times that I am glad for anyone who likes it, but I liked the other version more. Why do some people always have a problem with different opinions. I never said he looks crappy, I just said he doesn't look good enough to my own liking that I will drop 400 on him. You are right, I cannot afford that many statues each year, so I have to pick and choose. And how am I going to do that? By deciding which pieces I really like, and which not.
And Spidey was nice about it, because he is smart enough to see that there is no reason to burst into troll mode.

Its a cool PF. I kinda dislike the headsculpt, it looks a bit too old for my taste. Thats all.

Every few months this debate kicks up, and for some reason it always gets a bit dirty, and I honestly have NO idea why... Why are do we have to rip into one statue to make us feel better about a decision we made..... Now I stand by my statement the the NEW comic PF head does not look OLD, but I am not ripping into the MOS PF at all. Peie like what they like, and order what they WANT. Why do we give a ****??

Every few months this debate kicks up, and for some reason it always gets a bit dirty, and I honestly have NO idea why... Why are do we have to rip into one statue to make us feel better about a decision we made..... Now I stand by my statement the the NEW comic PF head does not look OLD, but I am not ripping into the MOS PF at all. Peie like what they like, and order what they WANT. Why do we give a ****??

Spidey, you know that's what people do all the time in here. I don't even understand when you're not even going to buy it some feel the need to **** on a piece in some form or another. Just GTFO.:dunno

Because anyone who doesn't agree with me is a witch and must be burned.

Seriously I have no idea. People just love to argue I guess!

Sorry if I offended anyone. Perhaps I mistook what @gipetto and @ishallbeabat were saying the wrong way. You guys are right, it is your choice to like the MoS PF over the Comic PF. My reasons were based on the fact that you were calling the Comic PF sculpt old where I feel like the original head sculpt to ME looked MUCH older. Also, IMHO I do not think in terms of quality, that the MoS PF stands up to the comic version but then again like someone said, to each his own and I'll leave it at that. Congrats on everyone getting the MoS PF. I was really disappointed with what it looked like when it was launched and a lot of my grudge is probably more with SS, but the Comic PF still looks better IMO.

I don't get it..
I think the MOS PF looks great.
I think the traditional PF looks great too.

Get what you want and don't insult what others like.

I'm getting both and hopefully Reeve when that one comes out so I can display them side by side.

Back