Sideshow repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys but I'm a beginner, I don't know how much time a good painter spend over a single head, for me is about 40 hr, mostly during the weekends... a lot of free time imo. How much should I ask for? No thanks, with the same money you can get a better work from a professional painter ;) ATM I need to practice over my figures just as an hobby, anyway, I'm free to change idea in the future.

Thanks guys but I'm a beginner, I don't know how much time a good painter spend over a single head, for me is about 40 hr, mostly during the weekends... a lot of free time imo. How much should I ask for? No thanks, with the same money you can get a better work from a professional painter ;) ATM I need to practice over my figures just as an hobby, anyway, I'm free to change idea in the future.

:goodpost:

Well the talent is there, you just need to work on getting faster. 40hrs per head is a very long time if you plan on making a go of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think pros charge $200-300 or more for a paintjob. Even at that rate its only $5/hr. Not really worth it, even as a hobby. Complete some more projects, post them, get your work out there for people to see. Start your prices low and move up as you get "better, stronger, faster." :lol

Well the talent is there, you just need to work on getting faster. 40hrs per head is a very long time if you plan on making a go of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think pros charge $200-300 or more for a paintjob. Even at that rate its only $5/hr. Not really worth it, even as a hobby. Complete some more projects, post them, get your work out there for people to see. Start your prices low and move up as you get "better, stronger, faster." :lol

Thanks Natedog, I'll keep your suggestion in the drawer.

This evening I've started something different, painting over the original paint. I'm so excited from the new HT Leia, I can risk my old Sideshow princess now.

Don't know if I'm doing right or wrong but she looks different. Painting eyes during the weekend.

d605414a4f0904de79815928a05c0de6.jpg

7e52f882621c83d1f8ca3d4acb0170b0.jpg

Finished Asajj

I did many errors, restarted three times (the white is pain in the a...). I wanted a bad girl but was very hard for me to get good shades from this color, so I'm focused on the make up and this is the result. I like it but wasn't my original plan, keep learning...

Asajj Ventress repaint 00.jpg

Asajj Ventress repaint 01 .jpg

Asajj Ventress repaint 12.jpg

Asajj Ventress repaint 15.jpg

Asajj Ventress repaint 18.jpg

Asajj Ventress repaint 19.jpg

Back