1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander

Well, I like to pose my figures with their clothes on,

You're missing out!

worgarswnudes.jpg

worgarswnudes1.jpg

worgarswnudes2.jpg

worgarswnudes3.jpg

:lol

I love that if you just google "wor-gar sideshow kitchen shots" that those instantly come up. :lol

Some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on this site, they still crack me up what, 10 *years* later!

I actually wanted to post those pictures, but I couldn't for the life of me know what to search under! :lol

It's nice to be known for something. :lol

I love that if you just google "wor-gar sideshow kitchen shots" that those instantly come up. :lol

Seriously? Let this be a warning to your children, be careful what you post.

What I'd really like to know is if those ever made it up on Sideshow's pin board in their kitchen at one time.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that HT and SS COLLABORATED on the armored figures (at least as far back as the clone wars troops) so this could literally be a SS/HT hybrid.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that HT and SS COLLABORATED on the armored figures (at least as far back as the clone wars troops) so this could literally be a SS/HT hybrid.

They probably made the body that everybody hates. :lol As HT as gotten bigger their quality control has suffered. Happens to a lot of companies unfortunately.

They probably made the body that everybody hates. :lol As HT as gotten bigger their quality control has suffered. Happens to a lot of companies unfortunately.

Hot Toys designed and manufactured the armored and Hobbit bodies for Sideshow, the bodies that most people don't like are the Prometheus and it's variants which Sideshow collaborated with a different design company. Sideshow most likely designed the Prometheus body with Bigshot Toyworks who designed the Sideshow Superhero and muscle bodies.

I've received my fair share of lose bodies from both SSC and HT, but most newer figures that I have received from either have had good stiff reliable joints.

I'm pretty sure everyone hated (hates) the bodies on Sideshow's Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper figures :) They're like rag-dolls in some instances.

Because you have a new HT Snowtrooper in hand right? SS's effort is from 2012 - it's MUCH easier to make a product when you have something to base it on, and by all appearances, the HT version is directly based on the SS version. So much so that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had been the exact same staff to design it and assemble the prototype.

"directly based on the SS version"? How? Because both are based on the ESB costume?

And "exact same staff"? Why would you say that? Because of this confusion about how it was shown/presented?

You're in Australia so I'l forgive you for not knowing what a large pair of fitting gloves look like. :)

Whatever your glove size and experience of winter, the snowtroopers onscreen in ESB didn't have huge gloves like what the SS version has.:dunno

Everyone thought the Commander prototype was HT and everything was all and good. Now it turns out it's probably a Sideshow piece and some folks are getting ready for panic mode. :rotfl

There are only two pics of the Commander proto in existence, and neither is all that hi-res. Not a lot of attention was paid to it perhaps also because people thought it might not see light of day, but now people are with the announcement.

The last couple of Sideshow figures, TOD Indy and Biker Scout, were fine as far as floppy joints. I think they have the plain male figure bodies fine at this point. I know the Jawas were a floppy mess, but that could be because they were new special bodies.

The problem I have with Sideshow bodies is proportions. While both my TOD Indy and Biker Scout are actually pretty good in that respect, you still get the odd ones like Fett and Tusken Raider that have super short forearms. The Sideshow bodies don't really hang/pose all that naturally either.

All that said, I think recently there have been HT figures with loose joints, haven't there?

They were actually OLD special bodies - from eight years ago. Atrocious.

And yeah, I had to strip my SSC Biker and dremel under the arms to get the arms to come down on the sides of the body. The Tusken was the worst SSC body I ever had. The new ATAT driver/TIE bodies are decent, but they are slightly too tall - making the figs a touch over 12 1/2" tall - and mine had loose/floppy hips on both.

I love the Sideshow At-At driver and the Tie Pilot, but this figure looks like HT level......have we figured out what the 'deal is with the Snow commander?

Nothing official yet. We might learn more from celebration floor.

Because you have a new HT Snowtrooper in hand right? SS's effort is from 2012 - it's MUCH easier to make a product when you have something to base it on, and by all appearances, the HT version is directly based on the SS version. So much so that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had been the exact same staff to design it and assemble the prototype. You're in Australia so I'l forgive you for not knowing what a large pair of fitting gloves look like. :) Anyway, I have one on my shopping list because it'll fit perfectly along side the SS version.

I've also bought every HT OT figure (except Vader) up until the end of last year and kept only the most impressive parts and figures - there are a few stand-outs and a number of duds - most are middling, with a few stand-out or salvageable pieces.

Everyone thought the Commander prototype was HT and everything was all and good. Now it turns out it's probably a Sideshow piece and some folks are getting ready for panic mode. :rotfl

SW 1/6 requires mixing and matching to get the best. Can't stick with only one vendor.

I don't need to have a HT Snowtrooper in hand mate to know that its way better than the Sideshow one.

The folds in the Sideshow Snowtroopers mask look **** and the gloves are too oversized. :lecture

Hah! I know what large fitting gloves look like too dude.

Just because I live in Australia doesn't mean I live out in the outback like Crocodile Dundee. :rotfl

I have the SSC snowtrooper and it's a great fig right out of the box, but it'll be even better with updated gloves and helmet that I'll get loose when the HT version hits. The gloves really are too big, the snowtroopers weren't wearing hockey gloves. Also the thin facemask on the new HT is an obvious improvement. Unless it turns out to be some horrible material that easily tears or deteriorates in some way.

Glad it's Sideshow. It'll be a better figure overall, even if the base body might not be. If they do one of their special bases, it'll be much nicer than the HT rectangles and as far as I'm concerned, the boxes are equivalent (and something I absolutely don't care about at all).
Sideshow pretty much has made the black hexagon stands their standard it seems like. To me their bases are some of the most plain and boring by any sixth scale company. Even if they incorporate anything extra they usually still feel cheap or don't fit well. Hot Toys is much better at the environmental bases. The boxes aren't a huge deal but are part of the overall presentation of the figure and I definitely don't find them equivalent. They always feel flimsy and often are pretty damaged. My Jawa box was pretty messed up right out of the shipper (which somehow wasn't damaged).

I can't see Sideshow retooling the boots for this when they already have the same styled boots for the AT-AT driver. And those boots definitely look different/better.

Sideshow posted a pic from their booth. Cropped it together for a side-by-side with the original Hot Toys pic from page 1. My first impression is boots, gloves, helmet and chest armor are all different. Basically, this is a different figure than the original offering Hot Toys teased.

Hot Toys on the left, Sideshow on the right.

Snowtrooper.jpg

Back