Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I meant if Rhino was lifesize, based off the statue's proportions, he would weigh quite a bit more than 710lbs. He is monstrously huge. I love my Rhino statue so it's not a complaint...

No I meant if Rhino was lifesize, based off the statue's proportions, he would weigh quite a bit more than 710lbs. He is monstrously huge. I love my Rhino statue so it's not a complaint...

I know that Snad. I was just trying to have a little fun. There is no doubt that Rhino is a big boy.

Hey guys I just got mine in and it indeed seems to have one of the QC cracks. Does anyone know if these will get worse over time or cause any real structural issues? Mine is along the back. Thanks for any help!

Hey guys I just got mine in and it indeed seems to have one of the QC cracks. Does anyone know if these will get worse over time or cause any real structural issues? Mine is along the back. Thanks for any help!

Don't think it will get worse. The thing is made of fiberglass... Get some grey epoxy putty and you can fill the cracks and it won't be noticeable. Some dude did that on this thread.

It's hard to say whether it'll get worse or not over time. He was released not that long ago. It may take years to actually know if this will get worse or not. Snads recommendation is spot on. There is a guy here in this thread that found a cheap and effective way to fill in the cracks and tells you how to do it. It's a damn shame that after spending over $400 you have to deal with cracks and repairs but it's what you will have to do if you want to have this statue in your collection.

It's hard to say whether it'll get worse or not over time. He was released not that long ago. It may take years to actually know if this will get worse or not. Snads recommendation is spot on. There is a guy here in this thread that found a cheap and effective way to fill in the cracks and tells you how to do it. It's a damn shame that after spending over $400 you have to deal with cracks and repairs but it's what you will have to do if you want to have this statue in your collection.

Fiberglass is extremely durable.

It is a shame to fix it but it's a cheap and easy solution. The sculpt on Rhino is outstanding. The subtle detail covering his entire body is reminiscent of what Sideshow does best... Monsters.

I am tracking down Rhino's first appearance to put it between my Spidey Com and this statue.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys. I will go back and look for the name of that Grey epoxy and try to hunt down some. It really is a great piece just always a bummer when QC stuff like this happens.

I knew he was big but I didn't realize just how damn big.
My crappy cell phone pics : I need to get Ultron out of there lol

BWQ1TiHIYAAzP0G.jpg

BWS81UIIcAAj37I.jpg

BWS9LerIYAATt6p.jpg

Fiberglass is extremely durable.

It is a shame to fix it but it's a cheap and easy solution. The sculpt on Rhino is outstanding. The subtle detail covering his entire body is reminiscent of what Sideshow does best... Monsters.

I am tracking down Rhino's first appearance to put it between my Spidey Com and this statue.

Rhino looks fantastic. It truly is a magnificent looking statue. It is a shame that it was dogged by QC issues. At least, this one seems to be easily fixed.

Good luck scoring Rhino's first appearance. It'll look great between those 2 pieces.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys. I will go back and look for the name of that Grey epoxy and try to hunt down some. It really is a great piece just always a bummer when QC stuff like this happens.

I knew he was big but I didn't realize just how damn big.
My crappy cell phone pics : I need to get Ultron out of there lol

BWQ1TiHIYAAzP0G.jpg

BWS81UIIcAAj37I.jpg

BWS9LerIYAATt6p.jpg

The epoxy is JB Weld steelstick. It is $5.98 at Lowes.....(that's what it costs here in Indiana)

He is very light, you can pick him up with 2 fingers:) shouldn't be a problem at all...

Back