1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually used some soldier story bodies and heads on some of my Marmit sandtroopers and stormtroopers. Didn't have to alter the heads at all on them because the Marmit buckets are hollow.

so I guess it comes down to the custom collectible question... "WILL IT FIT?"

I'll have to see if a soldier story head can fit in the SS stormtrooper bucket, then it's dremel time! I always tried to put Soldier story heads in the buckets of the luke and han disguise but with all the internal sculpting couldn't come even close.

so I guess it comes down to the custom collectible question... "WILL IT FIT?"

I'll have to see if a soldier story head can fit in the SS stormtrooper bucket, then it's dremel time! I always tried to put Soldier story heads in the buckets of the luke and han disguise but with all the internal sculpting couldn't come even close.

Yeah if its anything other than a Marmit its definitely going to need some dremel work.

VERY cool!

I love it that a $30 (helmet only) toy can get the flip right, but it's taken 3 years for eFX to work out how to do it on the 1:1 :slap

Didn't know if anyone else has tried this so I thought I'd share the info. The Sideshow helmet is able to flip up just like the Tomy one. For mine all I did was apply pressure along the seams on either side until I heard two "pops" then the front visor could swing open. It is held in place with two little snaps down and the bottom of the helmet on either side and a little bit of glue. It's already hinged and ready to go. I'll be using this third scout that I got yesterday for my Nik Sant custom. Just have to dremmel out the head post and it'll be good to go. This way I won't have to mutilate the head sculpt as bad getting it to fit in the smaller Tomy helmet.

Nice find. Wondering if some customisers will find a way to fit a head sculpt in there.
Would almost be easier to make a cast of a face only of a figure and make something to look like a balaclava and put in the opening,
The red trooper from the gi joe line comes to mind as a nice suitable head sculpt

Didn't know if anyone else has tried this so I thought I'd share the info. The Sideshow helmet is able to flip up just like the Tomy one. For mine all I did was apply pressure along the seams on either side until I heard two "pops" then the front visor could swing open. It is held in place with two little snaps down and the bottom of the helmet on either side and a little bit of glue. It's already hinged and ready to go. I'll be using this third scout that I got yesterday for my Nik Sant custom. Just have to dremmel out the head post and it'll be good to go. This way I won't have to mutilate the head sculpt as bad getting it to fit in the smaller Tomy helmet.

Thanks for posting! I noticed it several days ago and was going to take a close look this weekend. I guess what seemed to be glue was just paint/weathering. It had actual hinges, so I guess it makes sense.

Interesting that SSC seems to drop an Easter egg or two into their releases - like Han's Bespin vest/shirt being under the Hoth coat.

SPUD!!!! That is so bad ass man! The bavaclava is going to make it perfect!

Can you explain by applying pressure to the seams.. do you mean from under the helmet as if you were trying to open it from below (BLUE) Or did you mean from the sides of the helmet pressuring to move it forward (RED)?

Blue and Red arrows expertly drawn for visual reference.

kf09pg.jpg

Just want to make sure I do this right.. because I tend to have bear hands in a way that I touch things and they fall apart lol.

SPUD!!!! That is so bad ass man! The bavaclava is going to make it perfect!

Can you explain by applying pressure to the seams.. do you mean from under the helmet as if you were trying to open it from below (BLUE) Or did you mean from the sides of the helmet pressuring to move it forward (RED)?

Blue and Red arrows expertly drawn for visual reference.

View attachment 206325

Just want to make sure I do this right.. because I tend to have bear hands in a way that I touch things and they fall apart lol.

Thanks man! I actually did a little of both I guess. I started by pulling from the bottom in the inside towards the front, or your blue arrows and heard a little bit of crackling. Fearing I was going to break it I stopped and starting examining the sides. So about where your red arrows are I pushed inward on both sides moving down towards the bottom of the helmet as I went until the glue popped loose. They're only glued down at the bottom of each side where it closes and there's two little clip-like parts on the flip up part that lock into place on the helmet when its closed. This is where it is glued. After I got it open I shaved the clips off so it could open and close more easily. Hopefully that all makes sense. haha

And thanks everyone for the kind words. :D

Back