1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what slight changes they may do this. Any issues on loose bodies/joints on V.1?

Not with mine. If they change anything, they should change the helmet, it's proportions are a little off. If they go further, they also need to enlarge the blaster pistol and it's holster and make the gloved hands a little smaller, a new body would also help greatly.

I'll buy a second if Sideshow fixes the issues with the first version.

Uh... Jedi Luke?

All bets are off now. I think an HT Scout Trooper will be shown at SDCC.

I'm looking forward to displaying my HT Scout with my HT Sandtrooper Sergeant, Gonk droid, and the Death Star trooper. :yess:

Not with mine. If they change anything, they should change the helmet, it's proportions are a little off. If they go further, they also need to enlarge the blaster pistol and it's holster and make the gloved hands a little smaller, a new body would also help greatly.

I'll buy a second if Sideshow fixes the issues with the first version.

That's kind of a lot of changes. I'm thinking you might be waiting for a V.4 for all that.:lol

I moved my SSC Speeder Bike and Scout and before I could set it down the screw holding the main rod gave out causing the entire bike to topple over. The scout snapped one of the handle bars clean off as he fell and when he hit the floor one hand and both feet came off. I felt like I was playing with the old Kenner speeder bike and had inadvertently hit the button to make it explode. I wasn't even mad, I could only laugh at the at sheer level of carnage that had occurred in less than half a second. I'm done with 1/6 scale SSC figures. They're junk.

I moved my SSC Speeder Bike and Scout and before I could set it down the screw holding the main rod gave out causing the entire bike to topple over. The scout snapped one of the handle bars clean off as he fell and when he hit the floor one hand and both feet came off. I felt like I was playing with the old Kenner speeder bike and had inadvertently hit the button to make it explode. I wasn't even mad, I could only laugh at the at sheer level of carnage that had occurred in less than half a second. I'm done with 1/6 scale SSC figures. They're junk.

Oh *****k.:gah:

I have all kinds of protocols in place whenever 1/6 figs are being moved or taken out for reposing. Sometimes the protocols get sloppy when you get distracted - and it all happens so fast and yet in slo-mo.:lol.

I thought the Scout is almost certain this year for HTs. This will be interesting. I'll keep waiting for HTs.

They've just done Luke and Leia Endor, as well as announcing (though not yet POing) the variant ROTJ/Endor stormie. And Palps was mostly centered around battle of Endor too. There WILL be a HT Scout this year.:lecture

Woah. Sorry to hear about this. Are.you going to reach out to customer supt via SSC? I’m curious to see how they’d respond.

Oh *****k.:gah:

I have all kinds of protocols in place whenever 1/6 figs are being moved or taken out for reposing. Sometimes the protocols get sloppy when you get distracted - and it all happens so fast and yet in slo-mo.:lol.

Yeah that support rod wasn't budging the last time I moved it which was over two years ago but obviously it had been gradually loosening under the weight of the bike and figure since then.

Woah. Sorry to hear about this. Are.you going to reach out to customer supt via SSC? I’m curious to see how they’d respond.

Nah, not four years after purchase. It had nice shelf presence but I'm upgrading my remaining 1/6 scale figures to PF's anyway so I'm not going to sweat it. Silly way for that set to end though. I can reassemble the scout for resale but the bike is toast.

To be clear it was the main screw at the top of the support rod that had secretly loosened under the weight over time. So just a heads up to all of you who still have this set to maybe consider tightening it every few years as a preventative measure against a similar incident ever occurring.

And I don't really blame SSC over what happened. These are intricate sets and there's only so much they can do to future proof them for every possible scenario.

I just saw pre-order on SSC site. Is that will be a second batch? :rotfl to all selling him on evilbay for $400

Give me a HT Scout that is accurate. After building my own Scout Trooper costume I just could not look at the SS one anymore.

Is it just the cleanliness of the body pouches on this that are the issue? When I've looked for movie stills the body harness does seem lighter than the armour but it's the pouches that need dirtying up.

I've always thought I'd hang fire for a HT version especially with Luke and Leia Endor being displayed. What are the chances SSC know HT is about to drop one so have thrown their one up for pre-order first or do we think this is just them doing a re-issue to coincide with the Endor Luke part of the ROTJ figure? Hence the Speederbike being available too?

They did such a good job of the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver but I'm less than a year into this and I know this figure is over 3 years old so advice on whether it's actually worth picking up would be greatly received.

Sorry to hear that. I've never put my Scout on the bike, he was always displayed next to it, exactly because I thought the bike to be pretty fragile

Sideshow Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike 13.jpg

Give me a HT Scout that is accurate. After building my own Scout Trooper costume I just could not look at the SS one anymore.

Yeap, the Gentle Giant mini-bust looks tons better than the SSC figure. The Koto kneeling scout statue also looks more accurate

Back