Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette

That's ok for sellers to try and sell local. With the few things ive tried to buy on here, the sellers all been fine to sell to me then all of a sudden just go ahead and sell locally that's all :dunno

I find that a bit rough that's all.

I'm sorry but international shipping is just something most sellers try to avoid for a number of reasons. I know it sucks for peeps in your situation but I can't blame someone for wanting to try and sell their pieces locally. International collectors always have it rough. Customs, higher shipping rates, and return issues will always be just a few of the hassles you will have to deal with.

For the record, my post was meant for Irish4aron. He lives here in the States so shipping wouldn't be an issue for him. I have bought a few pieces off of fellow freaks and all of my transactions were great. I picked up a Man-Thing Com and a EX Skaar PF (both for my cousin), and I purchased my EX Venom Com, Koto Spidey, and BiB Spidey for myself. I even traded for my EX Skaar PF with a fellow member as well. This place has been golden for me. I will ALWAYS look to do business here before I buy from any other place.

I bought my Spidey from Hulksmash, he's from Texas & I'm from England by the way. I just asked asked if I take full responsibility for the item & obviously pay for all the shipping costs would you be ok with that & he was fine. I sold my Wolverine PF with a buyer from Germany, I just don't see the problem selling international with them terms.

I bought my Spidey from Hulksmash, he's from Texas & I'm from England by the way. I just asked asked if I take full responsibility for the item & obviously pay for all the shipping costs would you be ok with that & he was fine. I sold my Wolverine PF with a buyer from Germany, I just don't see the problem selling international with them terms.

It's certainly not impossible RB. However, it is a bit more challenging. There are peeps that are hesitant to sell to international collectors. I have only sold a few pieces and they have all been to my fellow Americans. Even I have to admit that selling to them would be my 1st choice. However, if an international buyer would be willing to agree to the terms you stated, I wouldn't hesitate to sell under those conditions. As a rule of thumb, it is just easier to sell to someone locally. That's just the way it is. Because of this, it will always be a bit more difficult for international buyers. That doesn't mean that it's impossible. You are an excellent example of that.

i had also arranged for similar terms when i tried to buy its not like i expected free shipping or anything. I have over 295 positive feedback on my ebay account i really don't seel the problem with people buying and selling to international collectors that's all :dunno
Anyway sorry for the rant.. just annoying to miss out on purchases when people have already agreed on selling.

i had also arranged for similar terms when i tried to buy its not like i expected free shipping or anything. I have over 295 positive feedback on my ebay account i really don't seel the problem with people buying and selling to international collectors that's all :dunno
Anyway sorry for the rant.. just annoying to miss out on purchases when people have already agreed on selling.

Yeah I know how annoying it can be. It sucks being an international buyer in this hobby. I'm just glad there's nothing I now desperately want from previous releases but don't give up because this piece is :horror it's more than worth the effort :)

Yeah I know how annoying it can be. It sucks being an international buyer in this hobby. I'm just glad there's nothing I now desperately want from previous releases but don't give up because this piece is :horror it's more than worth the effort :)

Hey, I live in Canada, and even I have a tough time convincing some American sellers to ship to me. It can be rather annoying...maybe some of them believe they are shipping it to an igloo on the frozen tundra or something :dunno

Hey, I live in Canada, and even I have a tough time convincing some American sellers to ship to me. It can be rather annoying...maybe some of them believe they are shipping it to an igloo on the frozen tundra or something :dunno

Hey! Theres nothing wrong with igloos or the tundra ok!:lecture lol

Here's one on eBay if your a European buyer. I think he ships worldwide but it's not worth it if your from the States because you will pick up a better deal from an American seller. The only thing that would put me off is that there's no in hand pictures but that's your only option at the moment on evilbay for us Europeans.

https://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=330930229699&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=77691786705

Beatle J is from Australia. I can only imagine how hard it is buying a piece down under. Trying to play catch up from half a world away can't be easy. This Com is worth the effort he will have to put in to secure one. Once he can see it in hand and among his collection, all of his frustration will melt away.

Wats up everyone im new but jst wanted to say this statue is sick and if anyone is selling one for a fair price lmk thanks

I don't mind the hunt and trying to find one.. its the fact that I found one and had a seller that had agreed to sell to me but then he went and sold it to someone else without letting me know. I basically thought the deal was done and dusted and then I find out its been sold to someone else. I just found that flat out rude and arrogant. If he wanted to sell to someone else then at least he should've told me :dunno

:exactly: that's exactly how it feels sometimes like I live in a different world. its not really that hard to ship things to a different country. With the terms set in place to each person knows whats happening its actually pretty easy. If the buyer is willing to pay the costs then I don't really see the problem.

Im in Anchorage Alaska and have had some sellers refuse to ship to me. Even after Im willing to cover costs.

:exactly: that's exactly how it feels sometimes like I live in a different world. its not really that hard to ship things to a different country. With the terms set in place to each person knows whats happening its actually pretty easy. If the buyer is willing to pay the costs then I don't really see the problem.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that even if you accept all the responsibilities as a receiver if anything happens to the statue damage or lose wise, that if you use paypal that you can still go back on the seller to make a claim.

I think that's why alot of people don't want to ship internationally, i'm in Canada as well and know lots of people won't ship up here. i accept it and move on to the next seller, don't worry eventually you'll find the piece you want from a different seller. i always did.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that even if you accept all the responsibilities as a receiver if anything happens to the statue damage or lose wise, that if you use paypal that you can still go back on the seller to make a claim.

I think that's why alot of people don't want to ship internationally, i'm in Canada as well and know lots of people won't ship up here. i accept it and move on to the next seller, don't worry eventually you'll find the piece you want from a different seller. i always did.

That's exactly why people won't ship internationally, but I'm pretty sure that the buyer can still file a claim if they live in the same country as the seller...that's what doesn't quite add up fo rme. Like you said, though, oh well...if that seller doesn't want your business, move on to the next one.

I have a broker in NY I have crap shipped to. I then just drive over and pick it up.

There's a reg on eBay going for 600.00 on auction so far with one day left. Looks pretty good.

There's a reg on eBay going for 600.00 on auction so far with one day left. Looks pretty good.

Why telling everyone King. You should be going for that ;)

Watch it's price rise in them last few seconds though

Back