Sideshow Stormtrooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't mean they will do one right away. One would think that with the new movie and all being hyped at SDCC, that if they have one in the cue they would have shown him there. Maybe they are waiting to get closer to the movie release date:dunno

With all that was being shown at SDCC from the Star Wars license, Vader 1/6, Stormie 1/6, Tuskin PF, Grevious 1:1.....I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hold it back to highlight on its own so that way it wouldn't be overshadowed. With all of that other stuff a Clone Wars item's sales might be hurt with the competition and people having to make on the spot choices. Online, at home people are more likely to order and say "I'll cancel it later if I have to" than in person when they visually total up all they've ordered.

With all that was being shown at SDCC from the Star Wars license, Vader 1/6, Stormie 1/6, Tuskin PF, Grevious 1:1.....I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hold it back to highlight on its own so that way it wouldn't be overshadowed. With all of that other stuff a Clone Wars item's sales might be hurt with the competition and people having to make on the spot choices. Online, at home people are more likely to order and say "I'll cancel it later if I have to" than in person when they visually total up all they've ordered.

I could see that...guess I wasn't considering the bust and PF's. That would be a very big haul if you got it all.

Just a thought here, guys, but imagine if the Stormtrooper's exclusive item was an extra Stormie belt?

There would certainly be people that would pick up a Stormie in order to update their ANH Lukes and Hans, even if they didn't plan on getting a Stormie originally.

PLUS

It would possibly push those on the fence regarding Luke/Han into picking one or both up because they like that rendition better.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the above scenerios would work best if the second Stormie belt was included in both exclusive and regular releases, though. That way more sales would be made for SS and more customers would be satisfied.

I still think an accessory pack on the belts is the way to go. Just a quick little $15 thing for 2 belts. Maybe raise it to $20-$25 by throwing in mousedroid or something.

Just a thought here, guys, but imagine if the Stormtrooper's exclusive item was an extra Stormie belt?

There would certainly be people that would pick up a Stormie in order to update their ANH Lukes and Hans, even if they didn't plan on getting a Stormie originally.

PLUS

It would possibly push those on the fence regarding Luke/Han into picking one or both up because they like that rendition better.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the above scenerios would work best if the second Stormie belt was included in both exclusive and regular releases, though. That way more sales would be made for SS and more customers would be satisfied.
that wouldnt benefit SS because then they couldnt sell their han and luke with ST belt figures next year for $90 a piece.:lol

Ordered mine at SDCC, now that I see the blaster, I hold my contention that SSC has lost their way when it comes to exclusives...that gun is pretty weak. I was hoping for an MG34.

Although since they missed the boat and didn't give Vader the interrogation droid as an exclusive (cause I think everyone wants/needs the choke hand), they could have included that or a mouse droid.

Well the exclusives aren't ment to be something that is a "must have". Just a nice accessory that works with the character.

Technically, we should beat down Irish for being a bad influence, you were just a pawn in a much larger plot :lol

Yeah, its all his fault. :lol

I really think the Stormies should have been limited to one on the Ex. I'm not gonna complain that I got two Ex but I was surprised that I could get two.

Had to go back to work after the Vader ppo, was on the phone at 5 after for the stormie and it was sold out. First ppo i missed the EX.:monkey2:monkey2

Exactly! I don't get why people feel the Ex has to have an item that pisses people off.
I think it has to do with the choices of exclusive. As EVILFACE said, they should just be "nice to have" instead of "must have".

To me, exclusives that fall under "nice to have" includes:
  • Stormtrooper blaster.
  • Kit Fisto's droid head.
  • Anakin's Sideous hologram.
They're cool, but as a fan of the figure, I don't feel like they're critical to have such as those on the "must have" list:
  • Vader's choking hand.
  • Qui-Gon's poncho.

I think it has to do with the choices of exclusive. As EVILFACE said, they should just be "nice to have" instead of "must have".

To me, exclusives that fall under "nice to have" includes:
  • Stormtrooper blaster.
  • Kit Fisto's droid head.
  • Anakin's Sideous hologram.
They're cool, but as a fan of the figure, I don't feel like they're critical to have such as those on the "must have" list:
  • Vader's choking hand.
  • Qui-Gon's poncho.

I don't see either of those must haves as must haves.

I got one of the Ex's pre-ordered...going to call SS on Monday and see if they can combine my two troops into 1 order.

Personally, I love the extra exclusive weapons...SS does a top-notch job on them.

Well the exclusives aren't ment to be something that is a "must have". Just a nice accessory that works with the character.

well, I think the vader choke hold is a must have for many...that's why it sold out in record time. A mouse droid or the interrogation droid would have made a better exclusive.

And I wouldn't exactly call that stormie blaster a "nice accessory". Its more of a cop out piece of plastic...when did the stormie's ever use that blaster? Maybe they did, but it was not memorable to say the least.

I think the extra stormie belts would have been a good idea or the MG34.

I don't think the exclusive should be one that pisses folks off, on the contrary. i do think it should be cool though and to me the stormie blaster doesn't look cool at all, at least from the pics. Looks like something Hasblow would put with a 3 3/4" figure. If it lives up to the standards of their past weapons, I'll change my mind. but from the pic, it looks weak.

I think the Kit fisto droid head was cool. Too bad SSC never thought to complete it in other figs like Ki and Aayla. then maybe you could have an entire metal cast droid all cut up like they did with the sentinel from the X-men dios.

Last edited:
Back