Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

Spidey Comi >>>>>>>>>> Spidey PF

You mean the squiggly web lines? Which differs from piece to piece & compare that to the quality we get nowadays.
Yeah, that's the only real flaw with this piece IMO, and nearly every piece is going to have some paint flaws based on what I've seen. Strange that getting the lines straight seems so hard, when the base (which is much more complex from a painting POV) looks pretty great across the board.

I actually think Sideshow could surpass the Comiquette. And I don't even know that it would be all that difficult. The design of this Spidey is a bit odd as he is so lanky and stylized, and the eyes on his head are a bit McFarlane-esque. If they went with a more traditionally scaled and styled Spidey, I think SSC could beat him.

The pose on the PF was a bit awkward, and the fabric didn't work as well as it could have IMO, so I think the Comiquette is actually better than the PF, and is the best 1/4 scale Spidey out there considering he is the iconic red/blue version. I wouldn't make that trade.

Trading a Spidey Comiquette for the PF =

FAILED_10.jpg

I got the offer to trade this guy for a Spiderman PF. I always wanted to own a Spidy PF but I am not really sure if I would make a good trade... Any opinions would be highly appreciated... :dunno

spider pf used to worth a lot more but now i think they are about equal as the comiq went up in value by a quite bit.

it really comes down to which one you like, they are about the same in value.

spider pf used to worth a lot more but now i think they are about equal as the comiq went up in value by a quite bit.

it really comes down to which one you like, they are about the same in value.

Don't forget the variants that are ES of 75 each. :lecture

Ski

I had 2 spiderman comiquette, EX and regular. My WL for the EX was converted after I bought the regular at retailer. I tried to trade my regular comi with the reg PF and nobody would do it at that time. I ended up sold mine for $450. I wish I didn't sell it too quick.

I don't have the PF but by judging from the picture I'll take the comiquette. By far Spiderman comiquette is one the best statues if not the best statue that I own. The base and the pose are bloody fantastic.

Why some people are under the impression that sideshow will release a new spiderman PF? Did they hint it? I really hope they don't because there are many other characters that need to be released first before the new spiderman PF. But if they do, I really doubt it will top the comiquette.

Its difficult me to convince myself to pay Evil bay price + shipping is too much. I hope SS will make better Spidy PF

There are some statues that truly deserve a market price value, and this is one of them :lecture

I had 2 spiderman comiquette, EX and regular. My WL for the EX was converted after I bought the regular at retailer. I tried to trade my regular comi with the reg PF and nobody would do it at that time. I ended up sold mine for $450. I wish I didn't sell it too quick.

I don't have the PF but by judging from the picture I'll take the comiquette. By far Spiderman comiquette is one the best statues if not the best statue that I own. The base and the pose are bloody fantastic.

Why some people are under the impression that sideshow will release a new spiderman PF? Did they hint it? I really hope they don't because there are many other characters that need to be released first before the new spiderman PF. But if they do, I really doubt it will top the comiquette.

^^^ I hope they don't as well, different characters before more Spiderman make overs.

I like them for different reasons, I have all the versions of the PF and the Com Ex's. The PF is larger in scale than the recent Com but I like the wall dio that came with the Com, so it's a win win to have different representations. If you can get them both that would be my answer over choosing one over the other.

Ski

if they make another spidey 1/4 , i can see a lot of people comparing sideshow to bowen lol

^^^ I hope they don't as well, different characters before more Spiderman make overs.

I like them for different reasons, I have all the versions of the PF and the Com Ex's. The PF is larger in scale than the recent Com but I like the wall dio that came with the Com, so it's a win win to have different representations. If you can get them both that would be my answer over choosing one over the other.

Ski

Yeah the PF looks nice too, but I think can live without it. I am happy with my comiquette EX that I paid at retail price :)

There are some statues that I can't afford not to own them. I missed some grails because I was late to join the party, I am fine to pay market value for Thor PF, Cap PF and Hulk PF. IMO Spidey Comi can be considered in the same group as them, so if you missed Spidey Comi it's okay to pay the market value because it's well worth it unless money is an issue of course.

Yeah the PF looks nice too, but I think can live without it. I am happy with my comiquette EX that I paid at retail price :)

There are some statues that I can't afford not to own them. I missed some grails because I was late to join the party, I am fine to pay market value for Thor PF, Cap PF and Hulk PF. IMO Spidey Comi can be considered in the same group as them, so if you missed Spidey Comi it's okay to pay the market value because it's well worth it unless money is an issue of course.

Getting those at retail value is SO sweet!!! :rock I knew Thor would make it once all this Marvel hype came out.

Ski

Getting those at retail value is SO sweet!!! :rock I knew Thor would make it once all this Marvel hype came out.

Ski

You are lucky bastard, but I am lucky enough to get spidey comi ex and gambit pf ex at retail price :)

Getting those at retail value is SO sweet!!! :rock
So glad you support folks paying retail value, Ski! I'll go ahead and pay you the retail price for your Neg. Zone and First Appearance Spidey PFs, then. Payment sent!

i hope they release another pf. One done with the same cloth/rubber material as the original pf but in the comiq pose will be a instant win.

as it is now i love the pf's cloth material/choice imo it is one of the best mixed media design they really dont make them like that anymore. But the pose sucks. And the comiq has a great pose/base but the sculpted body & messy paint is a big turnoff.

if they make another spidey 1/4 , i can see a lot of people comparing sideshow to bowen lol

I dont think so Bowen makes statues in same pose ....... SS will never do that

the only thing compensating for these buys were that i got some other statues like black cat pf, she hulk pf , conan dio,, for well below retail.

Same here so I can't complain. I have a break even rule of sorts. I have slightly overpaid for older statues, but I've caught good deals for under value as well. I balance my total costs against retail cost, and try to keep myself somewhere around 0.

They didn't hint it, but SS will repeat characters with the same or similar look in the same format. Look at Venom Lifesize bust, upcoming Red Skull & Jack Sparrow PFs, and MJ Com. For Spidey you could always do more traditional eyes (like the LSB had) and underarm webs to make it different.

Plus the amount of new collectors. Even on this board, which represents only a part of the total collecting population, a lot of new collectors have joined since last year, including me. From a business PoV there's just too much money for SS to make from those of us who started our collections after the Spider-Man Com. I can see it happening in a few years.

For the collector that has this Spidey I can see how you'd hope they don't do a new one because you want other characters. SS expressed prioritizing more PFs, so we'll get new characters anyway (Hawkeye, Spider-Woman) mixed with repeats (new Emma & Punisher currently in design). 2010 wasn't that long ago so I think most people don't expect a traditional Spidey in 1/4 this soon, but I think we're kidding ourselves to think it will never happen again.

I'm still after this but I'm hoping the LSF pops up in the next yr & looks AMAZING.

Back