Sideshow Star Wars License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope hasbro starts making the fully articulated star wars figures again, I really enjoyed most of those.

I want the 1/6 scale figures from Hasbro again...the 12" stuff that's fully articulated

Personally if it’s true it will be a sad day. Ht don’t produce the depth that ssc do
Ssc have produced some really good stuff that I can’t see ht every making. Less figures mean less choice and I don’t know about others but I like choice

Ah gotcha. Would be interesting to see how they fare in this day and age.

They would obviously need to step up their game a bit but they would be a nice alternative to hot toys stuff. Far more affordable.

I recently bought the old Hasbro Garindan to go in my Jabba setup. It's pretty damn decent right out the box and could be improved alot with a bit of extra work.

I was wondering if anyone would recommend any other of the better Hasbro 12" figures from that era that are good enough to be displayable with HT and Sideshow stuff? I wasn't collecting at that time.

The hasbro original trilogy collection Boba Fett is as far as I am concerned the best boba fett before sideshow released theirs. and he isn't awfully expensive even today. Also the clone trooper from revenge of the sith was pretty darn good for a 20 dollar figure. I also really liked personally the darth maul and speeder set. The original trilogy collection stormtrooper is great for fodder too.

Ponda boba and ki adi mundi were really good too, and the rots yoda was pretty cool. I also had the bossk for years and really liked him too. I still have my hasbro R2D2 and C3PO and they look fine with my other stuff.

Ponda boba and ki adi mundi were really good too, and the rots yoda was pretty cool. I also had the bossk for years and really liked him too. I still have my hasbro R2D2 and C3PO and they look fine with my other stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. I might give Ponda Baba a try. I'm really only interested in background characters like him that I otherwise couldn't get. Not sure what I could do about Dr. Evazan though. I have also been considering trying to customize the Wampa figure they made. The Stormtroopers could be interesting if I ever want a couple dead ones with blast marks laying in some rubble.

The scout trooper and speeder bike are also really well done for what they cost back in the day and are still affordable. That speeder bike is awesome...AND BIG.

The imperial gunner and imperial officer are good too...that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah, with a ton of work, Hasbro Ponda Baba can be really amazing looking and for my custom Bossk I used the Hasbro head, arms and legs over the Sideshow ones because with a lot of modding they are better underlying sculpts than the Sideshow versions.

I would love to see what Hasbro would do with 12" figures today.

The scout trooper and speeder bike are also really well done for what they cost back in the day and are still affordable. That speeder bike is awesome...AND BIG.

Yeah, that speeder bike was the best 12" piece Hasbro ever did.

Personally if it’s true it will be a sad day. Ht don’t produce the depth that ssc do
Ssc have produced some really good stuff that I can’t see ht every making. Less figures mean less choice and I don’t know about others but I like choice

I would agree if we were talking about the sideshow of the past. They haven’t really been doing much with the license the last few years. The only deep dive characters lately have been rereleases of older figures.

I would be up for hasbro or Disney store making mid-range figures at the $50-60 range and on par with past sideshow figures but with better proportions.

I would agree if we were talking about the sideshow of the past. They haven’t really been doing much with the license the last few years. The only deep dive characters lately have been rereleases of older figures.

I would be up for hasbro or Disney store making mid-range figures at the $50-60 range and on par with past sideshow figures but with better proportions.

My thoughts exactly, Hasbro or Disney could make a load of money doing mid range figures.

I thought I saw Susan walking around at Celebration, but not only was it odd that they did not have a booth (or showcase any products in someone else's booth), they also did not present at the collectibles panel. I hope they are still in the picture though, as it would mean more product for us.

If I had a dollar for every time someone claimed that Sideshow was getting out of 1/6 ... I'd have enough money to buy one of their 1/6 figures.

Back