1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics guys, I'm wondering if I should have sold mine now. Oh well, the Sideshow purge has already taken place.

I am still a big fan of this figure. Yes, it has some inaccuracies (the mentioned knee pads being one of the most glaring but what bothers me the most is how undersized his pistol is).

I have the Ex with the sniper rifle which I am really glad to have scored, he looks really imposing with it. I have mine on the top of a detolf with the Hasbro bike and rider zipping by behind him and look at the setup every day.

I am not too sure how soon HT will get to this guy and for being one of SSC's last under $200 figs, he is a good value to me.

Cost was about 10 dollars and took 5 minutes to make. Got a bag of moss with flat wood pieces, some plastic plants and the piece of wood from a cheap store here in Holland. Only the moss is real, the rest is fake.

Watch out for the moss fleas that eat rubber...

other than that it looks great!

My male cat freaking loves to chomp on moss like that and then gets sick and throws up all over. He is obsessed with my modeling/Warhammer supplies and base materials for some reason.

Here's a shot I did that Sideshow didn't wind up using in their photo gallery.

32006791353_eecdfd5c53_b.jpg
[/url]

And a couple more. The second one was something I did for fun while shooting that Dinosauria piece. Can't even remember which lizard it was.

26234366534_dc631074ef_k.jpg

26746217332_3c6d9828c7_k.jpg

Yes, excellent pics !!

With that Dino behind me I also wouldn't remember it's name, just how fast my Speeder Bike can go !!

Thinking of selling my EX, has anyone got a picture of the original body handy? So many loose bodies lying around I can't tell which id which, he is on a TTM-22 atm.

:lol

Just sold my EX Scout. All the inaccurate stuff has been steadily bothering me more and more since I started on my own Scout Costume.

My Speeder Bike is a bit lonelt now, but HT will surely make more.

Hi guys. First post here! I picked up my Scout the other day, its my first sixth scale purchase and I really like it.

I've been reading this thread and gained so much useful information from it. You guys know your stuff! I now want to improve on it and get the following:

Poncho: I like the look of this one that someone posted, does anyone own it? https://www.monkeydepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SB0023-H152

Rifle: Is this the correct type that I need to buy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-German-MG-42-Machine-Gun-Model-1-6-Scale-Dragon-Toy-Collectible-F-12-Doll-/322649181253?roken=cUgayN. Does anyone have any recommendations I could use for a scope? I'm new to this but happy to try and mix and match parts and find a way of sticking them all together!

Any other alternative options which look like SW sniper rifles?

Body: I read that some of you have switched the body, why is that? Is it easy to do?

And finally, here is a shot of my figure that I rushed out to take as soon as I got it!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rmwyLkx.jpg

Hi. Anyone not using the environment part of the display base? Just the plastic part with grass, rocks and logs? Let me know if you'd like to sell it; I'm doing a project. Thanks.

Hi guys. First post here! I picked up my Scout the other day, its my first sixth scale purchase and I really like it.

I've been reading this thread and gained so much useful information from it. You guys know your stuff! I now want to improve on it and get the following:

Rifle: Is this the correct type that I need to buy? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-German-MG-42-Machine-Gun-Model-1-6-Scale-Dragon-Toy-Collectible-F-12-Doll-/322649181253?roken=cUgayN.

Any other alternative options which look like SW sniper rifles?

The ebay auction with the MG-42 is as close as you can get to the Scout rifle. you'll have to mod it to get it to look more like the SS one.

Body: I read that some of you have switched the body, why is that? Is it easy to do?

People wanted to arms to be able to get closer to the body, hang more naturally. I believe some people shaved/sanded down the sides of the body from the arm pits to the waist to get it the way they wanted. Might want to try that first before buying another body.

I just picked up this figure second-hand and was thinking about swapping out the body cause I'm bugged by the inability of bringing his arms closer to his body. Searching the thread I found reference to "Hot Toys TrueType Slim Body 12" Figure TTM22" and "TTM21;" I'm not an experienced customizer...could someone tell me what the difference is between TTM22 and TTM21? Also, the TrueType bodies are quite pricey; can someone point me in the direction of a TrueType substitution? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Back