Sideshow SDCC exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re:SDCC

Welcome Nomad! :wilkommen

I'd love some 1/6 Star Trek figures, It'd be nice to here that announcement. But with the Sideshow Star Trek busts, and 1/4 scale not selling all that well, add to that the very nice Art Asylum 6" figures not selling too well in stores, and the Enterprise series being canceled, I don't think there is much of a chance. I don't mean to jinx it, I really do want Sideshow Star Trek 1/6 figures. but at this point we have a much better chance of Sideshow doing Star Wars 1/6 figures.

why would they open up the sales to people who are not participating in Comic Con before the Con even starts?

Other companies have done it why not Sideshow? But I'm not wanting them to be sold before the Con. Just have them on their website after the con, with a limit of one per customer at both the Con. and on their website. And this time NOT $5 MARKED UP from the original Comic Con. price. >: I don't know why I had to pay an additional $5 in the lottery for Nazi Kroenen and latter for Vampire Angel when these were being offered for the original Con. price on the wait list just a couple of months latter. :x

The Lottery just doesn't sit well with me, hoping that I win the option to buy these figures is worst then just going to their site and buying them.

I'll ask the question again. If other companies can offer their Con exclusives direct to their customers, why not SS?!?:dunno

Someone asked what we think SS should do, so here's my 2 cents:

First SS should offer all newsletter members a chance to purchase the Con exclusives. Lets face it. The SS newsletter subscribers are the customers that put SS on the map. Without OUR support THEY wouldn't be the company they are today. IMO the least they could do is show how grateful they are to US. SS should offer the newsletter subscribers a limited time to purchase the items. Like a week. Kind of similar to what they did with the exclusive Greivous. Then SS can alter the edition sizes to meet demand. If the demand is higher than expected, then SS could fill the Con attendees orders first and then ship out the newsletter subscribers later. I'm sure the subscribers are use to long waits already. This way EVERY SS fan would have the chance to purchase these items. After the week is done, cut off the preorders and start offering the Con exclusives to people going to the Con.

This way everyone is happy.:peace

The lottery didn't work. That's a fact. I still don't see how some online stores got stock on Kroenen but I still never got a chance to purchase one. That means SS's lottery was full of problems from the start. SS newsletter subscribers should of got first crack at those Kroenens not online stores. That just shows you how messed up the program was.

Why didn't people in the lottery get first crack at these "extra" Kroenens??? WHY???????

Well that's my opinion.

:skull

You have something there Bonehead, I'd like it if Sideshow took that approach. Much better Idea then the lottery system.

I'm keeping my panties unbunched until the specifics are revealed on May 31/June 1. :)

dpb.jpg

:mwaha :mwaha

Good point FF.

Somebody asked so I had to put my 2 cents in.:p

:skull

At this point the 7 exclusives are on the boat to the US. The limited runs are finished and the factories have moved on to making other things. SSC can't just make more or set a higher edition size like they can with all their other pre-order stuff.

So they have to be sure there are enough for the fans who are con attendees. One thing that might have been a problem last year is lottery emails bouncing. It seems they've straightened out their email problems now though.

Also, last year, the lottery was a fixer for all the complaints they recieved.

SDCC

As a faithful collector from overseas who spends lots of $$$ on SS, I would think I should have the opportunity to purchase the exclusives without having to fly have planet.

Re: SDCC

I got stung last year,due to my lack of patience.I was so convinced i would nt have a chance with the lottery that i scanned all the messageboards that may have had an interest in the SDCC hoping to find someone who was attending who d get me a Nazi Kroenen.I found someone over on the Buffy boards who was attending and seemed very genuine.I duly sent him £80 via Western Union to cover the cost,plus some decent packaging and a little something for being good enough to help a fellow collector.That was a year ago and i ve given up asking now,and tire of how as soon as he appears on my IM list he promptly vanishes again.I hope he chokes on whatever he spent my hard earned cash acquiring.

As it happens i was fortunate enough to win the lottery,winning both Nazi Kroenen and Vamp Angel,although they did nt arrive until February last.So while i have no problems with the lottery per se,it s a shame that it drives normally rational folk like me to such extremes.

Having said all that i hope theres a Bond exclusive somewhere in there,either the Goldfinger in the white tuxedo with rose,an M figure(though this would be cruel) or my beloved and long awaited "Thunderball" equipped with the Bell Rocket Belt.

As a faithful collector from overseas who spends lots of $$$ on SS, I would think I should have the opportunity to purchase the exclusives without having to fly have planet.

I feel your pain - last year the UK's Forbidden Planet did carry Sideshow's SDCC sculptures... but unfortunately not their 1/6 figures (the beginning of the end of my love affair with Sideshow). Touchwood *all* will be made available to overseas folk this year.

Nick

I'm hoping that of the seven exclusives there are none that I want. One of the reasons that I collect Sideshow products, and have given up most other toy collecting is the ease of getting exactly what I want. As long as I am diligent in my ordering, and I do it quickly, I can get every exclusive and regular piece without paying anything extra.

While I had the chance to get every exclusive last year, I would worry that the same wouldn't happen this year.

So, while I'd love a new Bond or POTA item, I would prefer they were regular releases.

We know one is the Hellboy figure so whats left:
Star Wars
Buffy
Bond
Lotr
Horror
Predator
POTA

To wildly speculate:

Hellboy
Vamp Xander
I love the idea of a Goldfinger white tux Bond
SW - 1/4 scale Han's Blaster
Lotr - Sauron bust?
Dernhelm Helm
Mini Krueger art print

RE: exclusives

I was really ticked off last year, particularly about the kroenen figure. I bought one for $125 from a dealer, then won one from the lottery, then had a second chance in the halloween f5 marathon to get two. I wound up with 4, and you know what, I got all 4 because it really annoyed me that I couldn't get one. :bang I shouldn't complain, but it was really a prolonged form of annoyance. I haven't forgotten but I have forgiven sideshow, for the moment. I agree with the previous post that 7 exclusives mean more people ticked off. It is ridiculous, especially for fans that collect more than one line.

Anyway, patience is the key.

Re: RE: exclusives

I'll repeat myself. :rolleyes

Why did online stores get the "extra" Kroenens instead of lottery participants and newsletter subscribers???:help :help :help SS knew there was still a demand.

Hello...testing, 1, 2, 3,...is anybody out there??:wave

The lottery was a scam. Don't deny it.

For the record, I've used the same email address for the last 6 years so the "emails bouncing" excuse is no excuse.:rolleyes

Re: RE:SDCC

Hey B15, I hope you didnt come to the conclusion that on-line stores had them Kroenens from something I may have posted. When I said Adam had them for like $50. It may have just been the one that was offered to me. He would have picked that up himself. If it was, I am sorry for misleading you in any way. My bad. Sorry to you too Adam for pointing the finger at you with misleading information.

I am laughing my head off here Frankenfan. You are just too much. :bow

As far as guesses go I would say;
1) Hellboy (got one right)
2,3,4) LotR items
5) Possibly a 1/4 Rosebox shotgun
6) Giles (Just to rile youse), Dark Willow, or some other Buffy figure.
7) PotA Astro Ape or the other Law Giver.

As an outside bet, the Revnant Frankenstein or Viking that was previewed ages ago at the Toy Fair.

I think my panties are creeping. :p

Re: RE:SDCC

If I have to guess I'd say that there will be something among the lines of these...

A 1/6 Predator figure?
A 1/6 Scarface figure?
1 Star Wars item (maybe a Han Solo belt buckle or something?)
1 1/4 shutgun (repeat of last years 1/4 Hellboy samaritan)
2 LOTR items
1 Buffy figure

Back