Sideshow Shadow Stormtrooper!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone take a leap and "unweather" these guys? They've gone a little overboard for me and I can't help but to wonder what they'd look like done in the pristine styling.

Here is my Shadowtrooper I did a few years ago. It was a white Stormtrooper that was damaged, so I sprayed it with black spray paint and then I used floor finish for the shiny affect.

100_1116.jpg

100_1117.jpg

100_1120.jpg

The armor looks great, better than the official release IMO. I remember them being shiny and clean in the comics.

The headsculpt fits right in, but I'm a bit scared at the prospect of Obama clones.. :lol

The armor looks great, better than the official release IMO. I remember them being shiny and clean in the comics.

The headsculpt fits right in, but I'm a bit scared at the prospect of Obama clones.. :lol

Thanks.
I call this the "True Face of the Evil Empire"

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Great look to that armor brother. Very nice. I may tackle that mod myself.

Thanks but be careful if your painting the white Stormtrooper, there is something on the armor that makes some paints bubble. But I don't think the Shadowtrooper has it, but just in case it does use 90% alcohol and rub the armor with it then use soap to clean the armor again. Let dry then paint.

Here is my Shadowtrooper I did a few years ago. It was a white Stormtrooper that was damaged, so I sprayed it with black spray paint and then I used floor finish for the shiny affect.

100_1116.jpg

100_1117.jpg

100_1120.jpg

Looks much better than the official Pie Wars Shadow Stormtrooper release. :clap

I like them both but I prefer the medicom stormtrooper each having their own pro's and cons. The one centimetre difference does not bother me unlike some drama queens who claim it as huge or the hands size as its in scale with the figure (really do we all have the same size hands) :D

Medicom:
The medicom Shadow trooper looks better with the gloss black armour.
The bodysuit looks and feels better
The stiff articulation on the medicom when moved for poses.
The armour is tight on the medicom body.

Sideshow:
The sideshow E11 blaster is the best replication for any scale figure.
The detached belt with holster and flap that has a magnetic catch.
The body parts are easily taken apart. ( you ever tried to take the helmet off a medicom sheesh)
The use of elastic to hold Armour pieces together.

These are the reasons "I" like them both won't go into the cons about them. ( Well i did shell out a Hundred clams for them both)

:goodpost: I am with you 100% Pilgrim and I agree with all your pro's completely. I got my 2 Sideshow Stormtroopers at the same time and I was so disappointed with the Sideshow Stormtrooper armor in comparison to the Medicom armor that I didn't even open up the second one. The chest armor being my biggest con.

I like this pic from Star wars Galaxies with the red pauldron on the Black armour. Shh though it might upset The Gent. :D

Sfarmor.jpg

It also can just be seen here as well.

830px-SWGTCGConquerorCustom.jpg

Last edited:
Back