1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander

Pics of the screen used Snowtrooper Commander suit:

Snow_Commander_1.jpg

Snow_Commander_2.jpg

Sure it has. You must have missed the discussions we've been having about this figure in the Hot Toys Snowtrooper thread since yesterday!

I didn't miss that - nor the photos on Facebook before they were posted to the other thread here. This THREAD hadn't been posted yet - so I did. If I was in HK like half the people in the photos thread I'd have had it up even sooner. :)

Sure it has. You must have missed the discussions we've been having about this figure in the Hot Toys Snowtrooper thread since yesterday!

BOBBY

This figure deserved a separate thread. It is not the same figure with the regular grunt Snowtrooper as you already know. Pixel did right.

This figure deserved a separate thread. It is not the same figure with the regular grunt Snowtrooper as you already know. Pixel did right.

Interweb kudos to the Piper then.

BOBBY

Yes!!! Finally, Hoth. Now I just need to hear releases for Veers and a ESB Vader. Would be great to have some Rebel Troopers as well.

Well now I'm going to need that Eweb cannon.

Seeing this makes me realise how much I don't really like the updated 1st Order troops. No wonder every trooper variant is still available and below original price.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seeing this makes me realise how much I don't really like the updated 1st Order troops. No wonder every trooper variant is still available and below original price.

I think the issue I have with Clone Troopers and First Order Stormtroopers, is that they're variations on a theme. Nothing necessarily wrong with them on their own, but the classic Stormtroopers are so well-designed, original and iconic that anything else seems to be a dilution. Like a Dieter Rams product, their charm is timeless.

Last edited:

I don't have a problem with the designs of the new troopers in TFA, only the figures HT released of them. I had to wipe them all off my wanted list once I saw all the issues.

This commander and the regular Snowtrooper look great though. Just don't know about that pimp hand.

New troopers nothing more than a money grab by the mouse, OT troopers = perfection! :lecture
Haven't bought any, won't buy any FO troopers. Would rather buy more OT troopers with the money instead. :yess:

I'm hoping for a 2-pack, one commander one trooper.

I don't have a problem with the designs of the new troopers in TFA, only the figures HT released of them. I had to wipe them all off my wanted list once I saw all the issues.

You're missing out, the stormtrooper, snowtrooper, flametrooper and tie pilot all look great on the shelf, better than sideshow versions would have been.

New troopers nothing more than a money grab by the mouse, OT troopers = perfection! :lecture
Haven't bought any, won't buy any FO troopers. Would rather buy more OT troopers with the money instead. :yess:

Realistically what were they supposed to do, use the same trooper designs 30 years later even though the empire is long gone?

I think the issue I have with Clone Troopers and First Order Stormtroopers, is that they're variations on a theme. Nothing necessarily wrong with them on their own, but the classic Stormtroopers are so well-designed, original and iconic that anything else seems to be a dilution. Like a Dieter Rams product, their charm is timeless.

You could say the same about pretty much every thing you see, hear or felt in TFA.:lol

It would have been cool to have had all-new footsoldiers that weren't white armored with the "skull" helmet, but you start to realize that SW is chiefly a nostalgic experience and all-new is a bit risky.

Yeah I'm in that boat. Got one Jakku trooper and I'm good

You could say the same about pretty much every thing you see, hear or felt in TFA.:lol

It would have been cool to have had all-new footsoldiers that weren't white armored with the "skull" helmet, but you start to realize that SW is chiefly a nostalgic experience and all-new is a bit risky.

TFA was an interesting experience for me. I'll preface this by saying it was a piece of entertainment, and I welcome whatever gets created for this property as such.

That being said...I loved the film when I saw it in the theatre twice. I forgave the reboot/retread elements as a marketing decision.

But upon viewing the film at home I couldn't sit through it a third time.

The narrative as-is requires most of the elements we see, but it strikes me now as deeply cynical. The good guys were supposed to win. But not only did they not, they also get crappy marriages, murderous kids, and genocides five times the scale of Alderaan?

Lame. Once the art direction wore off, so did the charm. I'm not kidding myself, I'll watch the rest of the ST and even enjoy it for what it is -- but I won't be buying any merch. I have no personal connection to what Disney has done and I'm fine with it, life goes on. Of course we can never go back, that's okay too.

TFA was an interesting experience for me. I'll preface this by saying it was a piece of entertainment, and I welcome whatever gets created for this property as such.

That being said...I loved the film when I saw it in the theatre twice. I forgave the reboot/retread elements as a marketing decision.

But upon viewing the film at home I couldn't sit through it a third time.

The narrative as-is requires most of the elements we see, but it strikes me now as deeply cynical. The good guys were supposed to win. But not only did they not, they also get crappy marriages, murderous kids, and genocides five times the scale of Alderaan?

Lame. Once the art direction wore off, so did the charm. I'm not kidding myself, I'll watch the rest of the ST and even enjoy it for what it is -- but I won't be buying any merch. I have no personal connection to what Disney has done and I'm fine with it, life goes on. Of course we can never go back, that's okay too.

Story aspects aside, the simple fact is that the designers involved in TFA were nowhere near the level of the "perfect storm" artist combo of John Mollo (military historian background) Joe Johnston/Nilo Rodis (industrial design background) and McQuarrie (60's space program/fantasy illustration background.)

Back