Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rhino Comiquette - ON SALE NOW - use link in first post!

you will be hit with taxes and brokerage fees in addition to the $25 shipping charge.

In Ontario it is 13% tax plus about 5-10% in fees.

you will be hit with taxes and brokerage fees in addition to the $25 shipping charge.

In Ontario it is 13% tax plus about 5-10% in fees.

Ok well I expected to pay tax. Good to hear that shopping cost sounds accurate. I assume the rhino will be similar size to the destroyer. 5-10% fees are not to bad. I guess I might just have to try it once and see how bad it is. My first sideshow purchase maybe my last lol.

Thanks ambasah

there shouldn't be 5-10% fees; just your local tax (12% in BC) plus a flat $10 brokerage fee from FedEx.

there shouldn't be 5-10% fees; just your local tax (12% in BC) plus a flat $10 brokerage fee from FedEx.

Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like there are some differnet experiences with the process. I like what you said wicker a $10 flat brokerage fee is pretty good. I am all the way up in NWT so we'll see I guess.

:yess:

Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like there are some differnet experiences with the process. I like what you said wicker a $10 flat brokerage fee is pretty good. I am all the way up in NWT so we'll see I guess.

Another thing you could do is to open an account with FedEx (on their website or on the phone) and link this account with a credit card. When you get your account number, just contact SIDESHOW and ask them to add this FedEx account number to all your shipment.

When all is done, your FedEx parcels will clear customs much faster, your HST/PST/GST taxes will be credited directly on your Credit Card (you won't have to pay them at the door) and you shouldn't have to pay any brokerage fees.

Of course, you will still have to pay about $25 S/H to Sideshow for shipping your statue. ;-)

Another thing you could do is to open an account with FedEx (on their website or on the phone) and link this account with a credit card. When you get your account number, just contact SIDESHOW and ask them to add this FedEx account number to all your shipment.

When all is done, your FedEx parcels will clear customs much faster, your HST/PST/GST taxes will be credited directly on your Credit Card (you won't have to pay them at the door) and you shouldn't have to pay any brokerage fees.

Of course, you will still have to pay about $25 S/H to Sideshow for shipping your statue. ;-)

some good ideas here.

I now get everything sent to a pal near the border to lessen the expenses. Before then, SS used to send me packages via UPS and they raped you with brokerage fees. Good to hear that fedex only charges a flat fee.

:goodpost:

I live in Alberta and also have only ever been charged the $10 flat brokerage fee. I created an account (with credit card on file) with FedEx a long time ago and haven't paid the $10 fee since. It's a great setup!

Thanks for the big welcome. peedi, it's nice to have a place to go where there are other like minded folks to chat. I actually have another question for anyone who could help. I live in Canada and I just saw when I went to place my order that I could get nailed for duty when my order ships. It said anywhere from 0-20%, that's a big risk to take an may cause me to have to reconsider ordering from sideshow :(. Any fellow Canadians have any advice or experience in regards to this? Thanks again everyone. I would hate to miss out on this but it's starting to add up.

I'm in Winnipeg and typically I been paying $25 shipping and $45 duty on premium format figure priced at $300. Now that the priced on premium format figure jumped to $349, I'm probably looking at $75 on duty.

Between this piece to complete my spiderman trio, or Skaar to pose with the hulk comiquette???? Decisions, decisions.

I live in Alberta and also have only ever been charged the $10 flat brokerage fee. I created an account (with credit card on file) with FedEx a long time ago and haven't paid the $10 fee since. It's a great setup!

yep, I just linked my account to a FedEx one a month ago and have been able to save on the $10 for the first time on my Vamp order

Between this piece to complete my spiderman trio, or Skaar to pose with the hulk comiquette???? Decisions, decisions.

Well you can get on the Rhino EX waitlist now and a good chance it'll convert. You'll have to pay above retail to get a Skaar EX now. If you want the reg of either your good now. IMO the Skaar might not look good next to Hulk com due to the scale difference.

Thanks. I will set up an account with Fed-ex this weekend and hopefully it works out the same way for me. :)

Well you can get on the Rhino EX waitlist now and a good chance it'll convert. You'll have to pay above retail to get a Skaar EX now. If you want the reg of either your good now. IMO the Skaar might not look good next to Hulk com due to the scale difference.

good to hear people think there is a chance that the waitlist will convert for the EX but I am fine if I only get a regular. I am only on the waitlist for now but if it hasn't converted when they start showing only a few regular left I'll have to cancel and just get a regular. Don't want to be left in the cold with neither. That would suck:(

good to hear people think there is a chance that the waitlist will convert for the EX but I am fine if I only get a regular. I am only on the waitlist for now but if it hasn't converted when they start showing only a few regular left I'll have to cancel and just get a regular. Don't want to be left in the cold with neither. That would suck:(

I prefer u to stay on waitlist dont get worried abt regular until shipping if u really want Ex...... for Rhino Ex is must coz its change of head..... Waitlists converts thats why they r opened ..........:wink1:

get this piece, without the ex head it's undisplayable.

the skaar ex is nice but not must, dual sword is just fine.

Waitlists convert all the time, I was on the Colossus EX WL since November and if just finally converted. Also got a Thor EX convert that should be here today. Just stay on it and you have a good chance since it has not been sold out too long.

get this piece, without the ex head it's undisplayable.

the skaar ex is nice but not must, dual sword is just fine.

Exactly. I have been saying all along that the EX on Rhino is a MUST! Nothing changes the look of a statue like a COH. The 2 heads on this piece make all the difference display wise. Does anybody really care if Skaar is swinging an Axe or sword? I don't. This is coming from someone who secured the Skaar EX. If I could only chose one EX between the 2, the Rhino EX would win out hands down for me.

A COH > a swap out weapon or art print in my book. And for anyone of you who bring up the Cap PF Ex in this argument to try and prove me wrong....how does any of the EX features work without his COH? You couldn't even display the WW 2 Cap without it. A good COH is the single most important EX feature on ANY statue IMHO. I would have no problem displaying Skaar with a sword instead of an Axe. I wouldn't even think of buying the REG Rhino. Knowing I wouldn't get the COH on that piece would kill me.

Exactly. I have been saying all along that the EX on Rhino is a MUST! Nothing changes the look of a statue like a COH. The 2 heads on this piece make all the difference display wise. Does anybody really care if Skaar is swinging an Axe or sword? I don't. This is coming from someone who secured the Skaar EX. If I could only chose one EX between the 2, the Rhino EX would win out hands down for me.

A COH > a swap out weapon or art print in my book. And for anyone of you who bring up the Cap PF Ex in this argument to try and prove me wrong....how does any of the EX features work without his COH? You couldn't even display the WW 2 Cap without it. A good COH is the single most important EX feature on ANY statue IMHO. I would have no problem displaying Skaar with a sword instead of an Axe. I wouldn't even think of buying the REG Rhino. Knowing I wouldn't get the COH on that piece would kill me.

Hmm? Now you got me rethinking about how I collect. True I guress an extra hand holding a weapon is whatever, but a extra head is 2 statues for the price of one. I have alot of ex statues that I don't ever switch out the weapons much at all. But the heads I switch out every few weeks.

Back