Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette

If I was to hazard a guess I would say it is this one that was shown during one of the studio tour vids

ABF83A0F-67D4-4ED8-97CB-1E90690A05CD-214-0000001A069BB124_zps4bef0929.jpg

The exact pic Ss posted on FB is directly behind he statue being worked on on the wall.

I'm finding that SS just sticks with the safe characters. Another Spidey? We have the comiquette, iron spider and back in black. With the prices of these they should be able to afford the Line expansion and still hold their gross margin at lower ES'. Shouldn't we be seeing at least a green goblin to fit the comiquette line?

Shouldn't we be seeing at least a green goblin to fit the comiquette line?

You would think a 1/5 Spidey and a possible Green Goblin will get released. Hobgoblin is feeling mighty lonely all by himself. :lol

I just don't see what the hell SSC is doing with their Com line. Do they think a 1/5 Spidey line will sell? Will anyone really buy a 1/5 Rhino, Venom, Carnage, or Green Goblin? I know I won't. I can see Spidey selling just because he's Spidey. Also, the aftermarket prices on both the Com and the PF may get some peeps to bite on a 1/5 classic Spidey. However, I just don't see too many collectors shelling out their dollars for a 1/5 Spidey line-up. Not when there is already an AWESOME 1/4 scale line-up already out and with more great 1/4 pieces sure to be released as well.

"The exact pic Ss posted on FB is directly behind he statue being worked on on the wall"
:goodpost:
So u think we might c Spiderman and MJ at this years Comic Con??

I'd love an SS spiderman. I missed out on the PF and Comiquette and don't fancy the Iron Man version either (or the secondary market costs)

I really am going to have to sell a kidney at this rate.

I'd love an SS spiderman. I missed out on the PF and Comiquette and don't fancy the Iron Man version either (or the secondary market costs)

I really am going to have to sell a kidney at this rate.

Playing catch up in this hobby really SUCKS!!! But if or when you do catch up it's really all worth it in the end.

Them moving the comiquette line to 1/5 has completely deflated my interest. I have Spidey, rhino, venom and carnage. I wa hoping this line would continue. It had a great take-rate and generally sold out each time.

Cutting a line off like that sucks *****. I'll always feel my line is incomplete. There are so many releases that should have happened and didn't. I really do not get this move. I reckon these 1/5 pieces will come in at the price we pay today for 1/4 and theyll release 1/4 at $375+. i truly hope they continue the comiquette line at least as 1/4 PF.

Them moving the comiquette line to 1/5 has completely deflated my interest. I have Spidey, rhino, venom and carnage. I wa hoping this line would continue. It had a great take-rate and generally sold out each time.

Cutting a line off like that sucks *****. I'll always feel my line is incomplete. There are so many releases that should have happened and didn't. I really do not get this move. I reckon these 1/5 pieces will come in at the price we pay today for 1/4 and theyll release 1/4 at $375+. i truly hope they continue the comiquette line at least as 1/4 PF.

they'll most likely continue with the characters to go along with previously released ones, but instead of it being called a Comiquette, it's going to be called a PF instead. Same size just different name is all.

Playing catch up in this hobby really SUCKS!!! But if or when you do catch up it's really all worth it in the end.

:exactly: when I finally managed to hunt down my Spidey CQ it was a great feeling :)

I'm glad SS are making this though, there's a lot of people out there who want a Spiderman & just can't afford the after market cost's for one reason or another.

Also I want another SS Spidey myself :D

I won't lie the original Com tempts me almost everyday, and damn I wouLd love to see it in person

He's EPIC! I remember waiting a looong time for the right Spidey statue from SSC. I was soooo glad I didn't pick up the PF when it was released. Nothing against the peeps that like the PF but the Com is the best Spidey statue I have ever seen. The sheer size of the piece, the pose, and the base on it are just outstanding. Seeing really is believing with this Com.

I hope you get a chance to eyeball it for yourself one day Spidey. Fair warning though.....after seeing it, I can't see how you won't be consumed with the desire to own it. It really is that awesome.

If there wasn't so much here and on the horizon I would have owned it by now but SS has smacked us with some ones as of late.

Spidey characters will continue to get 1/4 (Spidey PF & Comiquette, Iron/BiB Spidey Comiquettes, Symbiotes & Rhino Comiquettes, Green Goblin PF) and 1/5 (MJ, Hobgoblin, upcoming MJ & Spidey). That's not really going to change so don't worry, you'll still be able to add to your existing 1/4 Spidey collection.

