Sideshow: Some minor changes are needed for LURTZ 1/4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gruson

GET OVER HERE!
Reaction score
I am still very excited about Lurtz finally being released! Even if it was released as is, I would still be THRILLED to own one.

But, there is a minor change needed, as Jimmy J pointed out to me.

I realize this is a prototype so in the end, this may not even be an issue.

I think leather armor is too brown and vibrant/new looking. It should be a lighter brown/grey color.

JJ thought it might be better if statue has some mudd splashes like Uruk-hai Swordsman statue. I would be fine either way though....not a big deal IMO.

What do you think?

I'm just hoping that we get a perfect Lurtz statue.
999.jpg

uh.jpg

Last edited:
I always liked the mud and blood splatters on the Weta stuff. Maybe Lurtz does need it. Eithe way, I like the colour of the PF outfit.

Looks like the sleeves and shoulder area need lighter coloured leather and chest area needs a darker colour.

Still a rockin' figure, but any changes for the better are always welcome.

Yes, the weathering, if done carefully, would look great. My problem is with quality control and getting a shoddy weathering paint job and having that mess up an amazing piece. Keep in mind that the poor girl in China, sitting on the Legolas and Matrix Twin boxes hasn't had a day off in 4 years... :naughty

While I don't mind the way the armor looks at this point, I do agree it *could* be weathered a bit more....more of a dusty "used" look.

Still, I'll take it and do it myself!! :D

I agree that the difference is remarkable, but I actually like SSC's version better than the real deal :eek:

If my piece turns out exactly like this prototype and doesn't screwed up in mass production I'll be 100% happy.

I agree need blood on it and a dirty look -- more like he just came from a slaughterhouse -- with his current look - it seems like he came from a orc wedding.

i think it would be great if Sideshow can incorporate these suggestions, since this is due 3rd quarter and enough time is there for it to be made.

plus - long shot but i wish the nameplate was optional, everyone who buys these knows it lurtz, don't need a nameplate, but thats just my personal opinion if nameplates could be removed i would go for it, even though it is a nice leather nameplate, i think its leather.

I admire the sculpt whenever I look at the prototype pics, but I agree.
This armor need some weathering on the leather. It should have more grayish/ dusty look to it. Just like Uruk-hai Swordsman Statue by Weta.
& Mudd splashes would be icing on the cake. :D

I want him just like he is. I think the figure is stunning. I know Lurtz should be all grungy like but the cleaned up version is better looking to me. Maybe it is a girl thing....dunno.:eek:

I really don't see the need to change anything either JB. I think weathering it could only mess it up.

jlcmsu said:
I really don't see the need to change anything either JB. I think weathering it could only mess it up.

But in the movie, Lurtz leather armor is weathered and more grayish.
Don't you think it should be true to the look in the movie?

lakeshouse said:
But in the movie, Lurtz leather armor is weathered and more grayish.
Don't you think it should be true to the look in the movie?

If it can be done and not mess it up sure. Otherwise leave it be.

Ok first off I think Sideshow doing this piece is fantastic and we get to have the lurtz we all screamed for (although a bit bigger)! Second I do agree with the suggestions.

jlcmsu said:

I agree JL...Weathering effects on clothing/armour are hit and miss...I LOVE the Lurtz premium format, just the way it is!!!!:banana :banana :joy :joy :banana :banana

SS pulled the subtle weathering off very well on the Luke IMO, so I am sure it can happen. :banana

Adding weathering would be good. but more than that,
I think SS should first change the colour of leather used
for Lurtz' armor. Maybe to darker brown or dusty grey.
Prototype Armor looks a little too light and vibrant looking.

Back