1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in no rush to decide anyway. Expected release will be summer 2018 with actual shipping early 2019.

Sideshow posted a pic from their booth. Cropped it together for a side-by-side with the original Hot Toys pic from page 1. My first impression is boots, gloves, helmet and chest armor are all different. Basically, this is a different figure than the original offering Hot Toys teased.

Hot Toys on the left, Sideshow on the right.

View attachment 335666

Its the exact same figure. OMG you guys crack me up....

Things just got weirder. :lol

No way we are getting this from both companies.

I still think the new photo Looks good though.

Sideshow posted a pic from their booth. Cropped it together for a side-by-side with the original Hot Toys pic from page 1. My first impression is boots, gloves, helmet and chest armor are all different. Basically, this is a different figure than the original offering Hot Toys teased.

View attachment 335666

I'll buy. It.

I'm with some others that this could be the same exact figure. It's a different angle and obviously probably not futzed the same. Not saying it is...but I think there is enough tricked perspective and alteration of the placement of the suit that this may not be very different from the original commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, these are prototypes so some things might be new/modified parts.

I need to see more pictures of this figure, but it looks pretty good so far. The original HT one displayed looks different and better in my opinion. It kinda looks like the helmet is sitting too high or something. Maybe like bebe13junior said it has to be futzed with properly.

I do like the idea of having the HT Snowtrooper, SS AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper Commander on display.

With the new Hot Toys previews coming for Hoth Leia - Emperor and Christmas Special Boba Fett...guess they passed Snowie Commmander to Sideshow.

I hope now Medicom, Takara and Enterbay to make this Snowtrooper commander too so we can choose the best :p

Its the exact same figure. OMG you guys crack me up....

Absolutely not. As someone who modified the Sideshow Snowtrooper I know it's proportions and details of the armor very well. The Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander is based off their standard Snowtrooper. You can see the flattened and wide torso armor compared to the thin and narrower Hot Toys chest plate. The eyes are better shaped but orientation is off, askew upwards. The placement of the silver disks on the ears are different.

It's a great looking figure and a nice comparison piece to their regular Snowtrooper.

BOBBY

Not too fussed about the commander, never really liked his helmet design.

Think I will just stick to 1 or 2 regular Hot Toys snowtroopers instead.

View attachment 335666

Hmmmm. One is significantly better than the other. Thankfully I wasn't overly interested in the Commander. I'm happy with the upcoming Snowtrooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sideshow had this on display at celebration. I took some pics. I'll try to get them up tonight.

Back