After Rhino, the ONLY difference is all 1/4s will be called PF. Just a change on how they're labeled. The term "comiquette" is now used only for 1/5. Changing what the statues are labeled doesn't cut anything they were going to produce anyway.

Aside from the Olivetti Trio, and the upcoming JSC Spidey-MJ-Gwen Trio, there never really was a solid "line" to begin with. Spidey statues have jumped from PF, to 1/4 Comiquette to 1/5 Comiquette and that's the way its always been. Not so much a clearly defined line as it is SS will make who they want in the format they want when they want.

I am on the cusp of pulling the trigger on one too just can't decide what is a fair price vs. I really want this $#!7 bad price! What would guys say was a fair price for it?

I am on the cusp of pulling the trigger on one too just can't decide what is a fair price vs. I really want this $#!7 bad price! What would guys say was a fair price for it?

Ex goes for around a grand on the bay. I've seen it sell for as much as $1200. A REG will set you back between $800-$900. This sucker just keeps climbing in price. Your best bet is to try and pick up one from someone here in the for sale section when one comes up. Fellow freaks here do a nice job of selling their pieces for pretty fair prices. I picked up a mint BiB Spidey off a fellow board member here for $340 shipped. That piece is regularly selling for $500 or more shipped. There are a lot of great Freaks here that help fellow members out. Good luck picking up the Spidey Com. It's a jaw dropping piece.

I noticed a guy on the Statue Collectors facebook page is going to sell off quite a few pieces in his collection. He didn't name prices but I saw a Doom PF, a Thor PF and a Cap PF and he said those were a few of the pieces he was parting with. You may want to message him and ask if he has a Comi he's getting rid of.

Your best bet is to try and pick up one from someone here in the for sale section when one comes up. Fellow freaks here do a nice job of selling their pieces for pretty fair prices. There are a lot of great Freaks here that help fellow members out. QUOTE]

Sorry but Ive had bad experiences on here with buying stuff from fellow members.. I had one of these spideys lined up to buy from a fellow freak. I was ready to buy and then he stopped contact with me and I believe it was sold to someone else on here.

I have a WTB thread cos im looking for a Black Widow EX. 4 people have contacted me saying they have one for sale. Once they find out im in Australia all of a sudden its no longer for sale "nope sorry cant do it" was the last reply to my messages even though im willing to pay for the shipping costs.

ive also had the same problems with joker EX that I want and there has only one member so far that has been any help with selling me items I want.

Im not trying to start anything in this thread or the forum. This is a great forum with great info and im lots of great members but ive had bad experiences with buying on here. If im willing to pay the costs then my money should be as good as any local buyers :lecture

Sorry but Ive had bad experiences on here with buying stuff from fellow members.. I had one of these spideys lined up to buy from a fellow freak. I was ready to buy and then he stopped contact with me and I believe it was sold to someone else on here.

I have a WTB thread cos im looking for a Black Widow EX. 4 people have contacted me saying they have one for sale. Once they find out im in Australia all of a sudden its no longer for sale "nope sorry cant do it" was the last reply to my messages even though im willing to pay for the shipping costs.

ive also had the same problems with joker EX that I want and there has only one member so far that has been any help with selling me items I want.

Im not trying to start anything in this thread or the forum. This is a great forum with great info and im lots of great members but ive had bad experiences with buying on here. If im willing to pay the costs then my money should be as good as any local buyers :lecture

I'm sorry but international shipping is just something most sellers try to avoid for a number of reasons. I know it sucks for peeps in your situation but I can't blame someone for wanting to try and sell their pieces locally. International collectors always have it rough. Customs, higher shipping rates, and return issues will always be just a few of the hassles you will have to deal with.

For the record, my post was meant for Irish4aron. He lives here in the States so shipping wouldn't be an issue for him. I have bought a few pieces off of fellow freaks and all of my transactions were great. I picked up a Man-Thing Com and a EX Skaar PF (both for my cousin), and I purchased my EX Venom Com, Koto Spidey, and BiB Spidey for myself. I even traded for my EX Skaar PF with a fellow member as well. This place has been golden for me. I will ALWAYS look to do business here before I buy from any other place.

Back