Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love for Stan to sign something but I'm not sure it'd be this. It makes every bit of sense to get this signed, but it's my favorite statue of my favorite character and I think I'd want it to stay as is. I've got other Spidey's he could sign.

Between this Com and the JSC com recently I'm digging this trend of getting the front signed instead of the bottom or back. It's cool and still looks great.

I'd love for Stan to sign something but I'm not sure it'd be this. It makes every bit of sense to get this signed, but it's my favorite statue of my favorite character and I think I'd want it to stay as is. I've got other Spidey's he could sign.

Between this Com and the JSC com recently I'm digging this trend of getting the front signed instead of the bottom or back. It's cool and still looks great.

Stan signing any Spidey piece is like peanut butter and jelly. They're made to go together. I had Stan sign my original Spidey Com, BiB Spidey, and my Koto Spidey. They are prized pieces in my collection.

Congrats Thorne on the signing....Looks awesome and like filip that is where I got mine signed as well.

Yes. They use to issue a paper certificate of authenticity. However, nowadays they place a foil sticker on any item Stan signs. It'll run you $5 for the sticker.

I didn't get any Stan signings these past 2 years and I didn't realize they no longer offer the Cert. of Auth. anymore for his signings. I'm glad I took your and others advice and was able to get a Cert. when I did. At the time I wasn't sure about doing it, but looking back now it was well worth it.

They are prized pieces in my collection.

Couldn't agree more!!! I had Stan sign my original Spidey Com and original cap pf ex shield as well. I will never let these 2 go as these 2 are my favorite pieces I own.

So the best area to have this signed is at the front pedestal instead of the back wall?
Where do you have the koto spidey signed?

So the best area to have this signed is at the front pedestal instead of the back wall?
Where do you have the koto spidey signed?

Most people are getting him signed on the back of the wall

I suggest getting something signed where you feel comfortable with it. Some peeps only want a sig on the underneath bottom portion of the base. That's fine, but you'll never see the sig without turning the base over. That doesn't work for me. I want to easily see the sig every time I look at a piece. So, I try to get a sig somewhere on the base where it can be seen. I never get a sig on a figure, only the base. If I absolutely can't fit it on the base somewhere, then I'll have it signed underneath the base.

I had my Spidey Com signed by Stan on top of the stone eagle head. On my Koto Spidey, I had Stan sign a corner on top of the black base. It was a tight squeeze but he fit it in there. Now, every time I look at those pieces, I can't help but think of Stan and him signing them.

Yeah, had the chance a few years back to have Stan sign my Spidey com, but I was too late. A huge regret! But if it happened, I would have had him sign the back wall, & then would have added the classic "was here!" (as Stan Lee was here!), next step would have been to cross out the "was" & insert "is" (as "Stan Lee is here!"), giving it a true graffiti feel.

I suggest getting something signed where you feel comfortable with it. Some peeps only want a sig on the underneath bottom portion of the base. That's fine, but you'll never see the sig without turning the base over. That doesn't work for me. I want to easily see the sig every time I look at a piece. So, I try to get a sig somewhere on the base where it can be seen. I never get a sig on a figure, only the base. If I absolutely can't fit it on the base somewhere, then I'll have it signed underneath the base.

I had my Spidey Com signed by Stan on top of the stone eagle head. On my Koto Spidey, I had Stan sign a corner on top of the black base. It was a tight squeeze but he fit it in there. Now, every time I look at those pieces, I can't help but think of Stan and him signing them.

Very well said fillip, That's how I go about getting my statues signed. I had to have Stan sign the label on the bottom of my Iron Spiderman in gold as there was no where else to sign it. It looks good but like you said I have to turn it over to see it. My 2010 comiquette he signed the back wall like most do. But my cabinet has a mirrored back and you can see it easily. I smile every time I walk by...and I see my 7 year old just standing there staring at it every once in a while. Now the J Scott comiquette he signed the front. I though it fit in well with the graffiti theme and it looks great. My only regret is missing a chance to get the photo op at Chicago this year. If I EVER get that opportunity again....I'm jumping on it.

Very well said fillip, That's how I go about getting my statues signed. I had to have Stan sign the label on the bottom of my Iron Spiderman in gold as there was no where else to sign it. It looks good but like you said I have to turn it over to see it. My 2010 comiquette he signed the back wall like most do. But my cabinet has a mirrored back and you can see it easily. I smile every time I walk by...and I see my 7 year old just standing there staring at it every once in a while. Now the J Scott comiquette he signed the front. I though it fit in well with the graffiti theme and it looks great. My only regret is missing a chance to get the photo op at Chicago this year. If I EVER get that opportunity again....I'm jumping on it.

Yeah, I had a photo op with Stan a few years ago. It was one of just Stan and I. I really wanted a pic with my whole family. I was able to do that this year. My wife, 2 boys (4 and 7 yrs old), myself, and Stan. It was an absolute thrill! I'm actually glad I waited because now both of my boys know who he is and were geeked to meet him. I highly recommend getting that photo op ASAP though. Stan is not getting any younger. I believe he'll be 92 soon so don't take for granted you can do it later. It's something you'll cherish for the rest of your life. I already have the pic of Stan and the family framed and hanging in my living room. It never fails to generate a conversation with family and friends.

How much do they charge for the stan autograph nowadays? This includes the cert/sticker?

It's $60 for a sig on photo. The price for him to sign a "premium item" is $80. The cert/sticker is an extra $5. I can honestly say that I'm done getting things signed by Stan. It used to be $50 for his sig just 2 years ago and it was the same price regardless of what he signed. The new tier pricing is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. What difference is there to what he signs? A sig is a sig regardless of what he signs. I was actually pissed when I went to C2E2 to get some sigs for a few statues. When the dude selling sig tix told me I had to pay $80 for each sig on my statues, I broke out my wallet and gave the guy $240. I told him I want 4 tix and he needs to make it happen. He looked at me a little funny, walked away to talk to someone and came back with 4 tix. So, don't be afraid to negotiate. Especially if you are getting multiple items signed. They gave me 4 sig tix for $60 a pop. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

They sell the autograph tickets only on-site?

Was wondering how much they would be charging at NYCC and if multiple items are allowed?

They sell the autograph tickets only on-site?

Was wondering how much they would be charging at NYCC and if multiple items are allowed?

In 2012 (for wizard world Chicago), I bought some sig tix online. At C2E2 this year, I paid cash at the Con. That was when I found out about the tier pricing. I have no idea if you can get sig tix online for NYCC. Check their website for info. I'm sure multiple items are allowed. The more items you bring, the more $$$ they make.

Anyone can fake these "signatures" and sell it for another $200.00 more.

Well, that's what the certification and stickers are for. Basically, you have to look at what proof there is for the sig and just make the best decision possible. Nothing is fool proof. I even kept my Stan Lee VIP pass and paperwork showing how many sig tix I bought. Bottom line though, it's a gamble. I know I'm all good though. Every sig by Stan on my statue came from me going to the CON and getting them personally.

Back