Sideshow Star Wars Maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they really feel like their selection was lacking so that they had to start a new line? Fans should be annoyed.

Oh, this line can definitely be perceived as a bit of an "artist's indulgence", something that is interesting for the sculptor/painter to tackle but is not connected with images that collectors know and love. I still find the drawings and WIP pics we've seen as incredible though and I'm anxious to see it get started.

I really like the possibilities here, and I almost forgot about this line it's been so long. But not being bound so much by on screen appearances and screen accuracy might prove to be awesome.

Looking foward to the Shaak Ti(force unleashed outfit) and Pre-cyborg Grevious

I think Obi-Wan looks pretty awesome. I may pick that one up, but I'll probably pass on most of them. It's too bad the Gentle Giant Obi-Wan in Clone Armor turned out so poorly. It would be cool to have both of them.

The Speeder Bike PF was a no-brainer for me. I absolutely love that piece.

The Emperor though at a high pricepoint near the Speeder Bike though would be tough sell for me.

I wonder if they'll be requiring a deposit on order day. It's going to have to be really amazing to make me pull the trigger. Right now without a price and finished photos/features I can't even say i'm fully in on it, nor even on the fence yet.

I'm a ROTJ focused collector. I really hope it's grand, but it better not cost near a grand. ;)

I am ok with it. Sometimes new life needs to be put into some things.

I won't have to get them all... but the maul is a given for me. Bring it !

I think i will go for Darth Maul and the Gamorrean Guard. They look great at this early time.

Perhaps they're on hold till the Blu-Rays hit in September, I can only imagine how many new items will be appearing around then. These pics do look pretty awesome though.

I'm sure we'll see the first very soon with the proper pomp and circumstance. Then we'll see a good grouping like three or four at SDCC to keep us interested and those will be released over the next few quarters.

wow. That Darth Maul looks badass. I can't wait to see more progress on these...

"an empty wallet in my future i foresee" -Yoda

wow, yeah that maul and that gamorrean gaurd look fantastic. Damn that pose that the Gamorrean Guard is in looks so awesome, like hes just a bad ass.

Sideshow had the Obi-Wan piece on display at the Sideshow dinner. I was not very interested in this line until I saw the final painted piece. I was very impressed with it. It's a very dynamic piece and has a lot of presence. Be prepared to be amazed.

i saw it at the dinner as well and omg does it look beautiful im ordering it as soon as it goes up.

Back