Sideshow Shadow Stormtrooper!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im very undecided about this fig there selling for about £69 new here in UK but then theres a sale at forbidden planet a sandtrooper corporal for £79 i really wanted ya standard white stormy but there like gold dust & way over priced :( i will more than likely get either this or the sandy & paint it white or clean up the sandy's armour :)

header.jpg

Added to the Rebelscum Photo Archive

Anyone take a leap and "unweather" these guys? They've gone a little overboard for me and I can't help but to wonder what they'd look like done in the pristine styling.

The pristine look is what SS should have chosen for this figure. The weathering is so bad it looks the poor Stormie participated in Pie Wars and lost. The Medi one looks much better than the SS version regarding finish and paint.

Yeah, I don't mind it myself. Then again I'd weather most of the figures we've gotten a bit more.

the weathering doesn't translate as nicely in photos as it does in person... reserve judgement until the fig is in hand.

I just picked up ne of the long blasters from a sandtrooper corporal from TA for my Blackhole Stormtrooper.

I am stoked.

Thats a cool pose! :hi5: I know this is a sin but I like the storm trooper better in black, it looks more menacing. The Black hole figure is tighter also, my white storm trooper is like a rag doll.

Great job on that pose pusher, he really looks like he is in motion. It reminds me of some Star Wars cover art I saw at some point just I just can't quite remember what it was.

Thanks guys, yeah they could paint anything black and I'll probably think its cool, now we just need some shadow snowtroopers.

I like them both but I prefer the medicom stormtrooper each having their own pro's and cons. The one centimetre difference does not bother me unlike some drama queens who claim it as huge or the hands size as its in scale with the figure (really do we all have the same size hands) :D

Medicom:
The medicom Shadow trooper looks better with the gloss black armour.
The bodysuit looks and feels better
The stiff articulation on the medicom when moved for poses.
The armour is tight on the medicom body.

Sideshow:
The sideshow E11 blaster is the best replication for any scale figure.
The detached belt with holster and flap that has a magnetic catch.
The body parts are easily taken apart. ( you ever tried to take the helmet off a medicom sheesh)
The use of elastic to hold Armour pieces together.

These are the reasons "I" like them both won't go into the cons about them. ( Well i did shell out a Hundred clams for them both)

Last edited:
This is the the only Stormtrooper variant I didn't get yet (excepting the fugly Gentle Giant Magma Trooper statue blah). I might one day get one but still not fond of the Pie Wars paint apps on the armor.

I like them both but I prefer the medicom stormtrooper each having their own pro's and cons. The one centimetre difference does not bother me unlike some drama queens who claim it as huge or the hands size as its in scale with the figure (really do we all have the same size hands) :D

Medicom:
The medicom Shadow trooper looks better with the gloss black armour.
The bodysuit looks and feels better
The stiff articulation on the medicom when moved for poses.
The armour is tight on the medicom body.

Sideshow:
The sideshow E11 blaster is the best replication for any scale figure.
The detached belt with holster and flap that has a magnetic catch.
The body parts are easily taken apart. ( you ever tried to take the helmet off a medicom sheesh)
The use of elastic to hold Armour pieces together.

These are the reasons "I" like them both won't go into the cons about them. ( Well i did shell out a Hundred clams for them both)

:exactly::goodpost:

Yes, I have them both too, and like them equally!

Back